You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club Vs Liverpool Football Club, Football Association Cup Third Round

Dicko

I still want us to play to win it so wouldn't be making huge changes and bringing in kids. 2 defeats on the bounce regardless of the tournament puts extra pressure on. Wolves look safe in the league so will fancy a decent cup run and our scalp. We've got a few days rest for this then 5 days till Brighton. I'd go with:

Allison

Clyne

Lovren

VVD

Robertson 

Keita

Fabinho

Lallana

Shaqiri

Sturridge

Mane 

Few players who need a start but should be enough quality to get the result. 

Run the bench and let some of our big players recover. Have a look at Fabinho in defence.

Of course, we'll still have to play our best player to have any hope of winning. Sorry Virgil, no break for you.

Alisson

Clyne
VVD
Fabinho
Moreno

Keita
Henderson

Lallana

Shaqiri
Sturridge
Origi

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

@cinco veces @Dynamite @The Woolster, who’s ready to make the step up from the U23s?

Outfield wise, nobody really. Chirivella is the most experienced player in the 23s set up currently, but I can't see him getting into the squad for this game. Grabara or Kelleher could find themselves on the bench.

Other than Pedro, Curtis Jones & Rafa Camacho are likely to be the closest outfield players as they've been training with the first team longer than the other 23s that people may think could come in on Monday.

Liam Millar may be an outside shout to make the bench.

If he's fit enough, then Matty Virtue would deserve a place in the squad for me, as he's been excellent for the 23s for the last couple of seasons.

My opinion on 23s side that played against Swansea in December that could make the squad for Monday.

Kelleher - Yes

N. Williams - No

Juanma - No

Masterson - No

Johnston - No

Coyle - No

Jones - Yes

Chirivella - No

Millar - Yes

Christie-Davies - No

Lewis - No

Substitutes:

McKenzie-Lyle - No

Savage - No

Ritaccio - No

McAuley - No

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Outfield wise, nobody really. Chirivella is the most experienced player in the 23s set up currently, but I can't see him getting into the squad for this game. Grabara or Kelleher could find themselves on the bench.

Other than Pedro, Curtis Jones & Rafa Camacho are likely to be the closest outfield players as they've been training with the first team longer than the other 23s that people may think could come in on Monday.

Liam Millar may be an outside shout to make the bench.

If he's fit enough, then Matty Virtue would deserve a place in the squad for me, as he's been excellent for the 23s for the last couple of seasons.

My opinion on 23s side that played against Swansea in December that could make the squad for Monday.

Kelleher - Yes

N. Williams - No

Juanma - No

Masterson - No

Johnston - No

Coyle - No

Jones - Yes

Chirivella - No

Millar - Yes

Christie-Davies - No

Lewis - No

Substitutes:

McKenzie-Lyle - No

Savage - No

Ritaccio - No

McAuley - No

We’re forced to field Lovren and Van Dijk again then it looks like. Not ideal.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

@Pidge thoughts? 

4 hours ago, Pidge said:

There'll be some rotation, but other than up top and left back it probably won't mean a significant drop in quality. Would have been good to give Virgil some time off but don't see it happening. 

Allison

Clyne

Lovren

VVD

Moreno

Henderson

Fabinho

Shaqiri

Keita

Salah

Sturridge

• Upvote 1