You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The more I hear Joshua speak, the less I like him.

I have no idea what the temperature will be out there at fight time or how it will impact on either fighter, but my take is that if Joshua can go 12 rounds, has worked on speed and foot work, then the best bet is Joshua on points.

Ruiz is Mexican remember.... Not sure the temperature will have too much of a negative effect on him. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ruiz is Mexican remember.... Not sure the temperature will have too much of a negative effect on him. 

True enough mate, I have no idea what the temperature will be and I'm no student of Human Physiology mind. Obviously Ruiz will be more comfortable at a Million degrees. That's why I said IF Joshua can go 12 rounds and comes in lighter to aid movement AND avoids a slugfest, then a points victory looks the best bet.

I'm not entirely sure that Joshua can or has shaken off that defeat Psychologically. 

My instincts tell me Joshua on points, but  I won't be lumping on it.

34 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

True enough mate, I have no idea what the temperature will be and I'm no student of Human Physiology mind. Obviously Ruiz will be more comfortable at a Million degrees. That's why I said IF Joshua can go 12 rounds and comes in lighter to aid movement AND avoids a slugfest, then a points victory looks the best bet.

I'm not entirely sure that Joshua can or has shaken off that defeat Psychologically. 

My instincts tell me Joshua on points, but  I won't be lumping on it.

Yeah you wouldn't bet on this no chance. I can see Ruiz hammering him again. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah you wouldn't bet on this no chance. I can see Ruiz hammering him again. 

I really don't know how this will go Comrade. All I do know is that fighting in Saudi Arabia is a massive mistake.

I hope Joshua is getting well paid, as it could well be his last big purse.

He loses this and he's finished at the top level.

Mind, I can't see him beating Fury or Wilder either.

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Joshua will fight in the same defensive pawing jab manner he did against Parker. 

The ref will be a major factor, if he allows Joshua to hold when it gets close it'll be a easy night

Agree with that Lee. 

If Joshua has any sense he will make it like Ali-Spinks 2 and just get the win.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I really don't know how this will go Comrade. All I do know is that fighting in Saudi Arabia is a massive mistake.

I hope Joshua is getting well paid, as it could well be his last big purse.

He loses this and he's finished at the top level.

Mind, I can't see him beating Fury or Wilder either.

If he loses this Hearn can still sell any of them fights. The British public that goes to boxing is as thick as fuck and will believe what sky tell them. They thought Hatton could beat Mayweather and Pacquiao. 

Joshua, like Bruno, boxes by numbers and will stick to whatever plan he is given. The moment he gets tagged the plan will go out the window and he'll get knocked out. 

I see it going either way, if Joshua can avoid getting hit by good shots he'll probably win. If Ruiz gets him once, he will win.

Be interested to know when the ring walk is?

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Joshua will fight in the same defensive pawing jab manner he did against Parker. 

The ref will be a major factor, if he allows Joshua to hold when it gets close it'll be a easy night

My take too.  

He said in the head-to-head he’ll knock him out and the rumours coming out of his camp are of him banging out sparring partners all over the shop, so guaranteed he’s going for a use the reach, pawing with the jab on the back foot snooze fest with as little action as possible.

To be fair to Joshua he has only had a couple stinkers on his record (Takam and Parker), most fights he is in are decent. Ruiz' fight with Parker was pretty shite as well, Parker being the common denominator. I'm sure both will be a bit more cautious in this fight but almost any result is possible. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

If he loses this Hearn can still sell any of them fights. The British public that goes to boxing is as thick as fuck and will believe what sky tell them. They thought Hatton could beat Mayweather and Pacquiao. 

Yes mate, everyone British who goes to boxing events is thick as fuck and buys into everything the media feeds them, not just because it’s enjoyable to go and watch live boxing. You and a handful of others are the only ones who really know what’s going on.

Also, supporters showing blind optimism - whatever next? Relegation threatened teams selling out against last year’s champions - what’s the point??

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, belarus said:

Yes mate, everyone British who goes to boxing events is thick as fuck and buys into everything the media feeds them, not just because it’s enjoyable to go and watch live boxing. You and a handful of others are the only ones who really know what’s going on.

Also, supporters showing blind optimism - whatever next? Relegation threatened teams selling out against last year’s champions - what’s the point??

PB010014.jpg

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, belarus said:

I'm obviously not saying everyone who goes. But like Darts it's more of a night out for most. The numbers and UK TV PPV events tells you everything. A bang average UK rivalry is PPV worthy a genuine P4P clash is sometimes not on TV or only on regular sky

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

I'm obviously not saying everyone who goes. But like Darts it's more of a night out for most. The numbers and UK TV PPV events tells you everything. A bang average UK rivalry is PPV worthy a genuine P4P clash is sometimes not on TV or only on regular sky

I’m sorry mate - I’ve got a cob on tonight. There was no need for that reply from me.

• Upvote 1