Quantcast
Boxing 2019 - Page 44 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Elite

Boxing 2019

Gorman tactics have been awful this far. Zero use of the jab and soaking up Dubois shots, which is not a great idea against a puncher 

3 minutes ago, J-V said:

On his arse.

was this bloke supposed to be be good?

There are worse heavyweights. Gorman will probably have the British title for a while when Dubois moves onto European/World level. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

There are worse heavyweights. Gorman will probably have the British title for a while when Dubois moves onto European/World level. 

Gormans a decent fighter, he was very poor tonight but he's by no means a bad fighter.

I just hope to god they never make Gorman v Hughie Fury, that'd be the stinker of all stinkers.

Dubois isn't much of a talker is he?

Watched 45 seconds of his interview with Bunce (20 seconds were spent talking to Gorman) and it was enough for me to change channel 

I posted this earlier on a NFL forum I post on. Obviously that's focused on the NFL and not boxing/mma but there's plenty of crossover, more so on amateur boxing. But what's the thoughts of the GF

Yeah I can't imagine many do care. Boxing is just a night out for so many of the sky generation fans. But as we find out more and more about the effects of CTE and how quickly is actually happens I find it plays on my mind more and more. Especially as its kids and teenagers most at risk. 

It's all well and good not having much head contact but if you have been to a gym you know it happens. 

The podcast on Aaron Hernandez was very interesting. He was a NFL TE for the Patriots, went off the deep end and old gang ties etc, paranoia he murdered at least one person and suspected of others. Ended up committing suicide at 27 and when the checked his brain after death he had CTE level 3 out of 4. Now he only played 3 years at the pro level and stopped playing at 24. Now how much that caused him to do what he did we will never know, but we do know that he played from around the age of 8 and turned pro at 21,thats alot of damage. 

The next person they found with a brain in the same state as his was a 47 year old man

https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2017/nov/09/aaron-hernandez-cte-brain-damage-photos

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Sorry Lee , I was only joshing with you because there was nothing in your post after the two lines.

Yeah posting my actual post may have helped

Take 2

Posted this earlier on a Saints forum I post on. 

Wonder what people's thoughts here are

Just wondering if anyone has had second thoughts of letting their children/grandchildren play football.

I was listening to a multipart podcast on the Aaron Hernandez case. And while they did not make excuses for him being a murderer or try to blame it just on the injuries they did cover that his brain was scanned after he died and they found that he was level 3 of 4 on the scale they use. And this was a kid that had officially on had 2 concussions and was out of the game at 23.

Im not saying the game should be banned or anything as its personal choice at the end of the day. Just wondering how things are in the states with people pushing their kids into other sports?, stopping them playing tackle football etc.

Obviously there are lots of good things from playing sports and football.