You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (a) 3/1/2019

Bjornebye

14 minutes ago, an tha said:

Amazes me he is allowed to ref this game.

I know he claims to be an Altrincham fan but for me he as a Manc should not be anywhere near this.

He probably claims to support Altrincham because that's were he lives but really he shouldn't be anywhere near this match 

27 minutes ago, stringvest said:

1.  Most club football forums don't go around saying how wonderful other teams are. 

2.  I would say we are probably the least disliked out of the traditional 'big' clubs, certainly at the moment as we haven't won the league for more than a generation. 

3.  The reason we are hated by some supporters of other clubs is because some of our supporters have the same attitude as you.  

I do think we're in a fantastic position, and while I think we'll win this game, I wouldn't be too unhappy with a draw.  

Honestly mate go and have a read of any of them.  Fighting cock forum, blue moon, shed end, saints web, toonforum, Arsenal mania, even fucking Molineux mid and you will see it.  The majority of posts about us don’t just say they dislike us they say they would prefer their own historic rivals winning the league/trophy above us.  I’m not signing up to these forums or winding people up.  I just go on there usually before we play these teams to see what they’re all about.

I’ve written about it on here before.  It’s the new racism/homophobia because PC-wise you’re allowed to get away with it.  You can’t slag someone off because of the colour of their skin or sexuality any more so what’s the next best thing? Where they come from, because nobody really gives a shit about that.  And from a British perspective what’s the worst place in the world to come from?  I don’t think I need to answer that.

That being said I don’t have a chip on my shoulder about any of it although I wouldn’t blame any scouser who has.  I’m just baffled by the in built prejudice some people have as soon as you open your mouth.  Every single person I meet I give the benefit of the doubt to.

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He swerved it for a bit because of you.

It's not your posts, it's your attitude. The enemy's dangerous, but right now you're worse. Dangerous and foolish. You may not like who's posting with you, but whose side are you on? 

I have no idea of what any of this means

8 hours ago, The Guest said:

Honestly mate go and have a read of any of them.  Fighting cock forum, blue moon, shed end, saints web, toonforum, Arsenal mania, even fucking Molineux mid and you will see it.  The majority of posts about us don’t just say they dislike us they say they would prefer their own historic rivals winning the league/trophy above us.  I’m not signing up to these forums or winding people up.  I just go on there usually before we play these teams to see what they’re all about.

I’ve written about it on here before.  It’s the new racism/homophobia because PC-wise you’re allowed to get away with it.  You can’t slag someone off because of the colour of their skin or sexuality any more so what’s the next best thing? Where they come from, because nobody really gives a shit about that.  And from a British perspective what’s the worst place in the world to come from?  I don’t think I need to answer that.

That being said I don’t have a chip on my shoulder about any of it although I wouldn’t blame any scouser who has.  I’m just baffled by the in built prejudice some people have as soon as you open your mouth.  Every single person I meet I give the benefit of the doubt to.

I'd take it as a compliment. It's fear of working class solidarity and uprising at its core. The rich all hate each other. It's unnerving to see people undermine your very existence. 

• Upvote 3

Oh he is a cunt Stig no doubts, definitely got mental health problems but that doesn't excuse the cuntishness.

I just can't see us being favourites even if we somehow manage to beat City. We just won't win the league, it won't happen!

If it did (and it won't) I don't think my brain would cope!

The spotlight Collymore talks about is already glaring isn't it...all these articles like his and the many others plus constant talk on sky etc is already at fever pitch and it is barely frigging January...I don't recall it being like this usually at this point of season.

God knows how bad it will be come March/April if we are still in lead.

13 hours ago, an tha said:

You only have to look on twatter pages whenever a story is about us or take a quick look on other forums to see we are easily the most hated of the 'big' clubs.

And most tellingly listen to the bile spewed at us week in week out at the game by opposition fans about our city/us a club/the deaths of people in disasters etc.

It does not bother me personally like that we are so hated but for my money it is absolutely the case.

If so, maybe it's a great testimony to our club that - despite not having won a title for 28 years - there is still subconscious envy.  People have forgotten United already, perhaps, and still remember the original and best dominant club of English football.

Imagine the hate in May when both Manchesters are knocked off their perch!

Happy New Year, everyone.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'd rather it was over by the end of April one way or the other!

Liverpool FC are back on top, whether we win it this year, next year or the year after (or all three) the fact that they're back on top is most important.

3 minutes ago, moof said:

Why? We’re one of the very best teams on the planet. We’ll be up there again next season. 

I think we'll lose a lot of our best this summer whether we win it or not (it'll be not). FSG will sell if we get big enough bids for Mo, Mane, Bobby, perhaps even VVD and Allison.

• Downvote 1