You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Pretty much every single neutral knew he'd flop, it was glaringly obvious but they still gave him the job. I still find the whole thing utterly bizarre.

Here's the thing for me. I can actually see how they got sucked in when they did to make him full time. I don't understand why they at least didn't see the season out, but he had a great start and the psg match tipped them over the edge. What I will never understand is why they hired him in the first place. He'd proved nothing as a manager and if he did well, they were bound to be backed into a corner of taking a bloke who had no track record to be there. 

But for whatever the reason, let's enjoy it and hope he holds on for at least the season. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Here's the thing for me. I can actually see how they got sucked in when they did to make him full time. I don't understand why they at least didn't see the season out, but he had a great start and the psg match tipped them over the edge. What I will never understand is why they hired him in the first place. He'd proved nothing as a manager and if he did well, they were bound to be backed into a corner of taking a bloke who had no track record to be there. 

But for whatever the reason, let's enjoy it and hope he holds on for at least the season. 

Knows the club, innit.

For me, it's the opposite. Fair enough if he's the interim after Mourinho is sacked, but to blow your load and hire him full time after a complete fluke of a result was so amateurish. Any smart club would have waited till the end of the season, and even then that should have just been a courtesy till they found a guy with an actual resumé.

24 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Knows the club, innit.

For me, it's the opposite. Fair enough if he's the interim after Mourinho is sacked, but to blow your load and hire him full time after a complete fluke of a result was so amateurish. Any smart club would have waited till the end of the season, and even then that should have just been a courtesy till they found a guy with an actual resumé.

I'm still surprised they didn't wait till the end of the season. Shall we just agree it was an all round fuck up. Well done agent ole. 

On 27/09/2019 at 19:39, Tj hooker said:

Nail on head that the similarities with Utd now and us in the 90s is virtually a mirror image another new manager more dross bought no real plan on how to get back to the top it's probably gonna take someone like Klopp to come in and put something in place the million dollar question is where do they find that man. 

I know times have changed but our 3rd and 4th managers after Kenny were good appointments and we were still on our 4th after 19 years. They were on their 4th post Ferguson after 5 and a half and he doesn't seem as if he will last too long either

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Talking to a Utd fan earlier about the Spurs game, ended with him confidently predicting that Utd are finishing ahead of Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea in the league. When I stopped laughing he bet me 25 quid they would do it (regardless of whether they keep OGS)

Easy money!

Talking to a Utd fan earlier about the Spurs game, ended with him confidently predicting that Utd are finishing ahead of Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea in the league. When I stopped laughing he bet me 25 quid they would do it (regardless of whether they keep OGS)

They would only have to be half decent to do that.

sadly...

So if they finish behind just one of those teams you win? Fucking great bet that. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

So if they finish behind just one of those teams you win? Fucking great bet that. 

They ain't finishing ahead of Chelsea for starters. 

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah they've been pretty impressive all things considered. Mount looks a really great prospect. 

They just have a way better squad of players. Sure they'll drop points but they'll batter a lot of the dross as Lampard has them playing attacking football. I'm sure as the season goes on he'll get cleverer against the better teams, showed signs of that against us. 

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I said the exact thing, however he thinks they're rubbish as they turned them over first game of the season.

I hope you snapped his hand off with that bet mate?