You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

If that happens it’s ridiculous. So many fights to be made out there. With all the positioning and politics involved with protecting records and maximising profits, they will only happen when someone wants their last big payday or not at all. Shite

31 minutes ago, belarus said:

If that happens it’s ridiculous. So many fights to be made out there. With all the positioning and politics involved with protecting records and maximising profits, they will only happen when someone wants their last big payday or not at all. Shite

If they all fought each other there could be trilogies, which would make insane money but they'd sooner keep ticking over fighting bums for easy money.

Still stand behind what i've been saying for years re: Joshua vs Wilder. Joshua doesn't have the footwork or the defence to evade those type of punches. Unless Joshua has a chin like George Foreman, he's getting stopped, especially on US soil.

9 minutes ago, Boss said:

Still stand behind what i've been saying for years re: Joshua vs Wilder. Joshua doesn't have the footwork or the defence to evade those type of punches. Unless Joshua has a chin like George Foreman, he's getting stopped, especially on US soil.

He's not avoiding a bomb for 12 rounds, Joshua is a great finisher it's generally cumulative punches not the one shot.

I was at the Taylor fight, last night. It was like late January/early February all over again, in terms of possibility and panic attack.

I lost my voice in 6th imploring Josh not to trade on the inside with him, which was about 10 seconds before Taylor was rocked and 45 seconds before Taylor dropped him on a counter right inside.

No need to fight as aggressively as he did last night, but that "I can box, but prefer to fight" Erik Moralesque blood flows through his vains.

12 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I was at the Taylor fight, last night. It was like late January/early February all over again, in terms of possibility and panic attack.

I lost my voice in 6th imploring Josh not to trade on the inside with him, which was about 10 seconds before Taylor was rocked and 45 seconds before Taylor dropped him on a counter right inside.

No need to fight as aggressively as he did last night, but that "I can box, but prefer to fight" Erik Moralesque blood flows through his vains.

He really doesn't need to trade with his opponents as he can outclass them but as you say he loves a scrap at times, which could be his downfall at some point but he's a special talent.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I'd favour Wilder to beat Joshua slightly, I'd favour Joshua to beat Fury slightly and Fury to beat Wilder slightly.

Triangle effect in full swing 

So to sum up... 

Wilder > Joshua 

Joshua > Fury 

Fury > Wilder 

Where is Fury to Joshua? 

33 minutes ago, Elite said:

He really doesn't need to trade with his opponents as he can outclass them but as you say he loves a scrap at times, which could be his downfall at some point but he's a special talent.

He's excellent on the inside, don't get me wrong. His footwork, his timing, his bodywork, his uppercut are all Lomaesque, but it just makes me so nervous because he can easily win a 12-0 UD if he wants to box, instead of giving the other guy his best opportunity.

The fight with Prograis in the final will be one for the ages . Genuine 50/50 fight to see who the man is. 

I cannot praise the WBSS enough. It is the single best thing to happen to boxing since Morales and Barrera signed to fight each other. It's what this sport should be at all times.

The idea, for example that we could have spanked Barca, then refused to play in the final unless our demands were met would be outrageous to any sports fan but that's heavyweight boxing.

• Upvote 2

Taylor is my favourite British boxer. I really hope he can do the business against Prograis but he'll need to box smart. I also think the Postal win is overlooked a fair bit, Postal is no joke.

Hopefully they'll make a light-heavyweight tournament next time, plus another division that has people actually willing to fight each other.

I’d slightly favour Joshua against Wilder. Wilder got wobbled by Ortiz and Brezeale scrambled him last night with what didn’t look like a heavy connection. However, that power he carries in his gloves is an equaliser alright.

Although I thought Fury won the first Wilder fight, he’s lost the element of surprise that had Wilder in mental knots and imo, that heavy knockdown in the 12th round has gave Wilder a massive confidence boost for a rematch knowing he could walk right through Fury’s punches without fear to land that right hand in him. I can’t see Fury wanting a rematch in the near future with him.

Fury knows he'll be in for a similar scenario with Joshua, he’s great boxing skills but without the power at this level, I can see Joshua stopping him within 8.

Either way, it’d be great to find out like. 

3 hours ago, Red74 said:

I’d slightly favour Joshua against Wilder. Wilder got wobbled by Ortiz and Brezeale scrambled him last night with what didn’t look like a heavy connection. However, that power he carries in his gloves is an equaliser alright.

Although I thought Fury won the first Wilder fight, he’s lost the element of surprise that had Wilder in mental knots and imo, that heavy knockdown in the 12th round has gave Wilder a massive confidence boost for a rematch knowing he could walk right through Fury’s punches without fear to land that right hand in him. I can’t see Fury wanting a rematch in the near future with him.

Fury knows he'll be in for a similar scenario with Joshua, he’s great boxing skills but without the power at this level, I can see Joshua stopping him within 8.

Either way, it’d be great to find out like. 

I think Fury wins in 12 with ease against Joshua. For all Wilder's faults, he can at least move. 

We'll never see Wilder v Joshua, but as long as the former didn't go into his shell (which I doubt), I think he'd flatten the latter.

I think Eddie will officially announce it next week during the AJ press tour, then I'd imagine the tickets would be going on sale the week after that.

Hearn will have brought Golovkin, Klitschko, Usyk and Loma in successive years to Britain. If I get to see Loma live, it's only decent of me to not slate him as much for a couple of weeks.

• Upvote 1