You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (a) 3/1/2019

Bjornebye

31 minutes ago, aRdja said:

We really could’ve done with someone like that in midfield last night.

A centre half who doesn't play like he has wasps in his shorts would have been more beneficial imo.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Hades said:

Anyone else in a really shit mood since the game? Like reality just crashed the party.

Yeah, I’m sulking over losing a game like I’ve not done for years. Suppose it’s a good thing, we’re not used to losing now, so it hurts more. But I’m in a fucking bad mood. Might swerve overtime in work tonight too, all the crowing Mancs and Blueshite. 

16 hours ago, aRdja said:

I think he was going apeshit at everyone of them. They all had two goes each, and he didn’t get one decent ball.

Nah, that was at Lovren, who instead of spreading the ball wide to the fullback for an angled cross, decided it was better to hoof it out of play with no angle on it at all.

41 minutes ago, Hades said:

Anyone else in a really shit mood since the game? Like reality just crashed the party.

Yes! I've been absolutely gutted since the result...usually I'm alright after I've slept on it but I still feel dejected. Pisses me off.

16 hours ago, The Guest said:

Trent is inherently lazy.  His autopilot is to stop and watch.  He does it all the time and I can’t believe nobody picks up on it.  He’s also slow as fuck which isn’t great for a full back especially at that age because he’s not going to get quicker.

Lazy, no, but he might have some of VVD's nonchalance. That suits the big man better at the moment, but is something he's been criticised heavily for during his career. I love it though, wish more of our players (Hendo, Lovren) looked as comfortable.

The wrongness in claiming Trent is "slow as fuck" must be some kind of record on here though!!! I'd argue only Walker is quicker among the right full backs in the league (Gomez too perhaps). EVERYONE going up against Sane will fall short in that regard.

15 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Mental that Wijnaldum and Kompany receive the same punishment for those two "challenges".

Said so to my Spurs' supporting mate at half time. One's not a yellow, and arguably not even a foul, while the other is way worse than the one "everyone" wanted VVD sent off for against Napoli. The only reason Salah has his feet intact today is that he jumps 30 cm from the ground, Kompany still catches his foot! Unbelievable.

I warned about him before the game, and in my mind there's no doubt Taylor is biased against us. Look at the delight he takes in showing Lovren the yellow, it's up from his pocket instantly, while there's much more hesitation to book the City players. I actually think he needed the linesman's help in that regard with both Laporte's and Kompany's bookings. There was another incident too when one of our players were hacked down, and he wasn't even going to give a free kick in the 1st half. Shocking from him again. And don't even get me started on Fernandinho, who comitted 3 clear fouls in the opening 5 minutes, two of them possible yellow cards, and only got a free kick against on the one where he hacked Mane from behind.

The only thing that consoles me today (I can sense my anger building as I'm typing this) is that it was the blag Mancs we were playing. Imagine how shit we'd be feeling today if it was the other Mancs we were fighting....

7 hours ago, Boss said:

Infuriated me that. Gerrard would've played that pass with his eyes closed. He did it in the Champions League final as well. He's too scared to make a mistake. He takes no chances, and that's why he's mentally not cut out for the top level. It's not ability, because he easily had it in his locker to play that ball, it's his mentality.

Agree with the mental part, he's too scared all the time. The only time he crosses the ball is if we've the entire 16-yard box littered with our players. I disagree on the ability part though, he takes too much time telegraphing the passes, and then hits them with too much air under them, which means it'll probably be broken up most of the time (might not have been this time around). He's just a mediocre player with mediocre mentality but supreme dedication to his profession/fitness etc. I've said so time and time again, for all his flaws and attitude problems, we'd be better off keeping Shelvey and selling Henderson, in the sense that he COULD have become a real player for us. Combine the best of their qualities and you would have a great CM, both ultimately too flawed though.

4 hours ago, Trojan1892 said:

Gini, Hendo, Milner - the trusted 3.

City (a) L

PSG (a) L

Red Star (a) L

Napoli (a) L

Chelsea (a) D

Real Madrid (CL Final) L

Roma (a) L

Yeah, complete no-brainer that. Klopp's biggest/only? fault so far with us not recognising this... Some might argue giving Lovren a 5-year deal...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

You get negged because you never let it go, flogging a dead horse. Makes you come across as either a wum or stupid. You’re neither.

Always happy to take it, but it’s not really that controversial a point. Most posters here weren’t ecstatic with the midfield. Who would’ve been wound up by that video? Ox is almost universally liked.

7 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Always happy to take it, but it’s not really that controversial a point. Most posters here weren’t ecstatic with the midfield. Who would’ve been wound up by that video? Ox is almost universally liked.

He is fucking injured! It is irrelevant. Would he have played, probably yes.

Was chatting about the match with my uncle before and to be fair there were a few positives.

We should have scored, Kompany should have been sent off, they had to work hard to only just beat us at home. 

The problem was that all their best players were up against all our worst.

• Upvote 1

Just have to take last night on the chin and re-group.  City played well and had the breaks.

Draw would have been the fair result but to hell with it. The midfield selection was questionable but hindsight is 20:20 . Lovren was poor but he usually is against top class opposition . We lack a bit of depth in the squad in defence but we know that . Vital we go and beat Brighton. At least we have the unbeaten record off our backs which was becoming a millstone with every cunt on the box banging on about the Arsenal invincibles at every opportunity.

Just now, magicrat said:

He was shit last night in a better team with the best CB and keeper in the country alongside.

I agree in relation to last night, he was all over the shop. However saying he’s usually poor against top teams isn’t really fair IMO. He was very good against Real for example. Contributed massively to keeping Ronaldo goalless.