You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

Kovalev is an awesome fighter. Let's not get it twisted because Andre Ward beat him. He won their first fight. Don Turner said he's the meanest motherfucker he's ever trained (and he trained Holyfield). Yarde was about 30 seconds away from getting a KO win. For someone with only 11 amateur fights, that's an extraordinary ascent in such a short time.

7 minutes ago, Boss said:

Kovalev is an awesome fighter. Let's not get it twisted because Andre Ward beat him. He won their first fight. Don Turner said he's the meanest motherfucker he's ever trained (and he trained Holyfield). Yarde was about 30 seconds away from getting a KO win. For someone with only 11 amateur fights, that's an extraordinary ascent in such a short time.

Holyfield is a god botherer. Great boxer, all time great but wouldn't class him as mean. Tyson. Now thats mean. 

14 minutes ago, John102 said:

If anyone is after 2 Lomachenko tickets then let me know. I cant make it now.

Gonna try and sell on resale site.

£100 each. Block 113.

Gutted as i was looking forward to seeing it.

I would mate but Boss thinks he is shit, never fought anyone decent and Derry Matthews would web him all over the gaff. 

No seriously if I had the dollar I'd have them off you. 

Someone decent go. @Byrnie

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I would mate but Boss thinks he is shit, never fought anyone decent and Derry Matthews would web him all over the gaff. 

No seriously if I had the dollar I'd have them off you. 

Someone decent go. @Byrnie

Cheers mate. But that's the only weekend in August I couldn't go. I was gutted when they announced it. I was hoping for the 24th.

Whilst obviously not being in the same universe, he’s pretty slick and rapid himself isn’t he, good fundamentals, big height and reach advantage.

Respectable showing against Linares, particularly as his Dad died two weeks before the fight. He’s not soft.

I suspect his main problem will be not having the power to get Loma’s respect and keep him off.

Can see a painful body shot ending Luke.

6 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Whilst obviously not being in the same universe, he’s pretty slick and rapid himself isn’t he, good fundamentals, big height and reach advantage.

Respectable showing against Linares, particularly as his Dad died two weeks before the fight. He’s not soft.

I suspect his main problem will be not having the power to get Loma’s respect and keep him off.

Can see a painful body shot ending Luke.

Two Olympic Gold medalists from the same games competing for world titles. Pretty sure that's never happened before (From the same Olympic year).

2 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

Tyson never faced adversity and won. Holyfield was a tough son of a bitch. He was a juicer, but a much tougher man than Tyson.

Buatsi won't win a world title.

He didn't look great tonight, very robotic. Hype train whilst not off the tracks, it's definitely been rerouted to question mark central.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

He didn't look great tonight, very robotic. Hype train whilst not off the tracks, it's definitely been rerouted to question mark central.

No head movement at all. Deffo looked robotic. I thought he looked a bit ordinary.

• Upvote 1

Atlas said Tyson would hide in between walls to avoid bullies when he was younger - which just goes to show how tough the area Tyson grew up in was, when you've got 190 pound 13 year old kids hiding in walls to avoid an arse kicking.

Holyfield's mother used to beat him with a switch when he misbehaved. He could never hide or run away from it. He aways had to face up to the consequences of his actions. 

When the going got tough, Tyson first looked to cheat, and then failing, looked for a way out. Holyfield never looked for a way out, only a way back in. Holyfield mentally was impregnable.