Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bogman

Holiday's 2019.

Recommended Posts

My wife finishes up work 31 Jul 19. We have a wedding to attend in Devon mid August, but basically after that we’re going to spend a few months travelling our way down, eventually to Melbourne, Australia, by 1 Jan 2020 hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off to Melbourne/Sydney tomorrow for 3 weeks. Amsterdam end of Feb and New York, San Diego, LA and San Francisco in October. Oh, and a weekend in Hull in March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, A Red said:

Off to Melbourne/Sydney tomorrow for 3 weeks. Amsterdam end of Feb and New York, San Diego, LA and San Francisco in October. Oh, and a weekend in Hull in March.

 

 

Show off cunt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking of staying in Britain this year. My uncle reckons Flamingo Land is boss for the kids and he always used to take his when they were little. He met David Price there a few years ago but someone left a door open and a stiff breeze blew in and laid Pricey out cold before he could get a picture taken. 

 

Next year (or maybe this year) I’m doing the driving to France/Eurocamp thing I started a thread about last year. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Thinking of staying in Britain this year. My uncle reckons Flamingo Land is boss for the kids and he always used to take his when they were little. He met David Price there a few years ago but someone left a door open and a stiff breeze blew in and laid Pricey out cold before he could get a picture taken. 

 

Next year (or maybe this year) I’m doing the driving to France/Eurocamp thing I started a thread about last year. 

Haven't you done that yet?

 

Lazy twat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hand Shandy said:

Haven't you done that yet?

 

Lazy twat...

 

My missus booked Majorca last year and wouldn’t budge when I tried to argue. It was too hot there for her so she’s now agreed that I get to plan the next one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough.

 

Had a good year holiday-wise in 2018 - a week in Crete in the Easter holiday, a week in Devon in the May half-term, then an epic two and a half week road trip in the summer holidays totalling almost 3,000 miles.

 

The latter entailed driving down through France to go to a friend’s wedding in Spain (between Valencia and Alicante) and then a week camping in France on the way back up, also incorporating a stopover in Andorra and a spectacular drive over the Pyrenees…

 

Finally, a long weekend in Trearddur Bay on Anglesey over the late summer bank holiday.

 

This year isn’t going to be quite so holiday filled, but having found that the drive down to Spain wasn’t too taxing we are currently giving serious consideration to driving down to Croatia for a fortnight’s camping…

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hand Shandy said:

Fair enough.

 

Had a good year holiday-wise in 2018 - a week in Crete in the Easter holiday, a week in Devon in the May half-term, then an epic two and a half week road trip in the summer holidays totalling almost 3,000 miles.

 

The latter entailed driving down through France to go to a friend’s wedding in Spain (between Valencia and Alicante) and then a week camping in France on the way back up, also incorporating a stopover in Andorra and a spectacular drive over the Pyrenees…

 

Finally, a long weekend in Trearddur Bay on Anglesey over the late summer bank holiday.

 

This year isn’t going to be quite so holiday filled, but having found that the drive down to Spain wasn’t too taxing we are currently giving serious consideration to driving down to Croatia for a fortnight’s camping…

That (in bold) sounds amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was.

 

We had two choices coming back up from Spain - the way we'd come (past Valencia and Barcelona along the coast), or over the Pyrenees. No brainer as far as I was concerned...

 

The drive into Andorra was pretty enough, but the drive over the top the next morning was just amazing.

 

Google Maps kept trying to send us through some mile and a half long tunnel instead.

 

Fuck. That.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Hand Shandy said:

 

 

This year isn’t going to be quite so holiday filled, but having found that the drive down to Spain wasn’t too taxing we are currently giving serious consideration to driving down to Croatia for a fortnight’s camping…

Be sure to allow for some time in Slovenia on the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aventus said:

I'm thinking about spending a week in Rhyl, Blackpool is a bit too posh for my tastes. 

Rhyl! yer avant garde miff yer.

 

Give Towyn a whirl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Elite said:

Very surprised no one is going Southport Pontine.

Is that when you give a homeless fella a tenner to throw up on your chips?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Centre Parcs in April, Orlando in May and Portugal in August.  All done in the cheap(ish) as a mate gets discount at CP, we used credit card points for Orlando (been collecting them 7 years and had enough to go Virgin Upper Class) and friends have a place in Portugal.  Another mate of the wife has just bought a place in Ibiza so might get another cheap week if I have enough hols at work.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going camping with some friends in a couple of weeks in Croajingalong National Park.

 

Otherwise got nothing planned. I quite fancy going to Samoa and staying in a Fale on the beach. Anyone ever been?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • Posts

    • Sepp van den Berg (Preston) - Full 90 for Sepp as Preston picked up a point with a 0-0 draw at Birmingham.   Ben Davies (Sheffield United) - Consecutive starts in the League for Ben. Played the full 90 in a 1-0 win against troubled Derby.   Rhys Williams (Swansea City) - Not in the matchday squad as Swansea beat Huddersfield 1-0 at the Liberty Stadium.   Adam Lewis (Livingston) - Started the 3-0 defeat at Hearts. Replaced at halftime.   Anderson Arroyo (CD Mirandes) - Another start at centre-half for Anderson, according to FlashScore anyway. Played the full 90 as Mirandes fell to a 2-1 home defeat against Leganes.   Leighton Clarkson (Blackburn) - An unused sub as Blackburn thrashed Cardiff 5-1 at Ewood Park.   Ben Woodburn (Hearts) - A first full 90 for Ben as Hearts thumped Livingston 3-0.   Sheyi Ojo (Millwall) - Started Millwall's 1-1 draw at Forest. Credited with the assist for Millwall's goal.   Paul Glatzel (Tranmere Rovers) - An unused sub as Tranmere picked up a point at Forest Green.   Luis Longstaff (Queen's Park) - Started on the bench before being introduced in the 74th minute as Queen's Park gained all 3 points at home against Peterhead.
    • Flights from UK arriving in Dalaman now, restaurants and bars are re-opening in Dalyan. Too late for my family to visit. Hopefully the UK world covid police will agree with the WHO that the 3 jabs(Sinovac)Turkey gave us free will be accepted and I'm back for Crimbo.
    • Well vaccine passports don't stop the spread of the virus and people that have natural immunity don't count. Seems like a fucking stupid system to me, especially when some health care workers once classed as heroes are now left without work or money if they don't want a vaccine. So I agree with what she's saying.   See here for the type of madness currently taking place in the US : New York hospitals fire, suspend staff who refuse COVID vaccine
    • Hopefully Coogan will bring a similar gravitas to the role as he did to Tony Wilson in 24 Hour Party People. 
    • Fines are now null and void, fuuuuuuume at the pit must be unbearable. Let's hope the Mosh releases another statement.   In May, the nine clubs who withdrew from the proposal all agreed to pay a combined fine of €15m and to have five per cent of their UEFA competitions revenues withheld for one season, however, following this decision, they will no longer have to pay that fine.
  • new UK casino
  • Topics

×