You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Eddie will have cast iron rematch clause,in London with a totally bought ref and judge crew

LOL he literally just said that.  Well not the part about the bought ref but we can infer.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just watched this on Catch up.......can't believe that AJ was stopped by that fat cunt. If I wasn't sceptic I'd say that the rematch clause was to sell it to the daft yank cunts a second time= second pay day for all concerned. 

Just woke up; wasn’t expecting to see that headline! Although my next thought was “if there had to be one, thank fuck that was the big sporting upset of the day”.

Sounds like Joshua got taken apart - it’s right to talk about the magnitude of the loss. Okay so he’s set for life anyway but in terms of prestige this annihilates him. He can’t now realistic ask for anything close to 50% if the purse against Wilder or Fury, let alone the lion’s share he wanted. It also completely shreds his mystique and that can make him more vulnerable in future.

Wow. Well, I suppose the rematch comes first - I’m not sure I’d take it immediately given that he wasn’t just out of shape poleaxed by a single shot ala Lennox Lewis against Rahman - he should rebuild over time as Lewis did after his first loss (which, again, was a single shot, not being bounced around several times) but he’s clearly too much of a cash-cow for that. Either way, lose to Ruiz again and he’s completely finished as a top level heavyweight.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Just woke up; 

And decided to post on here rather than on our great teams achievement on winning big ears for a sixth time. 

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’ve posted on that loads last night and will continue to over the next however many days, weeks, months and so on. Fuck off!

You hardly posted after the final whistle. make of that what you will......I have. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Fucking hell, what a weekend of sport. Number 6 for the redmen and the AJ Wankathon derailed.

Utopia.

It was a bit weird when you look at the sate of the fat cunt who beat AJ, plus the stoppage was all a bit pre meditated imo. Not that I'm particulary bothered like. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I think he has more about him than Bruno ever had. I honestly think this was no more than a money move. AJ losing opens up all kinds of fights. At the end of the day it's all about selling fights these days and less about the actual boxers capabilities, in the heavyweight division anyway. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

I think he has more about him than Bruno ever had. I honestly think this was no more than a money move. AJ losing opens up all kinds of fights. At the end of the day it's all about selling fights these days and less about the actual boxers capabilities, in the heavyweight division anyway. 

Are you suggesting he threw the fight because losing opens up more fights than winning? Not sure how that works.

Fully willing to agree to disagree on this one. He was overhyped, overconfident, and got knocked on his arse. 

• Upvote 4

That double punch El Hefty uncorked with about 12 seconds of Round 3 left was fucking glorious.

Joshua is vulnerable when emptying the tank to finish someone, I remember against Klitschko it wasn’t just when he got put over at the start of I think 6, it was after he put Wladimir over in 5 and tried to finish him..he just oddly gassed totally without receiving any punishment. As in looked like he was struggling to stand up tired.

Similar thing tonight by the looks of it, the way he was counted out. Almost had a David Price look of tiredness about him at the end there. Thats the big Bruno comparison for me. Suspect those incredible muscles go from great strength to weakness at times in draining the oxygen tank.

The balls to go for a knockout of your own when you’re hurt and Joshua is throwing punches that could decapitate a man has to be given full props. Shipped a couple of heavy heavy punches after getting off the canvas but just snipered big Antny, Antny, Antny, Antny, Antny, Antny, Antny, hirrim Antny.

Hearn’s face contemplating the fiscal impact of a chubby Mexican softening his cash cow up ready to put it in a baguette is the other side of a beautiful coin to watching Kloppo finally get his just rewards last night.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
13 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Are you suggesting he threw the fight because losing opens up more fights than winning? Not sure how that works.

Fully willing to agree to disagree on this one. He was overhyped, overconfident, and got knocked on his arse. 

If you think about it away from capability/if you like him or not. Losing actually does open up the opponents he can fight against in the future. 

Do I think he's a great heavyweight? No. He's decent though. But nowhere near the likes of Lewis, Tyson or Hollyfeild. he's fucking way better than Bruno though. 

Guest Alex_K

It has been said on here before. Fury is the more talented British boxer of the two. Less power but better otherwise in every department. Joshua doesn't beat him. 

2 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Hearn’s face contemplating the fiscal impact of a chubby Mexican softening his cash cow up ready to put it in a baguette is the other side of a beautiful coin to watching Kloppo finally get his just rewards last night.

To add to the mood, Ruiz is someone who has a picture of a Snickers bar as the header of his (non-blue ticked) Twitter account.