You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

Amusing comments re Fury's next ' challenge ' on The Athletic

Let me say first something: We have a new Tom Schwarz, and his name is Otto Wallin

What a charmed journey it’s been for heavyweight contender Otto Wallin. His U.S. debut in April ended after one round, a no-contest after an accidental clash of heads with opponent Nick Kisner. His next fight, scheduled for July 12, was called off the day of the fight when the Washington state commission denied a license to Wallin’s opponent, 40-year-old ex-cruiserweight B.J. Flores.

And from that spirited start to 2019, Wallin was summoned for the opportunity of a lifetime — a chance to challenge lineal heavyweight champion Tyson Fury on September 14.

Otto, never, ever let anyone tell you that you haven’t earned this.

• Upvote 1

Away from the Boxing of today , it was said to hear of Pat Dwyers passing a short while back ,I’ve a picture of him with a podgy Marciano in the gym around 1965 , he looks in awe and also he knocked out someone in 17 seconds that included the count so not sure it that’s a record ?

One of many decent fighters from Liverpool through the years.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Away from the Boxing of today , it was said to hear of Pat Dwyers passing a short while back ,I’ve a picture of him with a podgy Marciano in the gym around 1965 , he looks in awe and also he knocked out someone in 17 seconds that included the count so not sure it that’s a record ?

One of many decent fighters from Liverpool through the years.

Yeah a few months back that. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah a few months back that. 

Yes heard when I was up last week, a few years ago I was missed the Former Boxers at the Crown by minutes , I wanted to say hello to Harry Scott , who I used to be at the match with as a kid in the Stands but sadly he died not long after which was a bastard.

• Upvote 1

On 02/08/2019 at 23:24, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

See Saunders has amicably parted company with Warren. Must be a first for someone to leave a contract with him without litigation immediately following.

They’ve cited the fact certain fights remain unavailable to him while with this promotion, so presumably a Hearn match-up through Matchroom and/or DAZN is in the offing.

Unless The Atlantic are putting him on the payroll like they are every fucker else.

Yep, Matchroom and DAZN.

54 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Hearn has got 2 or 3 blatant snides at Warren in with his comments to the press on this.

Reminiscent of Torres when he joined Chelsea.

BJS isn't a big draw anyway, everyone hates the cunt. He'll be used for DAZN cards but it's still a sly trick to pull on Warren whose stood by him.

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Big article on The Athletic via ESPN suggesting that Prograis has dipped out on the WBSS final with Josh Taylor over unpaid guaranteed monies & is suing the organisers over loss of earnings.

Yeah that was going around the boxing forum's at the weekend. Shame as that was a genuinely great match up, a real 50-50. 

I love the WBSS concept and it's a shame it's not got the financial backing it needs.