You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 29/12

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Lovren one looked a little soft but there's a shove in the back there, same as last week. Not seen enough of the Arsenal one, would have been soft by the looks of it. 

But they can fuck off after the non red for Xhaka

Indeed

Aubemyamang had 13 touches & 6 were kick offs.

Was out at a function his evening & Just seen MotD after reading this thread , and reckon that other than the original pass out being a bit sloppy, Arsenal's goal was just a well-worked one and not every goal has to be pinned on somebody as a mistake.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Iwobi has reverted to form in the second half.

I'm not sure if it was him being good or Trent being a bit off, but in the first half, they definitely went at our right wing and had a bit of joy there. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

We are the team of destiny this year. People will rightfully want to tread lightly, but there's no excuses not to win it now. 

What a game. It's not entirely fair for Arsenal because they are in the rebuilding stage and we're now the full package but this is still a big team getting smoked and a continuation of an undefeated run that is now passed the midway point of the season. We had a slightly shaky run in October but we look invincible right now. 

What a year this is shaping up to be. 

I was thinking back to the 13/14 season and it was the Southampton game away where I think it all broke out publically in the stands... I think it's a bit early just yet, but if we get through the City game, the  next wee run of games looks winnable. Still six clear at the end of January and I might just be tipped into it. Until then, City are the team to beat. 

29 minutes ago, skend04 said:

We bummed them and it wasn't even our best performance of the season. The quick Firmino double broke them and the result wasn't in doubt after that. 

Agree, first half particularly was odd... sloppy with the ball but went in at half time well, and deservedly ahead. 

I am back from the match and I am pished. 

Yer my friggin bez mates yer cunts.

• Fab - I still love him. But he can learn from some stuff tonight.
  • Whaddabout bobby's second?! Beautiful.
  • Andy Robbo. You gotta love him.
  • 5-1 what the  fuck!
  • I love Sadio. Unpredictable. 
  • Big Virge. he's our number four. etc.
  • the fella behind. The old guy. He gave me brandy from his hip flask. I love him.

Gotta go to bed 'cos I'm smashed. But if any of you fancy your chances I'd batter yous. Except Anny Road of course.

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Trumo said:

I was surprised how they looked so disorganised at the back, like they'd turned up without having done their homework.

To be fair to them.. they’re missing their best three defenders; Holding, Bellerin and Monreal. Lichsteiner in particular struggled against Mane. 

Some amusing pre-match posts from our opponents yesterday...

———————————————————

Need a performance to save us from that **** show vs Brighton and stop our weird fans already wanting to see the back of Emery.

Fair enough to Liverpool they are on fire at the moment but we out played them at home a few months back so no reason we can't out play them again, well apart from our injury crisis. Hope to see Auba, Laca and Özil all start as I think vs Brighton we lost control once Özil was off and everyone else is worse than him who could replace him. 

Never wanted Mustafi back so badly but we really need him, Kos can't play a full game at the moment and we have no serious cover at the CB position.

AMN at RB and Kola LB Leno in the sticks.

End their unbeaten run and push on into Jan, sign a winger and CB, get players back from injury and hopefully that'll be enough to see us finish 5th and get to the Europa League Semi Finals.

COYG 0-3 to the Arsenal.

———————————————————

Our chance to end Pool's unbeaten run. They're not even one tenth of our invincibles and don't deserve to go to January unbeaten, much less the season! Let's smash them! Come on you Gunners!!!!

————————————————————

As tough as this looks, these are the games emery has built his reputation on. He’ll have a game plan for sure where as last year we would definitely have gotten a thrashing.

————————————————————-

Also Emery clearly has Klopps number.

————————————————————

Kind of game we would concede 4-5 under Arséne Wenger, time to show that we really have improved!

————————————————————-

They've never been on the backfoot at Anfield and its about time we tested them.

Throw caution to the wind & go at them from the whistle.

If we can grab a couple before they know what hits them, we can win.

————————————————————-

This Liverpool team is over rated. Their midfield is a pile of ****. Allison is a mistake waiting to happen and their defence is hardly infallible. They've done very well so far but to me, they're asking to be beaten. The amount of hysteria in here is embarrassing and proves what a bunch of pussies you lot really are.

Liverpool 0-3 Arsenal

————————————————————-

One of my happiest days was after the 4-4 at Anfield when we derailed their title bid with the little Russian getting 4 goals. A Liverpool supporting bloke at work never spoke to me for months after that - it was glorious. 

I can't stand Liverpool. Their five minute YNWA song which the tv companies wank over showing. After that their atmosphere is **** but it hardly ever gets mentioned. Their team isn't that good and Klopp is worshipped like he's the second coming. Hope we stuff them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7