You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (a) 3/1/2019

Bjornebye

25 minutes ago, Mark M said:

I’ll be honest I want all our concentration on the league and the FA cup can fuck right off

I agree I want the league much much more than the cup, I just worry if we were to have 2 losses in a row it could de-rail us somewhat

Lets put it into perspective - We have played 21 games including our nearest runner both home and away and are leading the league by 4 points. Sure we haven't won the league at Xmas etc, but not one of us would ever have dreamt to be in this position.

We are a good team. We may not win the league, but we'll give City a good run for it.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

Except it wasn't, a win here was always going to be very difficult to get. Disappointing we didn't get a point but with their quality a defeat is hardly a shock.

And given that we're 4 points ahead in 1st and this is our only defeat so far, I think you could reasonably say we are still the favourites.

If we’d have won that game tonight we’d have won the league so I for one am devestated

15 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Fabinho had good couple of games but looked shakey against Arsenal under pressure I thought. Perhaps Klopp thought he’d struggle with the intense pressing City are known for.

I'd probably take a shaky 5-1 win if I'm honest.

• Upvote 1

Just now, suzy said:

I agree I want the league much much more than the cup, I just worry if we were to have 2 losses in a row it could de-rail us somewhat

We've already had four losses in the League Cup and CL.

I don't think our biggest test is going to be this game. We did reasonably well I thought, they were just marginally better than us on the night. The real challenge is going to be how we react to this result.

• Upvote 2

I fucking HATE Guardiola. The man is a whining, entitled, silver spoon pussy. He's football's equivalent of Jacob Rees-Mogg.

It's very easy to 've magnanimous when you've got incredible wealth and you're coasting to big victories every week but his mask slips when he comes under even a little pressure.

At Barca he inherited Rijkaard's team and was in the right place at the right time to benefit from Messi's emergence. Then he goes to Germany, to Bayern, who are head and shoulders already the best team, again rolling in cash.

And now City, the richest oil cunts in the history of football.

Some people have this fortunate fucking shithouse up on a pedestal. Not me, I detest the man, he hasn't got a thousandth of the humility or the class which Jurgen has, nor is he a fraction of the manager.

Fuck off Josep you soft fucking rich boy fucking shithouse bluffing cunt.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 14

Ah well, all good things come to an end but we shouldnt react likes its the end of the world.

I can only reiterate what most have already said in that midfield three should never be our starting midfield especially in a massive game like this, unfortunately it seems to be Klopps go to trio.

The difference when Fabinho came on was stark. An actual midfielder who is comfortable in possession and able to move the ball quickly and  forward looking in his passing. Everything we were missing prior him coming on.

I thought subbing Mane was a terrible decision, it totally unbalanced us and left Robbo having to cover our whole left side on his own.

I thought we played far to conservatively tonight as loss was not the end of the world but a win would and we'd have virtually one hand on the title.

Nevertheless with only 2 more games vs the 'big 6' its still firmly in our own hands as long as we continue taking care of business against the also rans and theirs no reason why we shouldnt.

Disappointing tonight but we shouldnt be despondant, we're in a great position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I fucking HATE Guardiola. The man is a whining, entitled, silver spoon pussy. He's football's equivalent of Jacob Rees-Mogg.

It's very easy to 've magnanimous when you've got incredible wealth and you're coasting to big victories every week but his mask slips when he comes under even a little pressure.

At Barca he inherited Rijkaard's team and was in the right place at the right time to benefit from Messi's emergence. Then he goes to Germany, to Bayern, who are head and shoulders already the best team, again rolling in cash.

Some people have this fortunate fucking shithouse up on a pedestal. Not me, I detest the man, he hasn't got a thousandth of the humility or the class which Jurgen has, nor is he a fraction of the manager.

Outstanding rantage.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

I'd probably take a shaky 5-1 win if I'm honest.

Watch the game again, and try focus on Fabinho for the opening 10 or so minutes. The guys sat around me were screaming at him constantly as he kept giving the ball away.

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

If we’d have won that game tonight we’d have won the league so I for one am devestated

We could still have gone on an awful run of draws and defeats and lost it. Similar things have happened.

