You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

De Gale needs to get out of it before somebody parts his from his senses permanently.

He looked gun shy and as awkward as I've seen him and he just didn't have the power to keep Junior off him.

Eubank was content to work for the first and last 30 seconds of each round, which allowed De Gale to hear the final bell.

I wasn't sure how good Eubank would be at 168 before the fight. The answer post-fight is 'good enough to beat De Gale who is finished'. He shouldn't be getting any notions above himself after that fight mind, that was nowhere near World standard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

De Gale needs to get out of it before somebody parts his from his senses permanently.

He looked gun shy and as awkward as I've seen him and he just didn't have the power to keep Junior off him.

Eubank was content to work for the first and last 30 seconds of each round, which allowed De Gale to hear the final bell.

I wasn't sure how good Eubank would be at 168 before the fight. The answer post-fight is 'good enough to beat De Gale who is finished'. He shouldn't be getting any notions above himself after that fight mind, that was nowhere near World standard.

He reckons he's at the top of the tree now, apparently. 

Presumably Canelo, Smith, GGG, et al haven't located this particular tree.

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I stuck my neck on the line in this thread and predicted a Eubank win so it’d probably see me in and around top spot. 

Some things never change. 

Won my first boxing ACCA in ages last night. Good old JR getting it done.

• Upvote 1

Off twitter 

DeGale retirement messages...

George Groves: "You reached the highest level. Congratulations."

Andre Ward: "Congrats champion. You had a great career!"

Badou Jack: "You should be very proud."

Carl Froch: "I would have backed him up & absolutely smashed him to bits."

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2019 at 10:09 PM, Bjornebye said:

Off twitter 

Haha funny Froch at times.

Just now, Ginny said:

This Tony Bellew is an absolute helmet isn’t he 

Haha, yeah he's fucking unbearable. 

Apparently earlier in the week he was begging for privacy, since then he's done a 30minute interview with IFL TV, been on Soccer AM and doing punditry tonight.

On 28/02/2019 at 22:09, Bjornebye said:

Off twitter 

Froch is funny as fuck

Only missed out he would have done it in front of 80k at Wembley

Seeing as CT isn't doing it do you want me to restart the prediction league? 

Going to make it similar 

Should keep people involved if they miss a week. 

7pts correct pick

3pts Correct method

No minus points for wrong pick

No bonus for decision type or round

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Seeing as CT isn't doing it do you want me to restart the prediction league? 

Going to make it similar 

Should keep people involved if they miss a week. 

7pts correct pick

3pts Correct method

No minus points for wrong pick

No bonus for decision type or round

Go for it mate.

Boxing is a funny sport to follow, truly likeable fighters are few and far between. Mostly arrogant delusional, self obsessive types, the exceptions like Canelo and Pacman are drug cheats. One of my favourite fighters was Danny Williams and he lost to the likes of Julius Francis, Audley Harrison and Sinan Samil Sam before he semi retired and became a punching bag for prospects. 

After Ali, Tyson is probably the most popular fighter of all time despite being a rapist psychopath. Are there any fighters that don't have a question mark about either their ability and/or their character? 

6 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Boxing is a funny sport to follow, truly likeable fighters are few and far between. Mostly arrogant delusional, self obsessive types, the exceptions like Canelo and Pacman are drug cheats. One of my favourite fighters was Danny Williams and he lost to the likes of Julius Francis, Audley Harrison and Sinan Samil Sam before he semi retired and became a punching bag for prospects. 

After Ali, Tyson is probably the most popular fighter of all time despite being a rapist psychopath. Are there any fighters that don't have a question mark about either their ability and/or their character? 

Lomachenko

Crawford

Golovkin

Mikey Garcia

Usyk

Most of the Asian fighters

• Upvote 1