You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Holiday's 2019.

Bogman

Estonia for a couple days followed by Easter in Ukraine. For my new job I'm doing my training during normal office hours and I'm having to use 9 frigging days holiday just to go away for 11 days. How most people put up with such crap holiday allowance is beyond me. I'll have 6 days left until 2020 but at least I can try to work that around my shift pattern. 

• Upvote 1

The mother in law has paid for us to go to Disney world for two weeks in August. Kids will be 7 and 10.

Not only that, but we're all going on business. Wonderful. First, and likely last, time lording it up and turning left when you get in the plane rather than right. Cannot wait. 

• Upvote 2

On 04/01/2019 at 17:36, Ian Sea said:

Currently living in Delhi, haven’t fully planned my holidays for the year but we’re off to Abu Dhabi, Manila and Kuala Lumpur for 2 and a half weeks from the 15th January. Then thinking Sri Lanka in May, possibly China or Japan in September and hopefully South Africa in December. Will get out to see as much of India as possible throughout the year as well, probably starting with Agra next month. 

Revised to Bali in May and either China or Burma, Loas, Cambodia in September (still undecided). We’re going to Bangkok for Easter  and have got another few long weekends away lined up for later in the year. 

Also off to Agra tomorrow and Jaipur in May. 

• Upvote 2

On 03/04/2019 at 19:55, Rico1304 said:

I’ll be in Vietnam for the game v Huddersfield.  That’ll be an early start then a pissed up transfer to Singapore. 

Vietnam free to air TV has 4 or 5 football channels. There's a good chance you'll be able to watch it - if the 0200 kickoff doesn't put you off.

Where will you be? I spend a lot of time here and would be happy to give you some ideas.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Vietnam free to air TV has 4 or 5 football channels. There's a good chance you'll be able to watch it - if the 0200 kickoff doesn't put you off.

Where will you be? I spend a lot of time here and would be happy to give you some ideas.

Cheers mate. It’s the Friday 8pm kick off so will that be lunchtime?   

Ill check where we are staying, I think it’s going to be an industrial area near to HCM city as we are looking at a factory. For two days. 

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Cheers mate. It’s the Friday 8pm kick off so will that be lunchtime?   

Ill check where we are staying, I think it’s going to be an industrial area near to HCM city as we are looking at a factory. For two days. 

Sorry Rico.

Other way round.

8pm in the UK at the moment is 0200 in Vn.

HCM is the pits. Noisy, dirty and shitty climate. It's only redeeming feature is  Vietnamese women.

Download an app called Grab (like Uber) and go on the back of a grab bike across town to see why Vietnamese drivers are the worst in the world. Great fun.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Considerably more work opportunities though. Chance to save a bit.

What is the weather likely to be like when you go?

Shouldn't be too bad hopefuly as late June, early July. Temperatures should be in the 20's, could get some rain of course.

19 hours ago, Ian Sea said:

Revised to Bali in May and either China or Burma, Loas, Cambodia in September (still undecided). We’re going to Bangkok for Easter  and have got another few long weekends away lined up for later in the year. 

Also off to Agra tomorrow and Jaipur in May. 

Sri Lanka is unreal mate. I’ve been here a week and it’s ranking very highly in my list of countries I love. 

Cheap as fuck. Amazing towns, beaches, food, haven’t hit the inland sights yet. 

Easy and cheap to get around and the people are so friendly. 

It’d be unreal here watching the cricket. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Sorry Rico.

Other way round.

8pm in the UK at the moment is 0200 in Vn.

HCM is the pits. Noisy, dirty and shitty climate. It's only redeeming feature is  Vietnamese women.

Download an app called Grab (like Uber) and go on the back of a grab bike across town to see why Vietnamese drivers are the worst in the world. Great fun.

Right, I’m staying at the Renaissance in HCM. That’s about as much as I know.