You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

8 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

But he got the ko, so who gives a fuck. 

Canelo is the man! 

So the fact the judges look like they had dodgy cards doesn't matter. 

I'm taking nothing away from his win, he's a hell of a fighter but the constant judges being his pocket is not a good look. 

What do we all think about this KSI vs Logan Paul fight?

Good for boxing?  Bad for boxing?  Are you interested or not at all?

I personally am really into it.  Are they going to be amazing fighters?  No.  But boxing is about match ups and if 40m+ people want to watch them box, then the demand talks.  If they bring more eyes on boxing, that has to be a good thing to I feel.

Suspect most pure boxing fans will hate it.  Like pure Cricket fans hate the idea of T20, but the finance that brought to cricket saved the sport.  Boxing doesn't need saving, as it's very healthy at the moment.  But increasing the market and getting he next generation into watching it, I think that has to be a good thing.

Just now, Jairzinho said:

It's absolutely fucking shite, just as 20/20 cricket is.

Like 20/20 cricket, thankfully it can be ignored. Also like 20/20 cricket it has very little to do with the sport.

Yes I suspect many hardcore boxing fans will agree with that view.

1 hour ago, LF:D said:

What do we all think about this KSI vs Logan Paul fight?

Good for boxing?  Bad for boxing?  Are you interested or not at all?

I personally am really into it.  Are they going to be amazing fighters?  No.  But boxing is about match ups and if 40m+ people want to watch them box, then the demand talks.  If they bring more eyes on boxing, that has to be a good thing to I feel.

Suspect most pure boxing fans will hate it.  Like pure Cricket fans hate the idea of T20, but the finance that brought to cricket saved the sport.  Boxing doesn't need saving, as it's very healthy at the moment.  But increasing the market and getting he next generation into watching it, I think that has to be a good thing.

I have no idea who either of them are. I saw an article earlier saying one of them needs testing for steroids because he is far bigger and more shredded than he should be. 

It definitely should not be on a proper boxing bill , even worse that its the main event. I'd rather watch repeats of  Shawn Michaels beating Bret Hart in the Survivor Series 1997 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I have no idea who either of them are. I saw an article earlier saying one of them needs testing for steroids because he is far bigger and more shredded than he should be. 

It definitely should not be on a proper boxing bill , even worse that its the main event. I'd rather watch repeats of  Shawn Michaels beating Bret Hart in the Survivor Series 1997 

One of them is huge, but not sure that necessarily means he'll win.

Surprised you've not heard of them, two huge names.

If you like survivor series, surprised you don't like these two as they're more real than that! 

14 minutes ago, LF:D said:

One of them is huge, but not sure that necessarily means he'll win.

Surprised you've not heard of them, two huge names.

If you like survivor series, surprised you don't like these two as they're more real than that! 

Mate I honestly don't know who they are but... I can guarantee you one thing. They are both cunts. 

17 hours ago, cloggypop said:

It's got as much to do with boxing as Celebrity X Factor has to do with music. 

Although it is music & boxing.

Both have been training for ages.  KSI has Mayweathers - it's not like they aren't taking it serious - quite the opposite.  Might not be the highest standard of boxing, but it still has a huge demand & they can box.

17 hours ago, General Dryness said:

"YouTube Celebrities"

Fuck the gloves, give them chainsaws. 

I'd be fully behind this.

17 hours ago, Istvan Kosma said:

Seen the state of Logan on fat Geordie's podcast looking all French....

Yes, looked a muppet.  He thought he looked English.

15 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

There’re no chance of 40 million people watching it.

Yeah probably not.  Both have 20 million subscribers on Youtube.  Not sure how many will watch it.  The first fight got over 1m pay per view subscribers - that's without people watching on youtube etc.

This one is much bigger than that too with Sky etc.

734bf0b4bff67bc7904d22a5ffd989ca.png