You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Negative cunts

Kevin D

As of today we are 10 points clear of the champions.

Anybody who supports the club has now got to seriously believe that the most likely outcome with 20 games played is that we will be champions.

However, there is a contort of us who must surely believe this is not real life. At some point Lucy will pull the football away and we'll be on our arse, again. 

That is what the footballing God's have done to us since Istanbul, and rather than bring everyone down, we should have our own thread to be negative, pessimistic and cautious.

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I still think we're joint second favourites with Spurs - City will be only four points behind after they, in all likelihood, beat us on Thursday and it’s very difficult to see them failing to make up that sort of gap over the course of 17 games. Beat them and it’s 50-50.

Right now with the way things stand, we are the last side that City want to be facing in the next few days.

They know full well we won't fall for that flat track bully crap and wilt before a ball is kicked, and now the front 3 are finding their groove again Guardiola will be rightly apprehensive about what will happen to his somewhat shaky defence.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Right now with the way things stand, we are the last side that City want to be facing in the next few days.

They know full well we won't fall for that flat track bully crap and wilt before a ball is kicked, and now the front 3 are finding their groove again Guardiola will be rightly apprehensive about what will happen to his somewhat shaky defence.

Hopefully they will have another show on Amazon where Guardiola would now be crying at the thought of facing our front three when he needs to be preparing for Everton

12 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I'm 38. I was 10 when we last won the league. Not winning has become the norm and I won't believe we've won it til we are 9 points clear  with two games left.

What about 8 points clear with two to play? Or even a mere 7? Would you believe then?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Paul said:

What about 8 points clear with two to play? Or even a mere 7? Would you believe then?

The Bloos will have made so many petitions looking for points to be taken off Liverpool, I'd be worried someone in authority will cave in just for some peace and quiet.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, scudger99 said:

Wrong thread. Take your happy clappy superfan bullshit somewhere else.

(I'll meet you there, too many fucking losers with no balls in here) 

• Upvote 3

I like the rest of us no doubt would be so fucking unbelievably made up it is hard to put it into words if we did it. Champions again after nearly 30 years and all that that means. It is hard to imagine it without becoming emotional.

I am a natural pessimist and I admit that - I am just trying to not think about it and just enjoy watching this team do what they are doing and as it stands they are doing incredibly well and sit at the top of a league that has brilliant teams below them.

But as much as can be enjoying ride, if it ends in soul destroying gut wrenching pain again fuck me it would be a sickener....so it is a defence mechanism to not think about it.

As we all know we've had the kick in the bollocks so many times in recent years....2nd half in Basel....pens v city at wembley...Gerrards slip....Karius in Kiev.

And of course other sickeners in a nearly 30 year title drought....

Does this team potentially look different? Is this the best chance we have had in ages? Is there a calmness and ruthlessneess about them? - Yes, but it is too early and for me too much to start thinking about us finally getting our hands back on the title...call me miserable, but it is a defence mechanism for me.

All i am saying is i'm trying to block it out until its in sight then if we get over the line enjoy it like no ones frigging business.

Even if we don't do it the boys deserve massive credit, but first is first, second is nowhere and we all want that title not yet another kick in the bollocks.

*Something about 1 game at a time*

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, dave u said:

Wrong thread. Take your happy clappy superfan bullshit somewhere else.

(I'll meet you there, too many fucking losers with no balls in here) 

Because bollocks swinging has always worked out so well in the past....

• Upvote 1

I think we're going to win the league now.  We're just becoming too strong for nearly every other team to beat.  Get a result out of City and I trust Klopp to steer the ship home. 

(Feel free to come back and neg the shit out of this post if I'm wrong)

Been waiting for us to slip up for weeks, and we haven’t, but it will. And when it does our arses will twitch like fuck. It’s how we handle that. I’m still doubtful because we’ve been kicked in the bollocks that many times. I’ll always look at our next few fixtures and think ‘fuck, that’s gonna be hard’ And yet, we keep on going. It’s fucking brilliant. Roll on City. Win that and I really will start believing. Because at the moment it just doesn’t seem real. This City side are really special and yet we’re 10 points ahead of them! Unbelievable Jeff. Come on Soton.

Anyone who is cautiously optimistic that this is the season we become champions but knows that the job is far from done is not a negative cunt. They have learned from the past that don't count your chickens until they are hatched. That's the attitude from Klopp so that's the attitude we should go with too.

Nice to be top of the table though, it hasn't happened nearly enough since 1990.