You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (a) 3/1/2019

Bjornebye

16 hours ago, rico1304 said:

I hate these cunts.  Just to be able to say nothing would be amazing.  

They hate us.  I’m banned from blue moon but I’ll go all Moof/NV on their asses and create multiple accounts to spread the love.

5 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

What?

You know what, Code.

• Upvote 4

I have absolutely no feeling towards City - they're just a complete non-entity team. If you head over BM there's hate/insults/bus comments in abundance over there yet I have absolutely no idea why. It's like they've tried to associate with some of the rivalry between us and United in a way to validate their status.  

• Upvote 1

Pep Guardiola admitted that Liverpool are one of the best teams in Europe as he prepared for Man City’s clash with Jurgen Klopp’s side with a 3-1 win at Southampton.

The two title favourites go head-to-head in a huge match on Thursday, and reigning champions City prepared in ideal fashion as they secured a first win in three matches.

David Silva and Sergio Aguero scored either side of an own goal to hand City the three points, and Guardiola was satisfied to have got back to winning ways.

He told Match of the Day: “Yes it was important to win after two defeats and the players did what they had to do. If one team achieves 100 points and then the year after make 45 in the first round it is not all bad.

“We are doing well but the other team are possibly one of the strongest in Europe.

“Before 1-1 we played to score more, then they scored and the game was more equal but we carried on and scored the second goal. In previous games we did everything, and the first time the opponent arrived in our half they scored.”

Key City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne was not in the squad as he continues his comeback from injury, and Guardiola was hesitant to confirm whether or not the Belgian will be in the squad for the Liverpool showdown.

“We will see. Ilkay Gundogan yes but Kevin, we will see on Thursday.

“Of course it is a little bit more than three points because it is the team that is first.”

I find it comical that they would rather United win the league than us.  That’s the equivalent of us wanting Everton to win the league above them.  Go around most forums though and we are universally disliked so fuck the lot of them.  As much a burden as the decades without a league title has been for us it seems to have become a badge of honour for most of these other clubs.  If we do win the league this season it’s going to be fucking glorious.

Every game feels like the season hangs in the balance for me, as daft as it sounds.  We are on a roll at the moment because of the momentum itself.  One loss could destabilise us and these cunts are capable of going on a fucking 15 game win streak.  They were never losing that game against Southampton today so I’m not too fussed about that.  It’s too much to ask thinking they’re going to lose 3 games on the spin against the lesser teams.  I’d be very happy with a draw but I’m not daft.  Klopp only has one gear when it comes to these games and it’s top gear, toe to toe, all or nothing so let’s just sit back and enjoy it.

2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

@Iceman good to see you posting again mate

He swerved it for a bit because of you.

It's not your posts, it's your attitude. The enemy's dangerous, but right now you're worse. Dangerous and foolish. You may not like who's posting with you, but whose side are you on? 

• Upvote 2

Just popped over to Blue Moon to see how confident they are (turns out the answer is "very") and, well, I didn't realise their fanbase was so daft, to be honest.

I mean, they have some sensible fans but at least on that particular forum they have some crazy ones as well. Maybe it's the City equivalent of RAWK or something. This one in particular got me laughing a bit:

Gorton_Tubster

I dont know why but I am really looking forward to this... It's been pressure pressure all the way for City last few years and it's nice that we can start putting pressure on instead of taking it on..... I especially liked the spirit of the city fans at Southampton singing "we'll fight to the end" because that's what City do best, throughout all the years we have fought and fought to the end.

And if you look at it from a different angle, we're the ones who have spent less, and we're struggling with injuries to ALL of our key players, we're the ones without the media behind us, our club and fans constantly belittled, we have no pundits fighting our corner, the players get no real recognition for their hard work and talent, we dont have the clickbait appeal of the history boys.... We're constantly having to fight for our place, we never have it as easy as the big clubs with all their media friends and positive spin. We are the underdogs in all of this....

WTF is he talking about? They haven't spent as much? City - Manchester City, home of the oil billions, the club that spends whatever they need to buy whichever players they want - they're the underdogs?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Just popped over to Blue Moon to see how confident they are (turns out the answer is "very") and, well, I didn't realise their fanbase was so daft, to be honest.

I mean, they have some sensible fans but at least on that particular forum they have some crazy ones as well. Maybe it's the City equivalent of RAWK or something. This one in particular got me laughing a bit:

WTF is he talking about? They haven't spent as much? City - Manchester City, home of the oil billions, the club that spends whatever they need to buy whichever players they want - they're the underdogs?

Gone back to their small club mentality. Johnny come lately wannabe mentalists.

15 hours ago, The Guest said:

Go around most forums though and we are universally disliked so fuck the lot of them.  

1.  Most club football forums don't go around saying how wonderful other teams are. 

2.  I would say we are probably the least disliked out of the traditional 'big' clubs, certainly at the moment as we haven't won the league for more than a generation. 

3.  The reason we are hated by some supporters of other clubs is because some of our supporters have the same attitude as you.  

I do think we're in a fantastic position, and while I think we'll win this game, I wouldn't be too unhappy with a draw.  

13 minutes ago, stringvest said:

1.  Most club football forums don't go around saying how wonderful other teams are. 

2.  I would say we are probably the least disliked out of the traditional 'big' clubs, certainly at the moment as we haven't won the league for more than a generation. 

3.  The reason we are hated by some supporters of other clubs is because some of our supporters have the same attitude as you.  

I do think we're in a fantastic position, and while I think we'll win this game, I wouldn't be too unhappy with a draw.  

You only have to look on twatter pages whenever a story is about us or take a quick look on other forums to see we are easily the most hated of the 'big' clubs.

And most tellingly listen to the bile spewed at us week in week out at the game by opposition fans about our city/us a club/the deaths of people in disasters etc.

It does not bother me personally like that we are so hated but for my money it is absolutely the case.

12 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Looking at the stats - penno to City in the 89th minute? Didn't realise how much he hated Arsenal like. 

Screenshot 2018-12-31 at 10.52.30.png

Screenshot 2018-12-31 at 10.52.52.png

Amazes me he is allowed to ref this game.

I know he claims to be an Altrincham fan but for me he as a Manc should not be anywhere near this.