You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (a) 3/1/2019

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Dean Saunders thoughts on the game...."It's like Haye v Bellew , two great heavyweights who both have the ability at any moment to knock the other one out" 

That's a thinker regarding which pudding you'd want Liverpool to be

Haye/Bellew. ‘Two great heavyweights’. Yeah, brilliant analogy there Dean. 

• Upvote 1

My only real worry is that twat Taylor refereeing. Read the other day that he's been in charge of 47 matches with Manchester-based teams in the PL, while Mike Dean has had 5 in the same period. He's clearly biased against us, and I fear our three token penalties in the last two games will work against us here. I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories, but we've been burnt so many times in the big games in the PL over the years that I'm always sceptical towards the referreing in these matches. I can easily see them getting a match-deciding decision (pen/red card) and the media/fan narrative afterwards being that it evens out over a season (pointing to our penalties in games that were already 90% decided). Aaaarghhhh.

Rant over. I fully expect us to stand our ground in this one, and I can't see us not scoring. I'm a bit worried about Sane vs Lovren/Trent, wish we had Gomez for this one. Hopefully Sane has an off day, and Sterling is his usual self against us. Both teams are really good when they get momentum, so 1st goal is crucial. I'd bite your hand off for a draw right now, but I'd still be optimistic of our title chances with a loss. Avoid injuries and suspensions at all cost!

On 1/1/2019 at 6:42 PM, Creator Supreme said:

There's nothing more boring than being accused of being a blue or a manc or both just because you're a pessimist. If you allow yourself excitement and joy before the job is anywhere near done it just makes you look a bigger cunt when you inevitably fall flat on your face! Remember 5 years ago all it took was one slip by one of the best players we've ever had to end our hopes.

It only takes one needle to burst a balloon!

I have no problem with your pessimism. I am very cautious. However I wanna address this thing about the slip costing us the league. IT DIDN”T! It’s lazy journalists  and rival fans that spout that shit.  

Hendo”s red against City was a major disruption to our consistency. The tactics against City and Palace are equally to blame. The tactics employed by the manager against a Chelsea team who came for draw were naive. Also we concede two against Chelsea. The result at WBA. It goes on.

One slip didn’t cost us the league. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Haye/Bellew. ‘Two great heavyweights’. Yeah, brilliant analogy there Dean. 

The media have to get Everton in on the act somehow. 

13 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I have no problem with your pessimism. I am very cautious. However I wanna address this thing about the slip costing us the league. IT DIDN”T! It’s lazy journalists  and rival fans that spout that shit.  

Hendo”s red against City was a major disruption to our consistency. The tactics against City and Palace are equally to blame. The tactics employed by the manager against a Chelsea team who came for draw were naive. Also we concede two against Chelsea. The result at WBA. It goes on. One slip didn’t cost us the league. 

Yep.

The decisive result though where it was no longer in our hands after it was the loss to Chelsea and the slip was pivotal in that result.

Anyway fuck all that - this years race is in our hands right now...lets get a slightly tighter grip on it tonight, redmen.

• Upvote 1

The pressure is all on them tonight. We will probably face an onslaught early doors. If we weather that we have an excellent chance of getting a result. 

They are formidable at home though. They have also being creating a lot of chances that they have failed to take lately. But, they can definitely be got at at the back and we have the perfect players and manager to get us some joy.

Really looking forward to it. I love the nervous excitement of big games, isn't it great to be involved!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The worst case scenario is we end the day only four points clear at the top of the table.

Drink that in for a moment.

The only problem with that is City will only be four points behind at that stage. I'm looking forward to it, certainly won't be a comfortable match but to be the best you got to beat the best.

Draw is worth a seven point lead. Victory is a ten point lead. A ten point lead is still catchable but it's a lot harder than a four point lead.

Klopp has got his tactics spot on this season, I hope there will be no difference tonight.

18 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

An away win would be amazing, as would a draw, really. A defeat wouldn’t be terrible, proving it isn’t a hiding. I’ll be watching Emmerdale and old Easties on UKTV Play. Got the Dempsey and Makepeace DVD boxset for Christmas, too.

I fancy a score draw between Emmerdale and Easties.