You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

5 minutes ago, Red74 said:

And if he ko’s him they’ll be saying usyk was nothing but a cruiserweight who was spoon fed to him. The lad can’t win on here, regularly fights top 10’s and gets ridiculed while fury fights washed up actors in empty arenas and wilder fights old men for peanuts and they get lauded like Ali & Frazier. 

Fury does get lauded too much in my opinion - I agree on that.

As per your point re Usyk - do you honestly think there is any argument to say that Joshua is a more skilled and complete boxer than Usyk? I don’t. That’s not to say Joshua is shite, but if Joshua won, a factor in that would certainly be the size difference. I don’t think it would be unfair to mention it in any analysis afterwards. He would get huge props if he beat Usyk though.

4 hours ago, Red74 said:

And if he ko’s him they’ll be saying usyk was nothing but a cruiserweight who was spoon fed to him. The lad can’t win on here, regularly fights top 10’s and gets ridiculed while fury fights washed up actors in empty arenas and wilder fights old men for peanuts and they get lauded like Ali & Frazier. 

Yeah, it’s clearly a case of people not liking the guy and saying he’s shit or he would be hammered by somebody else because of it. 

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

The absolute state of heavyweight boxing. 

£25 to watch someone jog around a ring the size of a small country as a hippo does a line dancing routine on ket. 

And it's live!

One of the two best boxers in the division can't punch, and the other can't box, and yet both of them would dismantle Joshua. 

Still can't believe Ruiz had three of the four belts. Don't think he can.

• Upvote 4

Wasnt the ring the same size as the first fight? Dunno.

My problem is that we are back to Joshua being spoon fed, say what you like about Fury, he went in with Wilder, I cant see Hearn allowing Joshua anywhere Wilder or Fury. The only chance of a big fight will perhaps be Usyk but that will be 18 months away if at all. 

This threads getting worse. Are we talking about the same Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder who absolutely shit it when the offer came in to fight Joshua or is there other fighters with the same names out there?

If only joshua would have fought heavyweight terrors like Tom Schwarz and Otto Wallin instead of jumping straight back in with fella who’d just executed him or got back in with a bum like Brezeale or a 50 year old who lives in a care home. 

Joshua’s resume pisses all over the other 2

35 minutes ago, Red74 said:

This threads getting worse. Are we talking about the same Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder who absolutely shit it when the offer came in to fight Joshua or is there other fighters with the same names out there?

If only joshua would have fought heavyweight terrors like Tom Schwarz and Otto Wallin instead of jumping straight back in with fella who’d just executed him or got back in with a bum like Brezeale or a 50 year old who lives in a care home. 

Joshua’s resume pisses all over the other 2

Wilder's 38/39/40th opponents as HW champ were Chris Arreloa / Gerald Washington / Berhame Stiverne.

In the last 3 years and in his first 22 fights , Joshua fought Whyte, Martin, Brezeale, Klitschko, Parker, Povetkin and Ruiz.

Fury's dance card before and after Klitschko / Wilder needed to find a better class of opponent to even elevate his campaign description to Bum of the Month.

On a separate topic , is everybody convinced Wilder / Fury will happen in February ?

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Wilder's 38/39/40th opponents as HW champ were Chris Arreloa / Gerald Washington / Berhame Stiverne.

In the last 3 years and in his first 22 fights , Joshua fought Whyte, Martin, Brezeale, Klitschko, Parker, Povetkin and Ruiz.

Fury's dance card before and after Klitschko / Wilder needed to find a better class of opponent to even elevate his campaign description to Bum of the Month.

On a separate topic , is everybody convinced Wilder / Fury will happen in February ?

Even wilder doesn’t think it will happen. Esp after Fury signed with ESPN

There will always be question marks about all 3 until they start to face each other (Fair enough Wilder v Fury) but I'm not confident about the rematch going ahead. It wouldn't suprise if fights between the trio never happen and we'll never find out who truly is the No1.

So much negativity. No-one is suggesting that this is a golden era of heavyweight boxing but as people who like to watch a scrap, it’s still entertaining isn’t it?

Okay last nights fight was a bit boring but from a purist sense you have to give Joshua credit for realising that he would have been knocked out if he went gung ho like last time. He boxed and moved and won comfortably.

Whether he can do that against Wilder and/or Fury is another matter, but i’ll enjoy having some mates around with some good food and a few beers to find out.

Lighten up people.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Elite said:

There will always be question marks about all 3 until they start to face each other (Fair enough Wilder v Fury) but I'm not confident about the rematch going ahead. It wouldn't suprise if fights between the trio never happen and we'll never find out who truly is the No1.

On the basis that Fury was robbed against Wilder I'll give the #1 to him.

Just now, Brownie said:

So much negativity. No-one is suggesting that this is a golden era of heavyweight boxing but as people who like to watch a scrap, it’s still entertaining isn’t it?

Okay last nights fight was a bit boring but from a purist sense you have to give Joshua credit for realising that he would have been knocked out if he went gung ho like last time. He boxed and moved and won comfortably.

Whether he can do that against Wilder and/or Fury is another matter, but i’ll enjoy having some mates around with some good food and a few beers to find out.

Lighten up people.

Mate the two biggest fights of the whole year have been Joshua v Ruiz twice. The 3 biggest names in the sport are 34, 30 and 31 and only once have any of them met. Fury is busy power-slamming cunts through tables, Wilder is just punching walls and Joshua (despite a shock defeat) is being wrapped in cotton wool by Hearn. They should all be at each other. The best in the divisions fighting. Thats exciting. 

Of the top 3, Wilder and Fury have fought each other, I dont think Hearn (not Joshua necessarily) fancies Joshuas chances. Thats my problem with Joshua being champ again and Hearn holding the cards.

I thought Joshua fought the fight he should have done first time around, not great to watch but job done.

• Upvote 1

As an aside I bought a ticket for £5 at a pub in town in the week to watch the fight. I turn up at the door and the bouncer tells me he doesnt need to see the ticket as the pub was rammed with people that didnt buy one. He reckons they only sold about 20. Was well pissed off and I shall be in there in the week demanding my fiver back, Bastards

Absolutely awful as a spectacle.

From Joshua’s point of view, credit for a professional job in executing an adapted game plan to the letter and having the balls to go straight back in against an opponent who bashed him up last time.

Found it boring as fuck though tbh, with the Mexican Buster Douglas predictably eating as many jabs as he usually does twinkies and the fight seeing less action than Hades bedroom.

Joshua’s good but not great, which probably says more about this era than him to be fair.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Joshua will drop the WBO belt to avoid Usyk and he'll end up fighting Pulev in a fight no fucker wants to see.

We'll have 3 different belt holders plus Fury and Whyte all fighting the everyone except each other.

The fuck has Whyte got to do with anything?