You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Who vs Led Zeppelin

Bjornebye

Who was the better band?   

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better band?

• The Who
    • Led Zeppelin

On 1/5/2019 at 1:28 AM, Stickman said:

Not so much Zeppelin but fucking love this version with Page and Plant

Guess it doesn't have the power of the original line up even if there are about a 100 backing musician's helping out

I know they sound different but who had the idea first of showing off the hair and chest..... Page ....

Related image

Or Daltrey??

Image result for Roger daltrey 1971

Gotta throw Paul Rodgers into the mix as well for that.

Incidentally, with Free and Bad Company, he’s had more chart success than Zep.

personally, I think Rodgers had a better voice than either Daltry or Plant. Subjective though ey?

10 hours ago, Chris said:

I really can't believe this was posed as a serious question. 

Not even in Zeppelin's stratosphere. 

I get people would love Zeppelin more than The Who , fuck I love Zeppelin but to come out with comments like this or not even in the same league really is totally ridiculous and shows a total lack of musical knowledge .

The Who were one of the greatest and arguably the most influential band this country has ever produced from punk to heavy metal they have been a major influence on bands ranging from The Pistols to The Clash through to Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Weller, Johnny Marr and Oasis.

Throw in a shit load of classics which when you consider they only released nine studio albums the last two or three of which were shite then it's pretty impressive....(Oh and the best live LP ever)  

The sad thing is The Orrible Oo are more appreciated in the States than over here....Although looking at the kip of the people in this country I think that's a badge of honour.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I get people would love Zeppelin more than The Who , fuck I love Zeppelin but to come out with comments like this or not even in the same league really is totally ridiculous and shows a total lack of musical knowledge .

The Who were one of the greatest and arguably the most influential band this country has ever produced from punk to heavy metal they have been a major influence on bands ranging from The Pistols to The Clash through to Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Weller, Johnny Marr and Oasis.

Throw in a shit load of classics which when you consider they only released nine studio albums the last two or three of which were shite then it's pretty impressive....(Oh and the best live LP ever)  

The sad thing is The Orrible Oo are more appreciated in the States than over here....Although looking at the kip of the people in this country I think that's a badge of honour.

I seem to recall almost all of the grunge / Sub Pop bands referencing Led Zeppelin as their main influence, and I always thought Zeppelin were widely credited for "inventing" heavy metal?

10 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I seem to recall almost all of the grunge / Sub Pop bands referencing Led Zeppelin as their main influence, and I always thought Zeppelin were widely credited for "inventing" heavy metal?

Led Zep were a major influence on Heavy Metal but it shouldn't be overlooked how Live at Leeds was as well

https://www.loudersound.com/features/the-whos-live-at-leeds-the-story-behind-the-definitive-hard-rock-holocaust

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

The Marshall stack was invented at the request of Pete Townshend. Changed rock music forever. 

https://marshall.com/about/marshall-history

5 hours ago, Stickman said:

"I hope I die before I become Pete Townshend." – Kurt Cobain.