You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Warnock: Liverpool lacked class over Clyne loan deal

TLW

Neil Warnock has blasted the conduct of Liverpool over the failed loan move of Nathaniel Clyne to Cardiff.

The Liverpool right-back was heavily rumoured to join his old manager in Wales however on Friday, Clyne joined Bournemouth on loan until the end of the season.

The veteran manager cut a frustrated figure in the aftermath of the Bluebirds shock 3rd round FA Cup to Gillingham and not for the first time in his career took his anger out on the Reds.

Sky Sports reported Warnock as saying.

"I was disappointed with Nathaniel Clyne.

"Having known the player and given him his debut (at Crystal Palace), I'm disappointed not just with the boy himself but with Liverpool as well for not ringing me.

"To see it on television when I've done everything right and they've promised that he's my player this week, it's a disgrace for me, it's a lack of class isn't it?

"But listen, we're not going to get any favours, whether it's on the pitch or off it and we're always up against it and that's when we're good.

Warnock suggested he should have looked to the 'dark arts' of the transfer market to get the deal over the line.

"I probably should have been illegally tapping him, but I've done everything right and then Bournemouth come in and I suppose Bournemouth paying £19million for [Dominic] Solanke probably whetted their appetite a little bit."

The Cardiff manager continued his blame game saying that the wait over signing Clyne had cost him further signings.

"The reason I'm disappointed with Nathaniel and Liverpool is that I've missed out on three players because of waiting.

"I lost out on a couple of full-backs and a striker, so I'm doubly disappointed."

gagal-pinjam-clyne-warnock-sebut-liverpool-tidak-berkelas.jpeg

For those with good memories, they will remember that Warnock also laid a fair share of the blame of Sheffield United's relegation in 2007 at the door at the Reds and Rafa Benitez in particular.

What irritated Warnock so much was that he deemed that Rafa had fielded a weakened team against Fulham looking ahead to the Champions League final against AC Milan.

Fulham won the clash 1-0,  pushing the Blades one step closer to relegation.

For those who need a refresh, here is what Warnock said at the time.

" I didn't even know two of those that played for Liverpool at Fulham last week.

"I'd never heard of them but when you are a foreign manager like Rafa Benitez, you probably don't give two hoots about what Sheffield United think."

" I’ll never forgive Benitez for playing what wasn’t even a reserve team.

“I’d understand it if the Champions League was the following week but it was 18 days away.

"You don’t ever forget things like that."

02578113000004B0-2889823-image-a-24_1419853920973.jpg

Warnock also sent a email to Rafa saying he would never forgive him who in turn replied, threatening legal action for questioning his integrity and alleging that a Harrods hamper would be delivered to him by Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed.

It took good few years for Warnock to get over it, talking about it in great detail whenever the topic was raised.

However it has finally appeared to let it go, even praising Rafa this season for the loyalty he has shown to Newcastle under tough circumstances.

Just for Neil's benefit, the starting lineup included the likes of Pepe Reina, Xabi Alonso, Alvaro Arbeloa and Sami Hyppia and Craig Bellamy to name just five.- hardly what you describe as 'nobody's.'

Jurgen Klopp and Warnock have been mutually appreciative of each other's teams and personal achievements in the game, in the lead-up to their meeting earlier this season.

This non-loan deal of Clyne may put a damper on the unlikely 'bromance' but perhaps for once, Warnock can look in his own backyard before placing blame at the feet of others.

View full article

The bit about Liverpool 'promising' him Clyne is utter bollocks. First of all, it's Clyne's decision as to whether he wants to go to Cardiff or not. Secondly, we aren't obliged to speak to Warnock personally. Thirdly, it sounds like Warnock just assumed the player would want to join him having apparently worked with him before.

It doesn't take much for 'your boy' Warnock to see his arse and start throwing accusations at Liverpool. He's called Colin Wanker for a reason, the bitter Norris Cole-sounding bastard.

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Am I just making this up.............nearthe end of that season did HE not field a weakened team v UTD to rest players for a six pointer the following week? 

No you are not.

A 1-1 draw with Charlton was all it gained.

All he had to do was match Wigan on the last game of the season and they'd have been safe.

The cunt couldn't even do that.

That Liverpool team v Fulham

With the Champions League final looming, Liverpool's side, with nine changes, was unrecognisable from the one that got the better of Chelsea in midweek.

o.gif
606: DEBATE
SH

Along with Jermaine Pennant, goalkeeper Jose Reina was the other player not be rested and the Spaniard, who saved two penalties in Tuesday's shootout, kept Fulham at bay until Dempsey's goal.

9 changes from a Champions League semi Final, I’m surprised we could still go with

Reina, Arbeloa, Paletta, Hyypia, Insua (Finnan 75), Pennant (El Zhar 65), Alonso, Sissoko, Gonzalez (Kewell 77), Fowler, Bellamy.
Subs Not Used: Padelli, Hobbs.

3 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

That Liverpool team v Fulham

With the Champions League final looming, Liverpool's side, with nine changes, was unrecognisable from the one that got the better of Chelsea in midweek.

o.gif
606: DEBATE
SH

Along with Jermaine Pennant, goalkeeper Jose Reina was the other player not be rested and the Spaniard, who saved two penalties in Tuesday's shootout, kept Fulham at bay until Dempsey's goal.

9 changes from a Champions League semi Final, I’m surprised we could still go with

Reina, Arbeloa, Paletta, Hyypia, Insua (Finnan 75), Pennant (El Zhar 65), Alonso, Sissoko, Gonzalez (Kewell 77), Fowler, Bellamy.
Subs Not Used: Padelli, Hobbs.

Cant see what he was moaning about to be honest. Three players pushing thirty or just over all coming on in the second half.

2 minutes ago, House of Dirk said:

Cant see what he was moaning about to be honest. Three players pushing thirty or just over all coming on in the second half.

Because we were really going to pick our strongest XI just a few days after they'd been involved in a highly tense CL semi final second leg that went to extra time and penalties.

No doubt he'll have his players fired up when they play us unlike the recent home games against Spurs and Utd. But that's what Warnock does when he doesn't think he can get a result he doesn't give a shit he concentrates on the maybe winnable fixture the following week. 

I remember that 2007 season and I recall him playing Man Utd midweek that season and basically fielded a reserve side as they had a game against another relegation opponent on the Saturday .