You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Who vs Led Zeppelin

Bjornebye

Who was the better band?   

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better band?

• The Who
    • Led Zeppelin

I never got into Led Zeppelin. Then I finally sat down and listened to How the West Was Won and it suddenly clicked. That album is unbelievable if you haven't heard it. Just pure freedom and energy. I never heard that energy on any of their studio records.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I really don't see how this is up for debate at all. 

Pete Townshend a fucking Paedo

Roger Daltrey a tory cunt

There is not one member of The Who where they are better than Zeppelin 

Robert Plant pisses all over Daltry

John Paul Jones better

Jimmy Page better

John Bonham better

It's not even close

Always thought Daltry’s vocals were fucking epic and still are now. I prefer his vocals to plant. Also that twirly thing with the mic gets added points.

I never knew anybody could be in with a fighting chance against Entwistle when it comes to bass playing? You honestly think there is a better bass player? 

I play a bit of geetar and Townshend rhythm has always floated my boat. Nobody better IMO *plays intro to the seeker*

Everybody would have Moon in their dream band line up, just for the craic alone. 

It’s a whitewash 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I really don't see how this is up for debate at all. 

Pete Townshend a fucking Paedo

Roger Daltrey a tory cunt

There is not one member of The Who where they are better than Zeppelin 

Robert Plant pisses all over Daltry

John Paul Jones better

Jimmy Page better

John Bonham better

It's not even close

John paul Jones is a great multi-instrumentalist and arranger, but as a bass player not even close to John Entwistle. 

44 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

John paul Jones is a great multi-instrumentalist and arranger, but as a bass player not even close to John Entwistle. 

John Entwistle had possibly the most rock n roll death of all time. John Paul Jones produced an album by The Mission. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Should be 

Daltory the Brexit loving prick

His politics stink but if we're going to delve into all their personal lives we'll find out that they're all cunts in their own ways. Some of the stuff I've read about Bonham & Moon would make your toes curl, both horrible bastards at times unfortunately.

42 minutes ago, Mook said:

His politics stink but if we're going to delve into all their personal lives we'll find out that they're all cunts in their own ways. Some of the stuff I've read about Bonham & Moon would make your toes curl, both horrible bastards at times unfortunately.

Favourite drummer out of the two please Mook. 

21 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Skim-read this thread and discovered Alan Curbishley used to hang about with Keith Moon.

Impressive trivia but, to be honest, I think Pardew and Lou Reed’s lost year in Berlin was more iconic.

Pardew was only there after helping out on the sound desk for Raw Power. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

I'm staggeringly ignorant about both bands and only know a couple of tracks. I reckon I'd dig both bands though, where should I start? 

Difficult one but if we're talking albums I'd go with:-

Led Zeppelin IV

Who's Next or maybe a greatest hits