You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "Say something positive about a fellow forumite" 2018 thread.

Carvalho Diablo

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Woolster is my favourite poster & person I’ve met from the forum.

Thats not to say I don’t like a lot of people, I do, I just like Ben a little more. He sees the game & stuff similar to me, ie he actually thinks about it a little.

CalculatingJaggedFrogmouth-small.gif

tumblr_ny20ubnrr11udi9g8o2_500.gif

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rico1304 said:

I don’t hate Labour or Corbyn.  I just don’t think they are right.   Why is this so hard?   Oh I get it, a late push for Lefty of the year?  Sorry, that uber cunt Moof and his mates had that sewn up by Easter.  

Pipe down, dummy 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Woolster is my favourite poster & person I’ve met from the forum.

Thats not to say I don’t like a lot of people, I do, I just like Ben a little more. He sees the game & stuff similar to me, ie he actually thinks about it a little.

Negged.

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Negged.

Have you met Wooster? I sat talking too him in a bar on Holloway Road and whilst I was reciting him with tales of sex, rock n roll and intrigue he had counted the fibres in my jumper, divided them by 312.6 and completed 4 crosswords that he had made up in his head 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Have you met Wooster? I sat talking too him in a bar on Holloway Road and whilst I was reciting him with tales of sex, rock n roll and intrigue he had counted the fibres in my jumper, divided them by 312.6 and completed 4 crosswords that he had made up in his head 

Yeah a few times now. Randomly bumped into him a couple of times at lunch time too. He’s that rare breed of Liverpool fan who likes most of our players. A very calming presence.

Before the Palace game a few months back, I had a couple just with a him at a pub in London Bridge, and I did a little whine re the Adidas trainees thread, thinking that he’d have my back.. he deadpanned me “on this topic, I’m with the other guys I’m afraid”. We haven’t spoken since.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah a few times now. Randomly bumped into him a couple of times at lunch time too. He’s that rare breed of Liverpool fan who likes most of our players. A very calming presence.

Before the Palace game a few months back, I had a couple just with a him at a pub in London Bridge, and I did a little whine re the Adidas trainees thread, thinking that he’d have my back.. he deadpanned me “on this topic, I’m with the other guys I’m afraid”. We haven’t spoken since.

Hahahaha. Straight as a bullet that guy. 

One of my proudest moment was meeting FG in a pub near Upton Park before the game for the first time. Actually a good 8/9 forumites out for that one. On the TSOP thread Lifetime Fan asked if anyone pulled FG up on his kids names. Turdseye replied, yeah Stig within about 20 seconds of meeting him. Lifetime Fan replied "haha knew it". I wept a little. 

• Upvote 3

@Carvalho Diablo @Winston Wolf @Champ truly wonderful people who I'm honoured to have befriended over the years. You guys are the best X

@Lee909 once sent me a david gemmell audio disc and wouldnt take payment. Top man.

@Dr Nowt his intelligence, empathy, compassion and general decency shines out throughout his posting. Hope 2019 brings you continued good health my friend.

Honourable mentions to NV, Mook, Moof, Rapey, Stringy, Vlad, Rico, Jairz, Babbs. Stronts aRdja, CT and many others who help make this forum what it is. 

Apologies to the many I'm sure I've left out. Love you all X

• Upvote 13