You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (a) 3/1/2019

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

We never seem to challenge two seasons in a row, in fact the seasons we've challenged since 1990 (90-91, 96-97, 01-02, 08-09, and 13-14) have been followed by seasons of absolute shite!

Can we get this season out of the way first?

Although I am curious about how we'll go in '28/29.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I think we'll lose a lot of our best this summer whether we win it or not (it'll be not). FSG will sell if we get big enough bids for Mo, Mane, Bobby, perhaps even VVD and Allison.

This is literally insane.

We have the best manager in the world, all our best players locked into contracts for the next 4 years, and are top of the league. None of these players seem to be making any effort to get out of the club; on the contrary, they seem happy to be at Liverpool. Not to mention it would cost at least 100 million for any of the players you mention, and several of them would cost well above that figure.

So in short:

- the club wants them to stay

- the players want to stay

- no one could afford to buy them

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I can't work out whether CS is a WUM who's definitely not a Liverpool fan., or someone who's so negative and depressed they should be giving football a swerve for the effect on their mental health. 

If there's ever a time to enjoy being a Liverpool fan (and there have been lots), what we might do this year and what we could do the next few years, it's now. 

Negged for over the top pessimism pissing on everyone's parade. Don't we have a negative thread for the terminally doomstruck? 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I think we'll lose a lot of our best this summer whether we win it or not (it'll be not). FSG will sell if we get big enough bids for Mo, Mane, Bobby, perhaps even VVD and Allison.

The only thing that's being lost is your marbles.

58 minutes ago, Scrump said:

I can't work out whether CS is a WUM who's definitely not a Liverpool fan., or someone who's so negative and depressed they should be giving football a swerve for the effect on their mental health. 

If there's ever a time to enjoy being a Liverpool fan (and there have been lots), what we might do this year and what we could do the next few years, it's now. 

Negged for over the top pessimism pissing on everyone's parade. Don't we have a negative thread for the terminally doomstruck? 

I think he's scared of being hurt, so looks on the downside in every scenario.

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

You've all got the league done and dusted with 18 games left, and future domination in the bag. Have you all learned nothing?

LOT of room in between "the league is done and dusted" and "it'll be not" (as in we're definitely not going to win the league), mate.

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

You've all got the league done and dusted with 18 games left, and future domination in the bag. Have you all learned nothing?

But you keep saying that we won't win. Definitely not. 

Is there any difference?