You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

13 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Even the young players in that squad admit that Hansen was right.

Another thing that's overlooked is that everyone was saying the same, but Hansen said it most eloquently. 

Their fans use it as a stick to beat jockey with but as you say I've heard Gary Neville say he was right.

Schmeicheal was probably the best goalie in the world, Irwin was a brilliant left back, Pallister/Bruce a very good centre half pairing, Giggs was a very talented youngster, Cantona was terrific and Keane was a phenomenal midfielder.

Throw in that the league didn't really have an outstanding team to challenge United, as the barcodes played like loons, we had a team on the ale and Arsenal were on the ale and falling apart at that time, it wasn't exactly a stretch that they would win the league with a great manager like Taggart.

24 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I reckon we're going to be the final nail in the coffin that gets ole sacked, when we humiliate them in front of their own fans next month. 

It is after all our trashing of them 3-1 last year that got him the job in the first place. So, the honour of sacking him should be given to us.

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

United midfielder Paul Pogba will demand the club doubles his wages as the 26-year-old France international attempts to force through a move to Real Madrid.

giphy.gif

Worth every penny.

10 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

United midfielder Paul Pogba will demand the club doubles his wages as the 26-year-old France international attempts to force through a move to Real Madrid.

giphy.gif

You think too small, Paul. You’re World Class Paul Pogba. A footballing rock star and the king of hair art. Think triple wages. Triple.

10 hours ago, Razoray said:

And the young centre back, Tuanzebe had the armband ahead of experienced players who are at the club a while - Lingard Jones Pogba Romero Rojo?

It was because Tuanzebe is a Rochdale lad born and bred. I think it was just a nice gesture as opposed to anything more sinister.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

A fair number of Man Utd fans seem to have reached the point where they’d be open to the possibility of Wenger taking over, which is an hilarious twist I didn’t see coming.

Just came on to say this. It would be absolutely hilarious for him to take over I don’t think he will but jeez to even just consider it.

How is it possible to win the league, spend a billion quid in the following 6 years and be that bad? That is an achievement of epic proportions.

I watched the penos last night and all I could think of was formidable Northampton Town. We reached that point by selling everything half decent we owned, they have managed to do it by spending more than Real Madrid.

I still think he will turn it around, he just needs time.

• Upvote 1