You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (a) 3/1/2019

Bjornebye

Lovren was hung out to dry by Trent all night.  Gomez coming back in won’t help that.  He’s a fucking lazy joke who can’t smell danger.  He’s just not a defender.  He hides when the opposition have the ball more than Henderson does when we have it.  I’m so pissed off.  How has Henderson remained on the pitch for the whole of that game.

Henderson was a passenger when we needed him in their faces and the refs. I'd strip him of the captaincy now because its only the reason he is getting a start. We played some excellent football and Van Dijk was MOTM for me. Lovren was just Lovren and it shows just what level he is at when he plays alongside Van Dijk. Fabinho was decent when he came on. 

We had chances to draw or even win. So did they. Its City away. We had chances, we battled and at times played them off the park. Chins up we are still top. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

By all accounts players looked shattered. A lot of games in December and little rotation in the attackers. Second string for Wolves for me and if it costs us the game so be it. 

10 days to get the players fresh for the league 

Thought the same myself.

City away at the end of the Christmas/New Year frenzy was a bridge too far.

It's still in our hands.

There's a few things that you could moan about, but it doesn't feel right to do so.

It's our first league defeat of the season. Against a very good team. Who lucked out by a matter of millimetres and the jammiest unintentional nutmeg you'll ever see. 

Fuck it. It's still in our hands. Hopefully the players won't sulk about it for too long and we'll bounce straight back. 

• Upvote 1

Very poor performance - unless Gomez is going to be ready for Brighton, there has to be a top class CB purchased in January. If he’s ready, a RB should be the priority - we’ve got a fantastic keeper and two great defenders in Van Dijk and Robertson, but the team would be so much stronger if it wasn’t liable to get exposed on the right by high quality opposition.

As for the wider implications, the title isn’t entirely out of the question but City are now overwhelming favourites for it. I’ve always thought that finishing within ten points of a team assembled under such dubious and expensive means would be a fine achievement in itself, but finishing above them would probably be the single greatest achievement in the club’s history. Rest everyone who started tonight / is expected to be first choice for the next league game against Wolves

and really look to put Brighton to the sword.

• Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Can't win these games with nine players. A championship standard centre back and a central midfielder hiding for 90 minutes.

They needed fucking off years ago and they still do. 

Depressing stuff. Just completely unnecessary. It's not like City put six past us. We're really fucking good. Alisson and VVD are immense, yet we've handicapped ourselves by playing two players that should be at fucking West Ham.

Sums it up well. I’ve said for a year and a half that we need 3-4 topp class CBs. I thought we started the season with one, then realised we suddenly had two. Thank fuck for that, and hopefully Gomez is back very soon. 

1 They had ALL the luck with the woodwork 

2 They should have had  Kompany,  Sane and that snide fucking shithouse Bernardo Silvia sent off

3 Guardiola is a whining fucking pussy

4 THE REFEREE AND LINESMEN ARE FUCKING CHEATS 

5 Our midfield 3 of Henderson, Gini and Milner just weren't fucking good enough last season, and they certainly aren't this. 

We bought Fabinho, Shaq and Keita for big money, time to play them Jurgen. 

AND FUCK OFF CITY FUCKING CUNTS

• Upvote 2

We were far from useless. We didn't deserve to lose but that happens in big games. Can't understand what the commentators are staying city deserved it for. We'd more passes, shots on target, more big chances missed. It was a draw all day. Fuck carra anyway. He's turned into a sky monkey. Well deserved my hole. 

And how many off the fucking line clearances did they have tonight. Poxy poxy cunts.

However, I think our midfield was severely lacking at transitioning the ball to the front lads. Fab played well when he came on and Henderson must surely not be used in big games anymore. We were playing well, city weren't before tonight. Maybe we should have went for it more from the off but it was only a centimetre away from getting at least a draw tonight and who knows what would have happened had we scored first.

Onto Brighton next and that now is bigger than tonights game. Must win.

Up the unlucky reds 

• Upvote 1

Look, we’re still 4 points ahead and it’s still ours to throw away but I’m done with Henderson and his fake Mackem ‘I’ll do you’ fronting of players. He offers this team nothing. We are a team who attacks but his go to pass is back to the keeper or defence. He fucking shite.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

The problem is that Henderson is the captain, so Klopp clearly feels obligated to play him in our biggest games, and yet again he's shown that he's not got the quality to go toe-to-toe with the very best teams.

Yep