You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "Say something positive about a fellow forumite" 2018 thread.

Carvalho Diablo

This forum is a strange and beautiful place. Scared to name names because I'll forget a half-dozen people but @3 Stacks @Jairzinho @Boss @Numero Veinticinco and @Woolster are some of my faves. @Em City as well but minus half a point because I keep thinking he's a Man City fan, given his moniker of choice. @Hades is always wrong, but for the right reasons, and that has to be worth something.

@Bjornebye gets huge credit in my book because every time he starts the match thread we win.

Also @G Richards is a huge miss, aren't many of us "believers" on here and I hope he comes back.

The rest of you are a bunch of filthy animals (@Champ excepted obviously) who should be locked up but still allowed to post here from prison because you're amusing to be around.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I was gonna wait till 12 to have a mulled wine but I've just absolutely pissed myself at all that so i've put some on. Bravo 

It's about time someone pulled SlugTrail up to task and it was always going to be someone brave who did it. Three cheers for SlugTrail!

24 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

This forum is a strange and beautiful place. Scared to name names because I'll forget a half-dozen people but @3 Stacks @Jairzinho @Boss @Numero Veinticinco and @Woolster are some of my faves. @Em City as well but minus half a point because I keep thinking he's a Man City fan, given his moniker of choice. @Hades is always wrong, but for the right reasons, and that has to be worth something.

@Bjornebye gets huge credit in my book because every time he starts the match thread we win.

Also @G Richards is a huge miss, aren't many of us "believers" on here and I hope he comes back.

The rest of you are a bunch of filthy animals (@Champ excepted obviously) who should be locked up but still allowed to post here from prison because you're amusing to be around.

I have predicted in another thread that as the Spice Girls are reforming, there will be returning posters on here too.

@Pistonbroke has donned his Union Jack hot pants, @Sugar Ape has given us what we really, really want and @LF:D has done the zig-a-zig-ah. @G Richards can complete the reform and surely he will Wannabe here.

Living some 7,500 km from Liverpool probably means I'm never likely to be part of the inner circle of top posters, but some day it would be nice to meet up with everyone.

On the other hand, they say you should never meet your heroes....

Been a tough year for me, so looking forward to a new year. All the best to everyone....and their pets.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

Miss the good old days of TLW footy in Toxteth when quite a few forumites played. 

Juan Galonso

Woo

Ted

Malarkey 

Dave U

Liverpool Lad

Unrighteous 

Tossed and Blown

Ezekiel 

I've weirdly known Dave Usher almost 25 years as I was in college with him before he became famous.

I knew Special K before I even joined the forum and only found out he posted on here when I posted a story about a person who might have been his brother. 

Have never met AOT, Lifetime Fan, Bjornebye, and Section 31 but they all seem thoroughly nice blokes.

Met tokyojoe and String vest at Watford away, Toddler and Scott M at other games and they are all sound blokes. Special mention to Tossed and Blown again who sent me 2 Wigan away tickets in the post even though I had only been on the forum about 6 months. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/23/2018 at 7:49 PM, Bjornebye said:

Have you met Wooster? I sat talking too him in a bar on Holloway Road and whilst I was reciting him with tales of sex, rock n roll and intrigue he had counted the fibres in my jumper, divided them by 312.6 and completed 4 crosswords that he had made up in his head 

You was pissed mate, I do numbers, not words. It was 4 sudokus...

• Upvote 1

On 12/23/2018 at 7:53 PM, aRdja said:

Yeah a few times now. Randomly bumped into him a couple of times at lunch time too. He’s that rare breed of Liverpool fan who likes most of our players. A very calming presence.

Before the Palace game a few months back, I had a couple just with a him at a pub in London Bridge, and I did a little whine re the Adidas trainees thread, thinking that he’d have my back.. he deadpanned me “on this topic, I’m with the other guys I’m afraid”. We haven’t spoken since.

Your trainers are fucking terrible aRdj...

Merry Xmas!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

I knew Special K before I even joined the forum and only found out he posted on here when I posted a story about a person who might have been his brother. 

If it was about his brother, it must have been a tall tale (badum-tish).