You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (a) 3/1/2019

Bjornebye

I thought the Arab's team were just as bitty and tawdry as we were. Nothing between the sides, apart from Lovren. We just tidy up and and get the show back on the road for our next league game. Play the kids in the Minnie Mouse Cup and give the first team lads a break. We hit the post , it bounces out - they hit the post, it rolls in. Fuck City and fuck Guardiola. We are still clear of them and they'll fuck more games up than we will. Just that some of our 'supporters' are chicken hearted pricks who see one defeat as the death knell to our title hopes. Utter cretins.

Onward and upward.

5 minutes ago, Hades said:

We'll lose away to United and draw with Everton, Spurs and Chelsea. Tonight was the chance. City back in pole position. I can even see us going on a losing run now. 

No chance.

Plus you're expecting city to win all of their remaining games but they have tough games as well so all to play for.

Shite result but baring some bad luck we could've won that even with that midfield so batter the shit teams in the league and carry on.

Fuck it.  Hard to be too angry because even a week before Christmas I'd have bit your hand off if you'd offered me being 4 points clear on the other side of the City game.

That midfield is what really fucked us, I have no idea what Klopp thinks three meat and potatoes mids give us but it negates the best part of his side; playing on the front foot and keeping the pressure on, whilst simultaneously failing to stifle the opposition which I have to assume is the intention.  It's especially amazing when you consider City have wobbled when teams have got at them which is what I assumed we'd do.

Lovren is a waste of space though.  I'd rather see VVD with a tailor's dummy on wheels attached to his waist than watch that dismal fucker doze off for three seconds at a time, I mean does he have fucking narcolepsy or what?  There are days when life is beautiful, then I remember that he plays for us and I'm like Johnny Nice Painter from The Fast Show.  I can't stand the sight of the fucker.  He's under contract until 2021 and if I won the lottery I'd pay it up myself.  He's an accident waiting to happen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, John102 said:

'Anthony Taylor will take that into account'..blows immediately.

Only thing worse than Lovrens ability is his weak awful character.

That cunt Taylor couldn’t wait to blow that whistle. All in all city edged it off of two quality finishes. I think Klopp needs to give a long think about bringing Clyne back into the side honestly. Trent’s a good player but too often he starts rushing things hitting long hopeful balls that kill our build up when it would be better to run at them or pass it shorter.

As far as Hendo goes he’s done what he does. 5-7/10 every match, but no balls or ingenuity to really turn a game. I read an article, probably from someone on here, about how Hendo makes up his mind what to do with the ball before it gets to him. I think it was meant in defense of him being picked all the time but for me it’s made me go the other way. If a journo can see that so can other managers and their staff. Too often he plays his teammates into tough positions or hits the ball right at a closing midfielder because he’s already made his mind up that’s where he’s going to pass to the ball. Now I understand when you’re under a bit of pressure maybe you need to get rid of it quickly but he does this even when he has time. It’d be infuriating if it was so damn predictable.

1 minute ago, torahboy said:

I thought the Arab's team were just as bitty and tawdry as we were. Nothing between the sides, apart from Lovren. We just tidy up and and get the show back on the road for our next league game. Play the kids in the Minnie Mouse Cup and give the first team lads a break. We hit the post , it bounces out - they hit the post, it rolls in. Fuck City and fuck Guardiola. We are still clear of them and they'll fuck more games up than we will. Just that some of our 'supporters' are chicken hearted pricks who see one defeat as the death knell to our title hopes. Utter cretins.

Onward and upward.

whats this shite ?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Guest said:

He was absolute dogshit.  It seems to completely go over everyone’s head every game he plays.  As soon as the player he’s up against or the ball itself goes past him that’s it he’s done until the ball goes dead.  Watch him for the goal it’s a prime example of it.  He just walks around watching the ball like a school kid which is exactly what he is.  We cannot carry that sort of braindead attitude.  If he gets back in position then Aguero doesn’t have the space to score the goal but fuck it who cares Lovren will get the blame and everyone will forget about me.

I mostly agree. I do think he has bags of potential, but there’s a reason he’s targeted and it isn’t because he is an accomplished defender at this stage in his career. Bring in a top notch RB and send him out on loan next season, because he needs to play in order to develop into the player I think he can be.

4 minutes ago, Hades said:

We'll lose away to United and draw with Everton, Spurs and Chelsea. Tonight was the chance. City back in pole position. I can even see us going on a losing run now. 

