Quantcast
Holiday's 2019. - Page 5 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bogman

Holiday's 2019.

3 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Does Majorca count as exotic?

Fucking hell, if only we had an expert on Spain. That’s the one thing the forum is missing. 

5 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Sri Lanka is unreal mate. I’ve been here a week and it’s ranking very highly in my list of countries I love. 

Cheap as fuck. Amazing towns, beaches, food, haven’t hit the inland sights yet. 

Easy and cheap to get around and the people are so friendly. 

It’d be unreal here watching the cricket. 

Sounds good, looking forward to going. Hoping to get there later this year after monsoon season. 

8 hours ago, Remmie said:

How was Montenegro @Section_31@Section_31 or any else? We are going to Budvar tomorrow and staying for a week. 

Stunning mate. We went to Kotor but were only there for a day. Nice shops and some Roman ruins, scenery is amazing, huge bay and large sweeping hills surrounding it, sailing out was breathtakingly. 

Plus everyone is good looking, both men and women, like bladerunner villains, it actually becomes quite intimidating. 

On 03/01/2019 at 15:45, Captain Turdseye said:

Next year (or maybe this year) I’m doing the driving to France/Eurocamp thing I started a thread about last year. 

On 03/01/2019 at 15:47, Hand Shandy said:

Haven't you done that yet?

Lazy twat...

Next year is the perfect time for it. It’ll only be a 72 hour drive each way, what with the new queues to board a ferry. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bogman said:

New York in November. Never been. Really looking forward to this one.

You'll love it. It's everything you'd imagine. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bogman said:

Go to Jimmy's Corner for a drink, right next to Times Square. Fucking brilliant wee pub.

12 minutes ago, Bogman said:

Best city in the world. You'll love it.

Plus, you should get there just before your balls freeze off.

I'm in New York next month then on to San Diego then San Francisco for a weeks walking holiday. I'm imaging New York will be nice and friendly and not too busy, bit like Cornwall out of season.

I liked New York but I absolutely loved Phily. Hard to explain why with anything tangible, it was just the vibe of the place.

If you get a chance, try it out as it’s not too far from NYC.

Reading TheBitch’s posts about Sri Lanka and also chatting to him about it at the cricket, has really made me want to go back (I lived there for 4 years when I was a kid).

2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I liked New York but I absolutely loved Phily. Hard to explain why with anything tangible, it was just the vibe of the place.

If you get a chance, try it out as it’s not too far from NYC.

Shoot any b'ball, mate?

• Upvote 1

Only ever went to Philadelphia Airport and the immigration staff had a bit of a Mississippi Burning vibe. 'Don't talk back to me boy, I'll be with you when I'm ready you limey fuck.' 'Is this you in your passport? doesn't look like you, are you a spy? You need to come with me.'

Slight exaggeration but not much. 

Two weeks coming up (last week September/first week October) so just going to put the tent, land stove and sleeping bag in the car and go to the Badlands and Wyoming and maybe Utah and see the mountains and canyons and then up to the Canadian Rockies.

Hopefully don’t get eaten by a bear in Yellowstone. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Only ever went to Philadelphia Airport and the immigration staff had a bit of a Mississippi Burning vibe. 'Don't talk back to me boy, I'll be with you when I'm ready you limey fuck.' 'Is this you in your passport? doesn't look like you, are you a spy? You need to come with me.'

Slight exaggeration but not much. 

Last time I crossed into US i forgot to remove my sunglasses. Was sternly told to remove them.

I’m just glad I wasn’t shot on sight. 

• Upvote 1

Off to Duseldorf for 3 days next week with work, but it looks like the work element of the trip has now been reduced to about 4 hours. So, I will be mostly watching european football in bars, drinking lovely German lager and having lie-ins.

PS. Don't tell the missus

• Upvote 2