You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Who vs Led Zeppelin

Bjornebye

Who was the better band?   

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better band?

• The Who
    • Led Zeppelin

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

I saw the 25 Year Anniversary show at Giants Stadium - the least Who-ey show ever.

I saw them on that tour in London when they played with about 15 backing musicians due to Townshends tinnitus or as it is also known as The a Who on ice tour....Wasn't great.

They we're pretty good when in 2000 they strippied it back to just four with Zak Starkey on drums and it was around then with Entwistle's final gig they were outstanding at The Concert for New York in 2001.....The last truly great Who gig. 

Incidentally has there ever been a better rock death than Entwistle's , a heart attack in th Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas with two hookers and a line of cock....And he was the boring one.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I saw them on that tour in London when they played with about 15 backing musicians due to Townshends tinnitus or as it is also known as The a Who on ice tour....Wasn't great.

They we're pretty good when in 2000 they strippied it back to just four with Zak Starkey on drums and it was around then with Entwistle's final gig they were outstanding at The Concert for New York in 2001.....The last truly great Who gig. 

Incidentally has there ever been a better rock death than Entwistle's , a heart attack in th Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas with two hookers and a line of cock....And he was the boring one.

Didnt his wife make some comment about ‘that’s him’ or ‘that’s the way I knew he’d go’? 

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Got a text from O2 about that. Might see if there is a ticket available on the day. I've heard they are very good. 

I'll be the middle age bloke, bald, with an ale gut dancing awkwardly and looking like I'm reliving a long lost youth and a joyous life ruined by that bastard thing, the vagina. 

I'll be dead easy to spot for sure.

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Not the way I’d like to go out personally. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

I'll be the middle age bloke, bald, with an ale gut dancing awkwardly and looking like I'm reliving a long lost youth and a joyous life ruined by that bastard thing, the vagina. 

I'll be dead easy to spot for sure.

All 600 of you . Who do you think you are? Code? 

Be funny that though if i've had a few, walking up to anyone fitting that description and going "are you chip butty?" 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Mook said:

If it's Q I wouldn't bother, it'll be a load of rehashed stories & pictures with the wrong dates at the bottom.

The new book about Peter Grant (Bring it on Home) is meant to be really good though, not read it myself yet.

The reviews of that on Amazon are very good, I'm surprised nobody has ever made a film regarding Grant deffo not the sort of bloke you want to get on the wrong side of. 

I've read one of his other books on The Who ...Pretend You're In a War The Who and The Sixties which is excellent

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...