You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

14 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Ruiz hasn’t been with Arum for a few fights now. I think he’s with PBC.

If AJ wins, there’s absolutely no chance of him going for the trilogy. He’ll take those belts and run. 

Must be Al Haymon then, I get confused between those two.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

To be fair Bellew was alright in the build up to that fight. From what I remember. 

He was his usual self - calling usyk ugly, talking in that self important way, promoting his never say die attitude. He’s one of those people who doesn’t live off people's perception of him by his actions, he keeps repeating the things he wants people to see in him.

Hypocritical, self indulgent tit. I’ll never warm to him because I won’t listen to him any more. 

Forced, contrived and fake cunt.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Quite odd seeing sportsmen being pushed to explain their working in the likes of Saudi , but nobody asking why our government sells them billions of pounds worth of military hardware

Good point that. 

Joshua gets punched in the head for a living, I don’t expect him to be out there making profound political statements. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Remmie said:

Bellew was a tedious prick when it came to promoting and analysing his fights but I reckon there is a decent knowledgeable guy behind all the act and now he's retired you can see that side a little bit more.

Belt sale this. 

Sorry mate - not sure why I quoted you and then discussed a completely separate issue!

The Ruiz Joshua fight is a belt sale.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They've fucked the fight off for a car boot sale where they only sell belts.

It was Marvin Haglers idea. 

Haha - fast Eddie selling fake tags and rolexes.

8 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

What does that even mean?

I mean I think Ruiz is selling his belts

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

This smells of Riddick Bowe and James Buster Douglas after winning the title from Ruiz

Have you seen those clips that he did with a small time weed firm? A ‘day in the life’ type thing. He doesn’t exactly come across as focused. Having said that, all he has to do is land one on Joshua’s temple and it’s game over.  

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

Have you seen those clips that he did with a small time weed firm? A ‘day in the life’ type thing. He doesn’t exactly come across as focused. Having said that, all he has to do is land one on Joshua’s temple and it’s game over.  

I’m telling you - he’s swanning about for this. Hearn has offered him enough money to not give a fuck. He’s come in a stone heavier than the obese cunt he already was. He will lose this, Joshua will continue to be milked and Hearn will set a couple of pay day fights up for Ruiz on the back of it. Maybe Whyte, Usyk, Parker or Chisora.

If thats the case then lets hope he does a One Punch Mickey and loses his temper after getting tagged and just sparks Joshua clean out then rolls through the ropes and bear-hugs Eddie Hearn until his head pops off and starts chasing Charlie Adams penalty all around the stratosphere 

He only came in on 5 weeks notice last time and he's always been a fat cunt. He's a natural fighter, which Joshua isn't. I'm slightly leaning towards Joshua now but will still stick a bet on Ruiz KO as I've no doubt he'll catch Joshua at some point.

12 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Not seen them. 

I tend to watch very little anymore and only tune in now and again. Same with most sports really. Hardly ever watch mma, though plan to watch next event. 

Just don't get excited by it all anymore. 

13 minutes ago, belarus said:

I’m telling you - he’s swanning about for this. Hearn has offered him enough money to not give a fuck. He’s come in a stone heavier than the obese cunt he already was. He will lose this, Joshua will continue to be milked and Hearn will set a couple of pay day fights up for Ruiz on the back of it. Maybe Whyte, Usyk, Parker or Chisora.

Hearn won't go near Usyk till he's rung the last few pennies out of Joshua or he's back into a corner. It'll be Whyte, it would've been Whyte last year too if he could. Or that other fat yank that failed his drug test Miller. Doubt they'd even have the balls to put him in with Ortiz

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Hearn won't go near Usyk till he's rung the last few pennies out of Joshua or he's back into a corner. It'll be Whyte, it would've been Whyte last year too if he could. Or that other fat yank that failed his drug test Miller. Doubt they'd even have the balls to put him in with Ortiz

I think he was on about Ruiz mate. 

The decision to stage the Ruiz-Joshua 2 in Saudi Arabia, however, does introduce several variables that could affect the outcome. For starters, the country has no state or national boxing commission. This has already altered one potentially crucial factor in the fight — the size of the ring, which will be unusually large on Saturday. Both the U.S. based Association of Boxing Commissions and the British Board of Boxing Control require rings to be between 16 and 20 feet square. The Ruiz-Joshua 2 ring will be 22 feet long on each side. Many experts have suggested that Joshua’s best strategy in the rematch would be to use his legs, keep Ruiz on the outside and try to outpoint Ruiz with his jab. Should Joshua attempt such a game plan, he’ll have 84 additional square feet to execute it.