You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

39 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Yes mate, with this theme music.

We didn’t know we were fucking born.

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Can remember the build up all evening before the rematch, you had interviews with both of them before the fight coverage had even started. 

Simpler times, when the planet wasn't such a cunt ridden craphole.

• Upvote 2

No governing body should be sanctioning a Benn fight

He was also the worst of that era imo. 

Eubank, Watson and Collins all better and that's before you start looking at the yanks and Roy Jones, Mike McCallum. 

Like Naseem he was excitement over being the best. I said for a long time pre Barerra than any of him, Morales, Corales, Floyd would beat him. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

No governing body should be sanctioning a Benn fight

He was also the worst of that era imo. 

Eubank, Watson and Collins all better and that's before you start looking at the yanks and Roy Jones, Mike McCallum. 

Like Naseem he was excitement over being the best. I said for a long time pre Barerra than any of him, Morales, Corales, Floyd would beat him. 

Nah come unstuck as soon as he fought anyone decent for sure but fuck me, his fights were box office. Had a punch like a heavyweight when he landed. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Nigel Benn, 55, will face Sakio Bika in a comeback fight on November 23rd at Resorts World Arena in Birmingham. Benn has not fought since 1996 whilst Bika, 40, had his last bout in 2017.

Pathetic really. 

16 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

What a fight that was! 

Fight of the year, for me. TJ Doheny/Danny Roman, Makuba/Kudrashuv and, in particular, AJ/Ruiz run it close but the sustained exchanges and the way Porter kept adjusting his tactics and Spence kept responding in kind and the murderous body punching means it just shades ahead of those others, in my view.

Did you catch it live, mate?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Fight of the year, for me. TJ Doheny/Danny Roman, Makuba/Kudrashuv and, in particular, AJ/Ruiz run it close but the sustained exchanges and the way Porter kept adjusting his tactics and Spence kept responding in kind and the murderous body punching means it just shades ahead of those others, in my view.

Did you catch it live, mate?

No, mate. I got up at 7am to watch it though. That's as good as I've seen Porter fight. He kept coming forward and kept throwing punches. He used his feet brilliantly at times and fainted a lot to keep Spence off balance.

I think once Spence realised he couldn't do anything to stop Porter closing the distance he just decided to have a dog fight. As you said, the body shots were viscious from Spence. He's so sharp and accurate too, the shots he was throwing from close range were savage. Porter took some great shots and kept coming. 

The shot for the knockdown was a beauty. Short and powerful, right on the chin. Then Porter gets up and takes the fight straight to Spence!

Spence had the cleaner work all night and was the deserved winner, but I had Porter one behind going into the 11th and had him winning the 11th until the knockdown. 

I'd love to see it again, but only after Spence vs Crawford or Spence vs Pacquiao. 

I think Pacquiao can beat Spence.

I couldn't agree more on all points.

Even though he's not the phenom who took Hatton out in 2 rounds, Manny is still an amazing prizefighter. Spence had loads of trouble with the unpredictability, footwork and angles that Porter was giving him and those things are Manny's call cards, mixed with his explosiveness and power, it would be a very long night for Spence if they fought.

My big takeaway from last night was that Porter's ring IQ is sky high. He knew exactly when to feint, to sit off and jab, when to go charging in and when to counter punch. I had him losing 115-112, but only because of that knockdown in round 11. It was a 3 point swing and I had them dead even at that point. Great fight.