You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

35 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Whyte doesn't want the AJ rematch. He viewed Wilder as the easier opponent a d wanted to wait it and and imo him and Hearn where hoping Wilder would vacate or get beat by Ortiz and then make the Ortiz vs Whyte fight in the UK with the winner fighting Joshua. 

Before Ruiz Whyte rocked Joshua better than anyone has. Ok the Klitschko fight aside but thats expected. Whyte v Ruiz would be a proper brawl. 

It's a shite era for heavyweights 

Everyone of them is limited as fuck

Fury can't punch

Wilder can't box

Whyte, Parker, Ruiz limited as fuck

Joshua blows out his arse after 4,no head movement

It's fucking terrible. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lee909 said:

It's a shite era for heavyweights 

Everyone of them is limited as fuck

Fury can't punch

Wilder can't box

Whyte, Parker, Ruiz limited as fuck

Joshua blows out his arse after 4,no head movement

It's fucking terrible. 

Shite standard compared to years gone by but it least it’s interesting again after the ten years of Wlad knocking over little fat fellas. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Shite standard compared to years gone by but it least it’s interesting again after the ten years of Wlad knocking over little fat fellas. 

Yep. Standard isn't great but at least its more competitive than it has been. 

If Fury wasn't so funny it would be a load of arse. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Whyte doesn't want the AJ rematch. He viewed Wilder as the easier opponent a d wanted to wait it and and imo him and Hearn where hoping Wilder would vacate or get beat by Ortiz and then make the Ortiz vs Whyte fight in the UK with the winner fighting Joshua. 

Of course, he does.  No idea why you'd think he wouldn't fight a limited boxer he's already rocked when injured.  Agree to the drug testing/pay him decent money instead of undervaluing him, and he'd fight.

Hearn obviously didn't want the fight.

All this money talk leaves me cold, but I can understand why Whyte would refuse poor terms even if it is a good opportunity against Joshua. It wouldn't just have ramifications for that fight but to accept them allows Hearn to fuck him over financially in the future regardless of the result. 

Just have a royal rumble and at least we'd know who is best! 

10 hours ago, sir roger said:

Sometimes in boxing you need to take a chance when you are the contender  , and for £5m he should have snapped their hand off rather than moan about not getting any opportunities. 

Rocky fought drago for nothing. In Russia. At Christmas. And he was the champion. Too picky these guys

• Upvote 2

I thought a big part of why Whyte turned it down was the terms and not the actual amount of money?

No say in details about the rematch if he beat Joshua. AJ would get more money and be the A side in a rematch too. I'm pretty sure if AJ won a rematch, there was no guarantee for a rematch for Whyte. He'd be unified champ bowing to a contender.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, General Dryness said:

I'd let any of them batter me for 100k.

You could get a decent wheelchair for that, plus private medical care. 

6 hours ago, John102 said:

I know what you mean. The best night of boxing i have had was watching Bradley Skeet at the York Hall against some bum.

I've never been to the York Hall but everyone says it's a great venue.