I think there's as much reason to assume this result is a death knell to our title ambitions as winning it would have the league done and dusted - absolutely none.

Don’t get me wrong Lovren was bad he was making mistakes all over the place but I’m not going to complain about that because what could Klopp have done about it?  Gomez and Matip are injured and both were starting ahead of him when fit.

He could have and should have dropped him and left him out of the team a long time ago and again done it tonight.  Clyne is a far superior player to him.  I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes but he clearly doesn’t fancy him at all any more.

i don’t even get this he’s a great player waiting to happen stuff either.  I think he can strike the ball (at times) exceptionally well and that is basically it.  He’s not quick enough, he’s not aggressive enough, he’s beyond shit aerially, he struggles to tackle skilful players because he can’t read body shapes and as I’ve said above he just switched off once he’s been beaten and it’s not changing.

4 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Yep, considering they were very fortunate to finish with 11 on the pitch, you'd have thought he'd shake the refs' hands, say thanks and take the 3 points 

Nah, loses his rag instead over a 50-50. Oh how I wished that first one had gone in, his head might have actually exploded. 

• Upvote 1

Sick to my stomach, and haven't got time to read all posts.

Quick summary:

We're as good as City now, genuinely. They have a better midfield, we have a better defence. In attack it's pretty even. Being 4 points in front with over half the season gone, I'll take that. Only Utd left out of the traditionally most difficult away games.

Allison didn't have his best night, 2 shots, 2 goals. Superb finishes, but on a good day he saves both, his distribution seemed off as well, potentially because of the pitch.

Lovren - hopefully Matip and Gomez are ready soon. He just oozes panic doesn't he?

I've said before that I don't want to see Henderson and Milner in midfield together, nothing today to prove me wrong. Milner leggy, and Henderson his usual cowardly self in these games. Wijnaldum our best MF by far, Fabinho did okay when coming on. 

Klopp - has gotten a lot right with his match management the last few months. Today was a bit of a shocker. Keeping Henderson on and taking Mane off, then putting Sturridge on and playing hoofball for last 10 mins. 

Anyway, onwards and let's keep that 1st spot. Tough game coming up against Wolves, would rest Firmino and Salah for that one, possibly VVD, Wij and Robertson too. Hopefully the Wolves players need a break and play a weakened side too.

7 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Don’t get me wrong Lovren was bad he was making mistakes all over the place but I’m not going to complain about that because what could Klopp have done about it?  Gomez and Matip are injured and both were starting ahead of him when fit.

He could have and should have dropped him and left him out of the team a long time ago and again done it tonight.  Clyne is a far superior player to him.  I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes but he clearly doesn’t fancy him at all any more.

i don’t even get this he’s a great player waiting to happen stuff either.  I think he can strike the ball (at times) exceptionally well and that is basically it.  He’s not quick enough, he’s not aggressive enough, he’s beyond shit aerially, he struggles to tackle skilful players because he can’t read body shapes and as I’ve said above he just switched off once he’s been beaten and it’s not changing.

You're insane.

• Upvote 1

If someone had told you we would be 4 points clear and have our first defeat of the season against the second best team in the League at this stage of the season you would have taken it. Yes to go 10 points clear would have been massive, but you don't win or loose the league in January. Its how we bounce back that is key and the pressure is still on Man City as they know one slip and we could go 7 points clear again so we still have that cushion.

Just now, Mathewbet1 said:

If someone had told you we would be 4 points clear and have our first defeat of the season against the second best team in the League at this stage of the season you would have taken it. Yes to go 10 points clear would have been massive, but you don't win or loose the league in January. Its how we bounce back that is key and the pressure is still on Man City as they know one slip and we could go 7 points clear again so we still have that cushion.

They have a relatively easy run of games coming up unfortunately. But the good news is on paper so do we. 

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Two phenomenal finishes by City. Nothing you can do. Yeah, Lovren and Trent could have been tighter, whatever. Again, this game isn't a season definer if we win the games we're supposed to win. 

Good man. Just easily dismiss mistakes and pretend everything is cool. 

• Downvote 1