I hate to be an absolute negative nelly, (which admittedly i can be). 

But id tend to agree with you here. I just think when it mattered we didnt show up, kind of like the champions league final. 

Maybe its the fact we've gone so long since winning the league, or every time it looks like we might just break our duck we fall at the final hurdle, much like Gerrards infamous slip.

This to me feels the same, I really thought we'd do these tonight, go 10 points clear and really go and claim it.

Now, fuck, i dont know......

Just now, chrisbonnie said:

I hate to be an absolute negative nelly, (which admittedly i can be). 

But id tend to agree with you here. I just think when it mattered we didnt show up, kind of like the champions league final. 

Maybe its the fact we've gone so long since winning the league, or every time it looks like we might just break our duck we fall at the final hurdle, much like Gerrards infamous slip.

This to me feels the same, I really thought we'd do these tonight, go 10 points clear and really go and claim it.

Now, fuck, i dont know......

How did we not “show up”? We did, but we just lost the game e.g., We had more of the ball than them, and they had to score two good goals, but we could’ve also had a couple more. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1285074/Live/England-Premier-League-2018-2019-Manchester-City-Liverpool

4 minutes ago, RoboRiise said:

Fuck it.  Hard to be too angry because even a week before Christmas I'd have bit your hand off if you'd offered me being 4 points clear on the other side of the City game.

That midfield is what really fucked us, I have no idea what Klopp thinks three meat and potatoes mids give us but it negates the best part of his side; playing on the front foot and keeping the pressure on whilst simultaneously failing to stifle the opposition, which I have to assume is the intention.  It's especially amazing when you consider City have wobbled when teams have got at them which is what I assumed we'd do.

Lovren is a waste of space though.  I'd rather see VVD with a tailor's dummy on wheels attached to his waist than watch that dismal fucker doze off for three seconds at a time, I mean does he have fucking narcolepsy or what?  There are days when life is beautiful, then I remember that he plays for us and I'm like Johnny Nice Painter from The Fast Show.  I can't stand the sight of the fucker.  He's under contract until 2021 and if I won the lottery I'd pay it up myself.  He's an accident waiting to happen.

On tonight’s evidence, I’d bite your hands off for that tailor’s dummy. 

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Dropping Fabinho who has been in great form was a bad decision, and I thought this type of game was exactly the type of game that Keita was bought for.

Fabinho had good couple of games but looked shakey against Arsenal under pressure I thought. Perhaps Klopp thought he’d struggle with the intense pressing City are known for.

• Upvote 1

Not too fussed, we were gonna lose one at some point, might as well be Vs the only team in the league that is on our level, nothing to be ashamed of.

We played well, it was a game decided by fractions of measurements, if this or that was an inch either way then we might have won. 

Lovren is Lovren, he's a backup CB, Gomez will be back soon so we won't have to worry about it for a while. 

Overall I enjoy playing city, they usually actually play football, but our two games vs them this season have been the most defensive I've ever seen them or Guardiola play, 11 men on the line at times trying to hoof it away. Only we can make them play like that the shit

bags. 

The game vs arsenal might have took a bit out of us, I know we battered them but they are a good team and we had to work for it to do that, might be why some of our starters weren't quite at their best, and why others only came on as subs. Ideally I would have liked the arsenal line-up again. 

Still top by a clear margin, still in our hands, still playing good football. 

Hopefully Klopp and the lads learn from this and use it to push us even harder. 

Ps. Fuck Henderson off, a big game like that needs an inspiring leader, he was devoid of any passion whatsoever. Compare him to how Kompany and Virgil were acting. It's night and day. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, The Guest said:

He was absolute dogshit.  It seems to completely go over everyone’s head every game he plays.  As soon as the player he’s up against or the ball itself goes past him that’s it he’s done until the ball goes dead.  Watch him for the goal it’s a prime example of it.  He just walks around watching the ball like a school kid which is exactly what he is.  We cannot carry that sort of braindead attitude.  If he gets back in position then Aguero doesn’t have the space to score the goal but fuck it who cares Lovren will get the blame and everyone will forget about me.

Every single opponent targets him. Which doesn't mean he's bad. But does suggest he's perceived as a weakness (in an otherwise strong defence).

Frankly, I think right back is our weakest starting position.