You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Biggest mismatch since Apollo Drago that. Should never have been sanctioned and everyone involved needs throwing in jail 

He earned his shot to be fair as he was mandatory but that 3rd round was savage. Apparently Campbell Vs Lomachenko is next, I think Campbell will do a bit better but still get stopped midway .

3 hours ago, Elite said:

He earned his shot to be fair as he was mandatory but that 3rd round was savage. Apparently Campbell Vs Lomachenko is next, I think Campbell will do a bit better but still get stopped midway .

Tongue in cheek elite. FFS 

4 hours ago, Elite said:

Loma told Crolla that he broke his right hand, on the KO shot, which might push him back a bit. 

I think the plan is for Loma to annex the IBF strap from Commey and if Campbell picks up the WBC belt, meet for all the marbles somewhere in the UK. Should Hearn manage to bring over Loma for such a fight, it would mean that he's brought over Golovkin, Klitschko, Usyk and Lomachenko is successive years which, yeah, fair play to the cunt.

Hearn's got to realise his Matchroom fighters are pretty much all B and C level with the exception of Joshua. You can't put on fights like Canelo vs Fielding and Lomachenko vs Crolla. It's dangerous and it's not entertaining for the fans.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Boss said:

Hearn's got to realise his Matchroom fighters are pretty much all B and C level with the exception of Joshua. You can't put on fights like Canelo vs Fielding and Lomachenko vs Crolla. It's dangerous and it's not entertaining for the fans.

He's just feeding his UK fighters to fill out his DAZN shows, he doesn't give a fuck about Sky. In fact I bet he hopes they ditch him before his deal runs out so he can get a DAZN subscription service set up in the UK.

Campbell would do better than Crolla but still get stopped in around 8-10 rounds.

36 minutes ago, Boss said:

Agree to a point but both Fielding, Crolla and even Smith knew what they where getting into in fbdm fights and judge the purse worth the risk. So it's works for them all. And Smith and Crolla have been at world level, just shows there's world level then another step up again 

11 hours ago, Boss said:

Don't agree, my man.

They were both top 10 guys at the weight and knew exactly what they were getting themselves in for.

They got life changing money, and there are only so many eastern European bouncers in the world; in 25 years, Rocky will tell every son of a bitch in the sandon that he fought an All time great in the Garden.

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Also, how often do we moan about his fighters boxing absolute shite no one has heard of? Not that I'm defending Hearn! 

If it isn't one of his solid 100 carrot cash cows he doesn't give a fuck about them being fed to the wolves. That's how he makes the cash. Puts his lower level fighters in fights where they are hugely out of their depth, and milks his better fighters (arguably only Joshua now).

2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Don't agree, my man.

They were both top 10 guys at the weight and knew exactly what they were getting themselves in for.

They got life changing money, and there are only so many eastern European bouncers in the world; in 25 years, Rocky will tell every son of a bitch in the sandon that he fought an All time great in the Garden.

It's not like Rocky took a great deal of damage either, a few big body punches knocked the wind out of him and probably left some bruises. Not a bad night out for the lad. 

On 17/04/2019 at 15:01, belarus said:

Might be wrong with this, but doesn’t that go some way towards proving AJ is clean?

I'll believe AJ us clean when he fights for and defends the WBC belt. Their testing is a lot stricter than the other organisations, and does a lot more "out of competition" testing.

From what I can tell the others only test in the run up and directly after fights. If AJ is juicing he will be doing it between fights, then waiting til he pisses clean before signing up for the next one, he won't get away with it with the WBC. 

There's going to be loads of fighters that regularly take PEDs and get away with it for that reason, if there was a high chance of getting caught then they wouldn't even try it, but we're constantly getting positive tests popping up. 

• Upvote 1