You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Holiday's 2019.

Bogman

Thinking of staying in Britain this year. My uncle reckons Flamingo Land is boss for the kids and he always used to take his when they were little. He met David Price there a few years ago but someone left a door open and a stiff breeze blew in and laid Pricey out cold before he could get a picture taken. 

Next year (or maybe this year) I’m doing the driving to France/Eurocamp thing I started a thread about last year. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Thinking of staying in Britain this year. My uncle reckons Flamingo Land is boss for the kids and he always used to take his when they were little. He met David Price there a few years ago but someone left a door open and a stiff breeze blew in and laid Pricey out cold before he could get a picture taken. 

Next year (or maybe this year) I’m doing the driving to France/Eurocamp thing I started a thread about last year. 

Haven't you done that yet?

Lazy twat...

Fair enough.

Had a good year holiday-wise in 2018 - a week in Crete in the Easter holiday, a week in Devon in the May half-term, then an epic two and a half week road trip in the summer holidays totalling almost 3,000 miles.

The latter entailed driving down through France to go to a friend’s wedding in Spain (between Valencia and Alicante) and then a week camping in France on the way back up, also incorporating a stopover in Andorra and a spectacular drive over the Pyrenees…

Finally, a long weekend in Trearddur Bay on Anglesey over the late summer bank holiday.

This year isn’t going to be quite so holiday filled, but having found that the drive down to Spain wasn’t too taxing we are currently giving serious consideration to driving down to Croatia for a fortnight’s camping…

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hand Shandy said:

Fair enough.

Had a good year holiday-wise in 2018 - a week in Crete in the Easter holiday, a week in Devon in the May half-term, then an epic two and a half week road trip in the summer holidays totalling almost 3,000 miles.

The latter entailed driving down through France to go to a friend’s wedding in Spain (between Valencia and Alicante) and then a week camping in France on the way back up, also incorporating a stopover in Andorra and a spectacular drive over the Pyrenees…

Finally, a long weekend in Trearddur Bay on Anglesey over the late summer bank holiday.

This year isn’t going to be quite so holiday filled, but having found that the drive down to Spain wasn’t too taxing we are currently giving serious consideration to driving down to Croatia for a fortnight’s camping…

That (in bold) sounds amazing.

It was.

We had two choices coming back up from Spain - the way we'd come (past Valencia and Barcelona along the coast), or over the Pyrenees. No brainer as far as I was concerned...

The drive into Andorra was pretty enough, but the drive over the top the next morning was just amazing.

Google Maps kept trying to send us through some mile and a half long tunnel instead.

Fuck. That.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Hand Shandy said:

Be sure to allow for some time in Slovenia on the way

Centre Parcs in April, Orlando in May and Portugal in August.  All done in the cheap(ish) as a mate gets discount at CP, we used credit card points for Orlando (been collecting them 7 years and had enough to go Virgin Upper Class) and friends have a place in Portugal.  Another mate of the wife has just bought a place in Ibiza so might get another cheap week if I have enough hols at work.  

• Upvote 1