You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (H) Boxing Day

Bjornebye

Just now, magicrat said:

Enjoyed a stress free afternoon for a change. Wish we could play the Barcodes every week.

Proper shite and a walk in the park for our lads.   Park the bus and get stuffed 4-0, Rafa should give them the elbow.

He's far too good for that role, I really don't understand why he's still there 

Got my 2 year old a bicycle for christmas and went out this evening to learn to ride it, forgetting everything about the game today, only to come back in with us ahead 2-0 and the city score being 1-1 at the time, what a brilliant and unstressfull day to start watcing telly. Oh let me dream another few months. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Just noticed that Delph will be banned for City when we play them. Who are they going to play there, then? Mendy's still out for another couple of months, and I think that Ukrainian kid is meant to be going out on loan.

Maybe Pep will do a Pep and play 3 at the back and go with Sane at wing-back or something? Going to be a lot of potential joy for Salah down that flank.

Danilo at LB

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Just noticed that Delph will be banned for City when we play them. Who are they going to play there, then? Mendy's still out for another couple of months, and I think that Ukrainian kid is meant to be going out on loan.

Maybe Pep will do a Pep and play 3 at the back and go with Sane at wing-back or something? Going to be a lot of potential joy for Salah down that flank.

Seems to be a Mo getting suspended for diving story gathering pace. 

1 minute ago, an tha said:

It was a foul and it happened in penalty area so it is a penalty.

You see those kind of pulls in middle of park loads of times and they are always given as free kicks so no different in penalty area.

He did go a bit theatrically like, at 1st I thought it was a trip. Niasse last season? Don’t think you can be retrospectively done for a dive in the middle of the park, obviously it’s different in the area if it leads to a pen! And therefore a scoring opportunity. Not the best comparison you could have come up with. 

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Was seen by the ref, no action can be taken can it?

Not sure mate, wasn’t Niasse given the pen last season before getting his ban? Although the English players like Kane and Alli get off with it on a weekly basis. 

Think part of the charge is deceiving the ref, so if he’s seen it wrong, can retrospectively change the decision. 

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Was seen by the ref, no action can be taken can it?

Not sure that's true but in any event there was some contact and I've seen many more blatant dives go unpunished. It was a very soft pen imo and I would be moaning like fuck had it been given against us.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to get their heads around the idea that it can be a dive and also a legitimate penalty.

That's exactly what's happened here. Salah has been tugged back, it's a foul and though it's a soft one it's one I would expect to be called against us if it happened at the other end. Then there's the question of does he need to go down? No, obviously not, it's a tug on his shoulder to slow him down, he could easily have stayed on his feet. But as we've seen over and over again, the referees will absolutely never give that as a foul if you stay on your feet, so to get the penalty the foul deserves he has to go over.

At this point it's almost an unspoken rule - stay on your feet when you're fouled, you're not getting a penalty. So he goes down, as he knows (and the ref knows) he has to, and then the referee has to make a decision. Fortunately, he's made the right call.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm still a negative cunt when it comes to us and winning this bloody league. 

But if we manage to beat both Arsenal and City in our next 2 games then I think it's safe to say its ours too lose. 

We've played all the major teams away from home (excluding the mancs). 

Spurs still have to come to anfield, as do Chelsea. It'll be totally and utterly in our hands. And if we can finish the job, we've no one to blame but ourselves. 

Please, please, please let us win our next 2 games. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

After the amount of times Salah’s stayed on his feet when he had every right to go down, I’m glad he’s finally cottoned on and earned himself the goal. 

Exactly. He's cost us a few goals by staying on his feet when most other forwards would go down.  

• Like 1