You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drink driver warning

halewood pete

Me and my mate got pissed in Truro one night, and having missed the bus back to Penzance, decided go in the depot to nick one and drive it home. The place was deserted and I waited outside whilst my mate went in there to get one. There was loads of revving, reversing and crashing so, after about 5 minutes, i shouted to him, "what the fucks going on?" he replied " the Penzance bus is at the back of them all!" So I said "you stupid twat, get the Camborne one here at the front and we can change there"

• Upvote 2

Genuinely can't get on board with the logic behind calculating when it's safe to drive. If you're reaching for the ale knowing that you need to utilise a car the following morning then stay clear of the alcohol or go non-alcoholic. It's the equivalent of flooring it on an iced over motorway - it's just a matter of time before luck becomes trauma. 

I'm off to town tomorrow and currently  I'm necking back the final bottle of red so I can start fresh for Jan. There is no way that I am using my car tomorrow at all. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Me and my mate got pissed in Truro one night, and having missed the bus back to Penzance, decided go in the depot to nick one and drive it home. The place was deserted and I waited outside whilst my mate went in there to get one. There was loads of revving, reversing and crashing so, after about 5 minutes, i shouted to him, "what the fucks going on?" he replied " the Penzance bus is at the back of them all!" So I said "you stupid twat, get the Camborne one here at the front and we can change there"

hqdefault.jpg

THE BUS DON'T STOP CAMBORNE WEDNESDAYS! TABATHA, TURN THE CAR

AROUND. WE'RE GOING BACK TO DORSET!

• Upvote 2

HP, nicking off with public transport when pissed is obviously a thing in your household.

https://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/forums/topic/87583-what-is-the-maddest-thing-your-bird-has-done/&page=14&tab=comments#comment-3821290

On holiday in olu. Deniz turkey a few years ago with another couple, and we go to the taxi rank for a ride home to hisaronu up the mountain,we are all well pissed and the taxi drivers are all sat on the wall smoking and chatting, so we go to the front taxi and start getting in.anyway,my wife goes to the front and mistakenly tries to get into the drivers side,forgetting they are left hand drive,I'm in the back by now with my mate and his wife,and the cab driver who is still sat on the wall and not making much effort to move laughs and waves as if to indicate 'you carry on love'.

Oh dear!She does no more than jump into a brand new automatic Mercedes taxi and drive off down the road,pursued by the driver,who is not laughing any more and me and my mate are screaming at her to stop (we have seen the film midnight express and didn't fancy a turkish prison cell)she stops after a while and we get thrown out,the driver didn't see the funny side and wouldn't take us home.The next driver in the rank dropped us home and said it was the funniest thing him and his mates had seen in a long time,and that the driver would never live it down.

• Upvote 1

I've been at works conferences were a couple of hundred blokes have all been completely shitfaced, ruining around hotels naked like something out of Wolf of Wall Street. All up for brecky in the morning then off in the car. I'd be amazed if anyone that drinks and has a car has not been over the limit in the morning at least once.

9 hours ago, Champ said:

It wasn’t meant to read like I was having a go but I guess it does reflect the way we have had to adjust to reduced alcohol thresholds here.

When the law was changed here there was quite a lot of talk about calculations and breathyliser kits but in a very short time it feels as if most people have accepted that it just isn’t worth the stress of wondering whether you’re over the limit or not and choose either to drink or drive but not both although you’re right about the ‘exceptional’ situations. We’re all stuck with them

Wasn’t there something out last week before Christmas that said that nothing had changed in Scotland (statistics wise) since the law has changed?

2 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

Wasn’t there something out last week before Christmas that said that nothing had changed in Scotland (statistics wise) since the law has changed?

That rings a bell but I think its hugely changed most people's views on the risks associated with drinking even small amounts and driving

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Folks just a heads up I was tested at 1030 am this morning completely random tested every third car. Had had nothing night before so everything ok. Look I know everyone should have enough gumption to take taxis on night out but be very careful about next day especially AM.

Spoke to copper he said look it's the time of year people need to expect the testing in the morning. So be aware with major clamp down on overtime the likelihood of getting stopped during normal working hours is increased. 

Guest Pistonbroke

It's always amazed me how many people turned up for work smelling of alcohol and looking rough, yet drove in. 

Some clever clogs should invent something for modern cars where you have to perform a quick breath test before ignition will work. Just a simple breath in which would take a few seconds but could save numerous lives. 

18 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Folks just a heads up I was tested at 1030 am this morning completely random tested every third car. Had had nothing night before so everything ok. Look I know everyone should have enough gumption to take taxis on night out but be very careful about next day especially AM.

Spoke to copper he said look it's the time of year people need to expect the testing in the morning. So be aware with major clamp down on overtime the likelihood of getting stopped during normal working hours is increased. 

Or just don’t drive if you’re still over the limit the next morning. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

It's always amazed me how many people turned up for work smelling of alcohol and looking rough, yet drove in. 

Some clever clogs should invent something for modern cars where you have to perform a quick breath test before ignition will work. Just a simple breath in which would take a few seconds but could save numerous lives. 

you've just reminded me of this!!

z6zSRRI.jpg

Guest Pistonbroke

I honestly hadn't realised that these things existed. Seems daft that a technology from 1980's/Improved through the 90's isn't fitted on all vehicles. Mind you, Raccoons will be happy about it, and I suppose if someone wants to drive under the influence they'll always find a way around it.