You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Dec 15-16 2018)

tlw content

Everton held out for a whopping 22 minutes at the Etihad before predictably dropping their pants to City. In fairness at least they had a go, which is more than I expected. 

They actually gave City a few problems - as most teams do when they actually have the balls to try and attack - so credit to them for that, but you have to know your limitations, and Marco Silva clearly has no idea who his players are. Does he think he’s coaching Barcelona?

I first noticed it in the derby and wondered what the fuck they were doing. When Pickford has a goal kick, their centre halves come right the way back onto the goal-line to receive a pass, much like City do under Guardiola.

Difference is, City can get away with it because Stones and Laporte are footballing defenders and Ederson could probably play in midfield for a lot of teams. The Blues have calamity Pickford and the likes of Zouma and Keane. And Mina of course, mustn’t forget ‘former Barcelona star’ Mina.

Against us they did it and got caught out a couple of times. It didn’t cost them a goal but they were asking for trouble. They kept doing it though, it was just stupid. Who the fuck do they think they are? It’s laughable.

City’s opening goal was an absolute joke. Completely self inflicted by the Blues as Pickford rolled it to Mina, City pressed him and he just lobbed an aimless ball into the middle where an all alone Gundogan couldn’t believe his luck. He gave it to Sane, who gave it to Jesus and just like that, 1-0 and City headed back to the top of the table, ‘albeit temporarily’. See what I did there? Probably not, but I thought it was clever so bollocks to you.

Jesus then made it 2-0 soon after with an unmarked header from a Sane cross. Three centre halves yet the lone striker is left all alone? Good job Everton, you fucking bums.

Speaking of bums, Calvert-Lewin actually managed to do something good that didn’t involve him winning a penalty for cheating. He scored an actual goal. No really, he did. It was a good one too, a well placed header. That put the cat among the pigeons, but sadly not for long.

Having put themselves in a position to maybe sneak a point, the Blues predictably shit the bed immediately. Sterling had only been on a couple of minutes and he scored with his first touch. With a header. In the six yard box. With no Everton player anywhere near him. Fucking losers.  

That Mina is a fraud. I thought he was good in the World Cup but it was a massive red flag when Everton was the best option he had. That suggested he must be shite, and he is. I mean what’s the point in being seven foot tall if you can’t judge the flight of the ball? Richard Gough and David Weir will be spinning in their graves watching that shit.

So all in all just what we expected. A comfortable City win that meant both sets of fans went home happy. No doubt the Evertonians swapped their City shirts for United ones the next day, but that one didn’t end as well for them.

I just checked their fixture list as I had a horrible thought. Imagine if they were playing City at Goodison in the title run in. We all remember how that went down last time, when Barkley and Naismith were the only ones even trying, but thankfully that game is in February.

Not that it makes any difference to how little they’ll want to win it, but with there being three months left at least it won’t be as galling to watch them roll over and have their bellies tickled this time.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

"1-0 and City headed back to the top of the table, ‘albeit temporarily " .                          This was sky sports news last week Thursday I think it was,  "leaders" man city it says even though they were a point behind us and still are it seems sky sports doesn't see it that way.00002IMG_00002_BURST20181214184641.jpg

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic