You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Embarrassing from Ruiz. Truly, one of the most pathetic "champions's performances" I've ever seen.

Thank fuck that fat cunt isn't champion any more.

Had his claim to fame already and nobody can take that away. As someone said, he'll be set up for life after the two fights unless he carries on eating 20 burgers a day. Like you say, pathetic, not the kind of fight you pay good money to see, thank fuck for free streams, even though I had to listen to two French blokes blathering on the whole time. 

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I don't think anyone is questioning that this is the right tactic against a fat, seemingly unarsed boxer, with quicker hands than you, in a giant ring. Jab and move. 

The only times in this fight where Joshua has had any slight trouble is when he has engaged. 

This won't be good enough against Wilder, Fury, and probably several others. 

This

Couldn't care that he won tonight, as Ruiz doesn't deserve to be a world champion. Joshua tactics where correct, winning is all that matters. What bothers me is that it's being painted as a brilliant showing, it wasn't, it was a simple win to out jabbed a fat, short opponent in a fight that should never have happened, he should never have lost first time around. Its the fact Hearn isn't stupid and will continue to throw things in the way of a legit fight with Wilder or Fury. It'll be Whyte next, maybe the baby Miller fight

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Had his claim to fame already and nobody can take that away. As someone said, he'll be set up for life after the two fights unless he carries on eating 20 burgers a day. Like you say, pathetic, not the kind of fight you pay good money to see, thank fuck for free streams, even though I had to listen to two French blokes blathering on the whole time. 

Atleast you didn't have to endure the pair of cunts on Sky

Just now, moof said:

If Fury had a performance like that people would be wanking themselves silly 

would they?

ive never heard anyone say Fury was exciting.

Isnt that why Joshua was so popular, that he was so devastating as opposed to just another Klitschko?

I just hope Joshus has the bollocks to face Wilder, but i highly doubt he does, because Deontay would knock him spark out. 

I dont get what Joshua did that could be classed as brilliant?

He won comfortably no doubt, but what was brilliant about it? He circled to his left and right, keeping it long. Given the size of the ring and the size of his belly, Ruiz couldnt get close.

Hardly brilliant, though it was clearly all that needed to be done.

The bigger ring is a disgrace. Joshua with a longer reach was always going to run away like he did later on. Ruiz held the middle and wanted to fight all through that. Joshua won by a mile but slagging Ruiz there is out of order. He was odds on to get twatted easily in the first fight and won. 

Still a fix though. Belarus was right. Load of bollocks. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Embarrassing from Ruiz. Truly, one of the most pathetic "champions's performances" I've ever seen.

Thank fuck that fat cunt isn't champion any more.

Wasn't embarrasing at all. Joshua made the fight boring with his tactics. Ruiz was the one one the front foot for all the fight.

5 minutes ago, J-V said:

A shame Hearn gets his greasy mits on the belts again.

Sadly.

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

One of the worst fights I've ever seen.

Not even close.

2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Joshua boxed brilliantly there. Had a plan, stuck to it and won comfortably.

Summed up well.

Saw nothing to change my opinion that Joshua would struggle against the quality in this division, but a bloke who looked like he held his training camp at McDonalds is not that quality.  The fat cunt trousered 13 million for that, he'll probably be 35 stone and washing himself with a rag on a stick in three years time.

• Upvote 3