You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

On 29/09/2019 at 16:42, Kevin D said:

I couldn't agree more on all points.

Even though he's not the phenom who took Hatton out in 2 rounds, Manny is still an amazing prizefighter. Spence had loads of trouble with the unpredictability, footwork and angles that Porter was giving him and those things are Manny's call cards, mixed with his explosiveness and power, it would be a very long night for Spence if they fought.

My big takeaway from last night was that Porter's ring IQ is sky high. He knew exactly when to feint, to sit off and jab, when to go charging in and when to counter punch. I had him losing 115-112, but only because of that knockdown in round 11. It was a 3 point swing and I had them dead even at that point. Great fight.

Yep, he was great at adjusting the other night and I assume he gets good advice in the corner from his Dad.

I actually think I'd prefer to see Spence vs Pacquiao next. 

Really feel bad for Price already. I can't stand Chisora one bit but the fella can scrap. Price even with a 6 month run-up gasses after 3 rounds. To take this now takes serious guts. Hope to god he pulls it off but this could be far more dangerous for him than its worth. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The only thing its done for me is make sure I watch it. Probably wincing throughout. I'd rather Haye to have said he will come back. 

Parker v Chisora was an intriguing fight, as would any of Povetkin/Rivas/Hunter but this is just shit.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Usyk is the funniest character in boxing.

He is a good lad like, but it’s got to the point where he can get filmed eating his dinner and everyone would be buzzing off it. If that was anyone else, that video doesn’t get mentioned. I’ve had more fun watching kettles boil.

Just now, belarus said:

He is a good lad like, but it’s got to the point where he can get filmed eating his dinner and everyone would be buzzing off it. If that was anyone else, that video doesn’t get mentioned. I’ve had more fun watching kettles boil.

He's not funny all the time but the build with Bellew was hilarious, as was the moment he sneaked behind Arum after Lomachenko/Campbell. I also think the fact that he's completely dead behind the eyes makes these moments even funnier. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

He's not funny all the time but the build with Bellew was hilarious, as was the moment he sneaked behind Arum after Lomachenko/Campbell. I also think the fact that he's completely dead behind the eyes makes these moments even funnier. 

Yeah, I agree he’s funny. The old “I am feel” and double kebab stuff was great, but as he is so well liked anything he does is lauded now. I do love him though.

Pricey’s argument at the press conference with kash Ali was my funniest part of this year in the boxing world.

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

Agreed. 

55 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Suspect Chisora will drag some more of that out of him.

“Ye wha’? I thought you was half alright, but you’re not, yerra fucken blert”

Just beautiful in its simplicity. 

• Upvote 1