You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Negative cunts

Kevin D

52 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Anyone who is cautiously optimistic that this is the season we become champions but knows that the job is far from done is not a negative cunt. They have learned from the past that don't count your chickens until they are hatched. That's the attitude from Klopp so that's the attitude we should go with too.

Nice to be top of the table though, it hasn't happened nearly enough since 1990.

Perfectly put. While I don’t think everyone needs to adopt it, I don’t see why people should be slated for seeing it that way.

I think if city beat us Thursday then city will win the league but if we beat city.. city will still win the league. Im just gonna enjoy us being good and where it takes us it takes us and so be it, I'll leave the overt optimism to those it's natural too.

Like the anfield wrap Christ we win a throw in and it's the greatest throw in since that Ferguson team. 

12 minutes ago, Luckyhillkop said:

Avoid defeat against City and we'll be the favorite to win the league. Right now City is still the favorite. 

I’m still not sure we can reasonably be considered favourites even with a (massively unlikely) win on Thursday.

City are prohibitive favourites if they win. It’s a four point gap against a team they’ve just beaten - they’ll have their aura back and the rest of the league will capitulate, whereas we’ll have been shown up as a good side that was formerly on a decent streak - that’s a massive psychological difference in how willing opposition teams will be to give it a real go. I doubt City will do much worse than draw another game or two for the remainder of the season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skaro said:

17-3-1 and we will have been shown up?

17-3 is only a decent streak?

It’s all about perception. City have an aura because they’ve won the league and Guardiola is viewed as a sort of footballing god due to his time at Barca and, in recent years, the amount of money he has at his disposal. That’s why teams were falling over themselves to ship a hatful and assist in their coronation until the Owl’s parliament accidentally upset them.

18 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s all about perception. City have an aura because they’ve won the league and Guardiola is viewed as a sort of footballing god due to his time at Barca and, in recent years, the amount of money he has at his disposal. That’s why teams were falling over themselves to ship a hatful and assist in their coronation until the Owl’s parliament accidentally upset them.

And we've accidentally won 17 games and drawn 3. 

2nd half of the season will see some shock results.

For example as teams fight for lives at bottom there is always a team who puts a run together down there and digs themselves out and one of the results in that run might be a draw or a win v one of the title challengers.

Pressure of course does funny things too.

I am calling it now - 95 pts will win the league.

As it stands that means:

It is a case of us finding 41 more pts from 54 available.

That gets us 95.

Spurs would need 51 out of 54 available to beat that.....they won't get that.

City would need 48 out of 54 available to level it.....i'd say that even for them is unlikely.

So 41 pts from 54 for us IMO wins title - not easy, not easy at all....but certainly not the almost perfect record it felt like we needed a month ago 

IMO if anyone gets to 95 pts they win this league.

• Upvote 2

If we falter, or suffer injuries to key players or even slip over on our asses and have to bear more merciless taunts from the jackals and sour twats, don't give a fuck, just be proud of this team and what Klopp has brought to our club. It's immeasurable. It's beyond any silverware or breaking records. We have gained something much bigger. In the recent past it's been chaotic and it didn't always feel good. I wouldn't say we lost our soul but we lost something, it was worrying for a while because many seemed to lose interest and the connection seemed frayed but now we have it back. It's really back and it's as strong as ever. The excitement is palpable. Top of the fucking league and by a nice margin with ridiculous goal difference and trying to remain unbeaten after 20 games!

If we do City then it's business as usual for the red machine and our momentum may just be unstoppable and could carry us over but if it does so happen that we lose, be it to City or any other team in the next 18 games, then I won't lose heart. Yes it will really sting that we finally got beaten but the bigger picture promises huge reward. I will wager that if we do suffer a defeat we will come back tougher and stronger, more grizzled and ready for the hard games that will follow. The difference these days is that we really believe in this team and they really believe in Klopp and he feeds off us and it's a super powerful circle of winning. I think it's totally possible that we could battle our way through the 18 games remaining and go unbeaten. Why the fuck not? We are only limited by our lack of imagination and fear of ambition and in this manager and this team there are no such limitations and you really get the feeling that we could be on the cusp of something truly awesome.

