You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

As soon as you heard 117 you knew it was Taylor. No way was Prograis getting a wide card like thst in England. 

Typical Italian dodgy card in a country that scoring is as bad as Italy, US and Germany these days

Thought Taylor maybe just snuck it

Because the rounds are very close and aloy depends on what you want to see. 

Some just want pressure even if the fighters missing. Other happy with a May weather type shell and landing counters and not taking clean hits. 

The first 5 rounds are razor thin

I never bother scoring as I'm too biased anyway but my general take was Taylor landed the heavier shots and repeatedly did so throughout the fight. Prograis has a fantastic chin and is great on the counter, terrific work rate as well. Close fight

Just back in haste.

I was at the 02 tonight for the Taylor fight.

I scored it 7-5 for Taylor.

Both world class fighters with an unusual amount of schooling. The amount of feinting, double, triple jabs and head movement on display was remarkable. Both boxed nicely off the back foot, catching and shooting, and the exchanges on the inside when they tried to force their man back were fucking ferocious.

It was violent chess. 

I was at the 02 for the Loma fight and that was amazing; to see the greatest sportman in the world ply his trade. Tonight had a different dynamic, because I has so much skin in the game, it was basically an away match supporting the boys.

Taylor is the man in his division, deserves to be fighter of the year and just vaulted himself into the top 10 P4P(probably number 8 or 9).

I would be well up for a rematch.

If no rematch, Ritson at St. James's Park would be unbelievable and we still have an Edinburgh Castle dream fight.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Owen(Loadsoftrophies) and Brynie - what did you boys make of that?

Absolutely loved it. I couldn't wait for the fight as soon as it was announced. It didn't disappoint.

It was a high class war. It's unusual we get to see two world class fighters beat the shit out of each other.

The feints, positioning, savagery, momentum changes, grit, guts, neither man allowing the other to break his will. It was absolutely brilliant. 

I had it a draw, but I'm delighted that Taylor got the nod. Taylor's inside work is fucking savage. Prograis looked spent during the 10th and rallied. The 11th was round of the year. The fight was bout of the year. Taylor is officially one of the top 10 fighters in the world pound for pound now.

1 hour ago, Byrnie said:

Putting Ritson in with Taylor would be mental. He'd destroy him inside a few rounds.

I like Ritson but he's just had the win of his career and is building a good following, the absolute last thing he needs is to be massacred by Taylor, he'd smash the fuck out of him.