You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (a) 3/1/2019

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, suzy said:

At least I'll be able to get stuff I need to do around the house this morning - Sky are showing much much more of our game and after chat than they ever did when we had all those wins. I won't be able to stomach much more of this!

Going ten points clear would have been disaster for that lot !

Just now, House of Dirk said:

Going ten points clear would have been disaster for that lot !

Definitely and I've heard how Tyler screamed "Aquero" after he scored! I didn't hear last night as I was too busy shouting myself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, suzy said:

Definitely and I've heard how Tyler screamed "Aquero" after he scored! I didn't hear last night as I was too busy shouting myself.

NBC Sports on my stream were no better. I have a chest infection at the moment and sounded like Chewbacca when Bobby equalised.

Alisson - 6 - Some good saves, but got beaten near post for the goal

Lovren - 4 - Lost Aguero for the goal, and generally looked all over the place

Van Dijk - 7 - Good as per, did his job

Trent - 6 - Great ball for the equaliser, but gave the ball away too much

Robbo - 7 - Kept Sterling in his pocket 90% of the time

Hendo - 5 - Busy but didn’t do a whole lot with the ball

Milner - 6 - Busy, did more than Hendo on the ball but not enough

Gini - 7 - Kept the ball well when he was at CM, less influential outwide 

Salah - 5 - Laporte couldn’t have wished for an easier game in the first half, and got dominated by Kompany too easily after moved central

Mane - 5 - Tried hard but failed to trouble Danilo

Firmino - 6 - Good finish for the goal (+1) but did very little else, poor holding up play.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Salah - 5 - Laporte couldn’t have wished for an easier game in the first half, and got dominated by Kompany too easily 

Firmino - 6 - Good finish for the goal (+1) but did very little else, poor holding up play.

Average sub-6...

And only lost 1-2 away at the Champions, with perhaps a bit of bad luck to boot.

At the end of the day we lost because we can't find a fit centre half to partner our best in the world other centre half. And,just as importantly,we can still only replace one of our front three with a man made of spare parts which tend to break at a moment's notice. Gutted to lose after getting back into the game but these games do tend to highlight your weak points.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Salah - 5 - Laporte couldn’t have wished for an easier game in the first half, and got dominated by Kompany too easily 

Nice not to mention Alisson only being beaten by a rocket shot due to one of his dozy centre halves not doing his job and don't forget his brilliant one on one save from Aguero either.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Nice not to mention Alisson only being beaten by a rocket shot due to one of his dozy centre halves not doing his job and don't forget his brilliant one on one save from Aguero either.

Read further down a touch Vlad.

10 hours ago, Aventus said:

Not too fussed, we were gonna lose one at some point, might as well be Vs the only team in the league that is on our level, nothing to be ashamed of.

We played well, it was a game decided by fractions of measurements, if this or that was an inch either way then we might have won. 

Lovren is Lovren, he's a backup CB, Gomez will be back soon so we won't have to worry about it for a while. 

Overall I enjoy playing city, they usually actually play football, but our two games vs them this season have been the most defensive I've ever seen them or Guardiola play, 11 men on the line at times trying to hoof it away. Only we can make them play like that the shit

bags. 

The game vs arsenal might have took a bit out of us, I know we battered them but they are a good team and we had to work for it to do that, might be why some of our starters weren't quite at their best, and why others only came on as subs. Ideally I would have liked the arsenal line-up again. 

Still top by a clear margin, still in our hands, still playing good football. 

Hopefully Klopp and the lads learn from this and use it to push us even harder. 

Ps. Fuck Henderson off, a big game like that needs an inspiring leader, he was devoid of any passion whatsoever. Compare him to how Kompany and Virgil were acting. It's night and day. 

Kompany was a fucking bell end celebrating before the final whistle. Klopp should use that as motivation 

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

VD and Grinch will neg me for saying this but I don’t care, we missed Ox badly last night. His drive from midfield would’ve helped us break their press or at least would’ve made them think twice about pressing as aggressively.

He’s injured. Keita and or Fabinho would have been better options in that midfield last night in my opinion. The Ox is deffo one of those players who get’s better the longer he is out though. He will come back as good as new, and as good as Stevie.

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He’s injured. Keita and or Fabinho would have been better options in that midfield last night in my opinion. The Ox is deffo one of those players who get’s better the longer he is out though. He will come back as good as new, and as good as Stevie.

Two goals against City last season, both crackers too. Saying we missed him <> he’s Steven Gerrard

Have to give them credit.

They swarmed all over us winning battles and being first time and time again.

Guardiola has learned from the games he lost to us last season and has adapted his plan v us and it has worked for them.

They showed more desire than us last night too which is for me the most disappointing thing - that should not be case.

All that said though there is not much between the two sides and it is us who are top - we've got one fucking hell of a job on our hands to keep that mob at bay, but we already knew that.

1 defeat in 21 is not time for panic though.

• Upvote 1

Tyler is the least able of commentators to disguise who he wants/doesn't want to win and it must be getting worse with age. And he couldn't hide his disappointment that Sterling didn't score at the end and "put a bow on it". I'd even forgotten he was like that as I haven't had Sky for years, so last night confirmed it for me.

38 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Salah - 5 - Laporte couldn’t have wished for an easier game in the first half, and got dominated by Kompany too easily after moved central

Only 7 for VVD? Absolutely imperious again for me. He can't legislate for every mistake his team-mates make, but he almost does. I'd give him a 9.

Just on Henderson and VVD - there was a moment in the first half when Hendo had the ball in our half, out on the left, with TAA in a lot of space on the right, ten yards into their half. He played it five yards to VVD instead, who immediately took on the crossfield ball himself, by which time TAA had been closed down and the ball headed away. He's still afraid to make mistakes.

17 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Just on Henderson and VVD - there was a moment in the first half when Hendo had the ball in our half, out on the left, with TAA in a lot of space on the right, ten yards into their half. He played it five yards to VVD instead, who immediately took on the cross-field ball himself, by which time TAA had been closed down and the ball headed away. He's still afraid to make mistakes.

Infuriated me that. Gerrard would've played that pass with his eyes closed. He did it in the Champions League final as well. He's too scared to make a mistake. He takes no chances, and that's why he's mentally not cut out for the top level. It's not ability, because he easily had it in his locker to play that ball, it's his mentality.

I said before the game that I believed a defeat for us in this game would take our intensity up a level, and I still firmly believe that this will be the case. Last night was a reminder for the players and the fans that we need to fight tooth and nail every minute of every game if we want to win the league ahead of a top class side. 

All the talk of 10 point gaps and winning it in January was dangerous and stupid in my opinion, even if we had won yesterday it was never going to be over. Personally I honestly feel more confident of winning it now after a narrow defeat to our rivals in which we never got the rub of the green as it should stoke the fire of the players, which is what I think this side needs. 

It it was never going to be a procession or given to us easy. We go again reds. A true question of what we are made of now. I believe it is one we will answer. 

Start of dec was wondering how we were going to catch city and thinking we might have to win last nights match to be one point ahead   4 points to the good goal difference similar get in these two teams will go unbeaten to the end of the season it is all about avoiding draws think we need bit of extra firepower in jan as a safety net. Overall comfortable with our position