It certainly feels that way when you watch the football we play and not just our incredible work-rate and attacking, but the rock-solid defence. This is why Klopp is already a legend. Buying Van Dyke made all the difference. It's fully on record that I was moaning and complaining when we weren't spending the money previously because sometimes you have to spend big to get the real foundations and Klopp nailed it in those key areas with World Class players. Point is, he has succeeded when he has spent big and also been canny enough to get the bargains like Robbo as well. (fuck you The Guest you twat x)

If you are lucky enough to be at the game, please just do go absolutely fucking mental with your support. Just go completely all out ( do it for me and the other cunts who never get to go ) because you are fortunate enough to be witnessing something truly incredible. This is Klopp's time. His teams are layered like the paint on the canvas of a Raphael masterpiece, his players are the characters driving the renaissance and guiding us out of the chaos of the past. Klopp is delivering a highly performant and reliable team that just happens to play beautiful football. He's building the platform for the sustained success that we have been craving. Witness his genius while you can. Enjoy the footy and keep believing. We can do this. 18 games. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Perception and that aura count for fuck all when an opposition's 11 players decide they're going to have a right fucking go like Palace and Leicester did against City.  City's defence has been found wanting, and ours hasn't.  That's been the difference.  Barring injuries or suspension I don't see our defence falling apart over the second half of the season either, and historically we do kick into a higher gear after the Christmas break.  I do see more teams being prepared to test that suspect City defence though.

We're frontrunners if not favourites, it's in our own hands which is more than most of us dreamed would be possible at this point in the season.  Sure we're going to drop points and probably lose along the way, but I reckon City will too, hopefully on Thursday.  We certainly won't be lying down for the cunts.

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

If we falter, or suffer injuries to key players or even slip over on our asses and have to bear more merciless taunts from the jackals and sour twats, don't give a fuck, just be proud of this team and what Klopp has brought to our club. It's immeasurable. It's beyond any silverware or breaking records. We have gained something much bigger. In the recent past it's been chaotic and it didn't always feel good. I wouldn't say we lost our soul but we lost something, it was worrying for a while because many seemed to lose interest and the connection seemed frayed but now we have it back. It's really back and it's as strong as ever. The excitement is palpable. Top of the fucking league and by a nice margin with ridiculous goal difference and trying to remain unbeaten after 20 games!

If we do City then it's business as usual for the red machine and our momentum may just be unstoppable and could carry us over but if it does so happen that we lose, be it to City or any other team in the next 18 games, then I won't lose heart. Yes it will really sting that we finally got beaten but the bigger picture promises huge reward. I will wager that if we do suffer a defeat we will come back tougher and stronger, more grizzled and ready for the hard games that will follow. The difference these days is that we really believe in this team and they really believe in Klopp and he feeds off us and it's a super powerful circle of winning. I think it's totally possible that we could battle our way through the 18 games remaining and go unbeaten. Why the fuck not? We are only limited by our lack of imagination and fear of ambition and in this manager and this team there are no such limitations and you really get the feeling that we could be on the cusp of something truly awesome.

It certainly feels that way when you watch the football we play and not just our incredible work-rate and attacking, but the rock-solid defence. This is why Klopp is already a legend. Buying Van Dyke made all the difference. It's fully on record that I was moaning and complaining when we weren't spending the money previously because sometimes you have to spend big to get the real foundations and Klopp nailed it in those key areas with World Class players. Point is, he has succeeded when he has spent big and also been canny enough to get the bargains like Robbo as well. (fuck you The Guest you twat x)

If you are lucky enough to be at the game, please just do go absolutely fucking mental with your support. Just go completely all out ( do it for me and the other cunts who never get to go ) because you are fortunate enough to be witnessing something truly incredible. This is Klopp's time. His teams are layered like the paint on the canvas of a Raphael masterpiece, his players are the characters driving the renaissance and guiding us out of the chaos of the past. Klopp is delivering a highly performant and reliable team that just happens to play beautiful football. He's building the platform for the sustained success that we have been craving. Witness his genius while you can. Enjoy the footy and keep believing. We can do this. 18 games. 

Repped for "performant".

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’m still not sure we can reasonably be considered favourites even with a (massively unlikely) win on Thursday.

City are prohibitive favourites if they win. It’s a four point gap against a team they’ve just beaten - they’ll have their aura back and the rest of the league will capitulate, whereas we’ll have been shown up as a good side that was formerly on a decent streak - that’s a massive psychological difference in how willing opposition teams will be to give it a real go. I doubt City will do much worse than draw another game or two for the remainder of the season.

If we beat City and not win the league, I don't think we'll win it ever. 10 points difference means we could afford to lose vs Utd at OT and Chelsea & Spurs at home, and this is with City winning all their remaining matches. But of course, I'm shitting my pants as I'm typing this. Like many others have said, we've been burned badly before.

We're don't let this slip!