You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

I hope he's okay but at least his stupidity hasn't hurt any innocent people.

Yeah that's where I am with these days. 

You hope he's fine but the sympathy isn't really there when it's something like this, luckily nobody innovent seems involved. Things like this why I still have a massive hatred of Naseen Hamed, trying to show off to a new business partner overtook a car on the wrong side of the road doing 90 and hit a VW Golf head on, broke every major bone in the poor guys body, bruising to his brain. And the cunt gets 4 months and serves 16 weeks. Ends up costing him 1ml in damages but fucked that guys life up 

Takes quite a bit for me not to support a Mersey bred fighter, but I really like Ritson as a lad and can’t warm to Davies Jr at all. 

That said, I think Ritson’s limitations will end up with Davies Jr being able to rough him up and take a wide points victory. 

Looking forward to Cheeseman v Fitzgerald too. Can’t stand Cheeseman. Winner gets Fowler next, either of which would be a grudge match. Not sure any of those names cut it at world level though. If I had to pick one it would be Fitzgerald. That includes the 140lbers mentioned earlier too. Davies Jr might, might get into competing at that level with the right path laid in front of him, but I can’t emphasise the “might” enough. Hope Ritson starches him though.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, sir roger said:

All of them guys have limitations and I can't see any getting past European / Commonwealth level.

I fancy Fitzgerald and Ritson for wins myself.

I hope so mate. Just think Ritson had a purple patch at lightweight when he was on his british title streak, but I’m not sure why he’s moved up as he looked fleshy at 135 at times. His physique is mad actually - often looks smaller like with Davies Jr, but comes in heavier. I can’t work out where his weight comes from and I’m really not sure that the power he showed during his run of ko’s at 135 is as legitimate as people thought, and judging from his first 2 fights at 140, he hasn’t added to his dig with the increase in weight.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to back Robbie Davis and Fitzgerald. 

Ritson has not been impressive since he moved up and looks fucked after 5 rounds as he loads up on shots far too much.

Fitzgerald should box the ears off Cheeseman.

I can see both fights going the other way. Two great domestic dust ups though, you really don't need big names for a good card providing the fights are competitive.

• Like 1