You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

Guest Pistonbroke

That lad used to be amusing, but in all honesty he's just demented. He was only ever amusing due to his meltdowns after another defeat or draw under Mourinho. 

18 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

So who else has spent 50 million on a 21 year old Right Back with one season at top level football and given them 80.000 a week in wages ? 

It's nothing to do with whether they can afford it mate, but the fact it is way over his actual worth. 

I reckon if we'd have done that deal for wan bissaka, it would have gone down pretty positively and we have someone who is young and doing a great job already. 

We paid an outrageous fee for alisson. He had played just 80 1st team games in 5 years before we signed him. Sometimes it's the right thing to back your judgement on a player despite their age and experience. Man untied might be the wrong club at the wrong time for wan bissaka, but I don't see how it can be seen as anything but a reasonable signing for the mancs. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I reckon if we'd have done that deal for wan bissaka, it would have gone down pretty positively and we have someone who is young and doing a great job already. 

We paid an outrageous fee for alisson. He had played just 80 1st team games in 5 years before we signed him. Sometimes it's the right thing to back your judgement on a player despite their age and experience. Man untied might be the wrong club at the wrong time for wan bissaka, but I don't see how it can be seen as anything but a reasonable signing for the mancs. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say most on here would be fuming if we had given out 50 million a RB if we in the Mancs position= Pre Klopp years. I've said all along he looks a decent prospect, but 50 million is way too much. Opinions though.  

11 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say most on here would be fuming if we had given out 50 million a RB if we in the Mancs position= Pre Klopp years. I've said all along he looks a decent prospect, but 50 million is way too much. Opinions though.  

If solanke is worth 20m quid, I don't see it as a stretch wan bissaka is worth 50m. We wanted rid of solanke and the boy wanted to play and let's be honest, he looks proper out of his depth in the premier league. Palace only wanted to sell if the price was right and the mancs are pretty desperate and wan bissaka had had a cracking season - and become a motd darling. I'm not saying in an ideal world they couldn't get him for say 30-35m, but when palace are not willing seller, he's had so much good press, it jacks up the price. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I've basically said I what I want about the subject mate, like I say, opinions. Time will tell, as it always does. I'm personally finding it funny that they are paying over the odds for youngsters, that Longstaff (sp) kid from Toon will probably be the next. Dangerous transfer plan with Ole at the wheel, plus any replacement manager will have his own plans and might not want youngsters who are struggling, especially on the wages they'll be on. 

29 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

That lad used to be amusing, but in all honesty he's just demented. He was only ever amusing due to his meltdowns after another defeat or draw under Mourinho. 

He gets really defensive if people rip into him, usually calling him a paedo living in a basement in his mums house.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

He gets really defensive if people rip into him, usually calling him a paedo living in a basement in his mums house.

Yeah, he banned me from his You Tube channel on two occasions and I wasn't even personal about him. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Palace have been linked with Clyne as Wan Bissakas replacement

We should ask for 25 million or tell Woy to fuck off. 

Given where they are right now (6th. Haha) their transfer strategy thus far is more coherent than it has been in the past few years.

The fees are high, but targeting young players who already know English football on lower wages is a good start and it's a better strategy than targeting 30 year old's who are looking for massive paydays. If they can build on that later and target quality 23-24 year old's once the results improve and they become more attractive, it will pay dividends. 

It may fail because chances are that Solskjaer is a crap manager but it's smarter than what they've been doing.

A winger who’s had half a decent season in the championship, although he is very fast. And a fullback who it’s anyone’s guess whether or not he’s actually capable of contributing to the attack, although he does seem a very good defender. 

Meh

20 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Given where they are right now (6th. Haha) their transfer strategy thus far is more coherent than it has been in the past few years.

The fees are high, but targeting young players who already know English football on lower wages is a good start and it's a better strategy than targeting 30 year old's who are looking for massive paydays. If they can build on that later and target quality 23-24 year old's once the results improve and they become more attractive, it will pay dividends.

I don't think it's that coherent. They've gone from buying the wrong expensive players over recent years - Di Maria, Schweinsteiger, Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba - to spending pretty hefty money almost exclusively on potential. There doesn't seem to be much balance to what they're doing. That Wan Bissaka kid will have cost most of what we paid for Virgil, with no guarantees of anything and regardless of how good he is, little effect on their absolute clown-show in the centre of defence.

The balance of our dealings has been brilliant - the right player in for the right position, regardless of whether he's from the academy (TAA), free (Matip), £8m (Robbo) or the best on the planet at £75m (Virgil) or thereabouts £70m (Alisson). 

They'll still have a deficit of leadership and top quality next season and I still wouldn't take one of their players for our first XI.

15 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I don't think it's that coherent. They've gone from buying the wrong expensive players over recent years - Di Maria, Schweinsteiger, Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba - to spending pretty hefty money almost exclusively on potential. There doesn't seem to be much balance to what they're doing. That Wan Bissaka kid will have cost most of what we paid for Virgil, with no guarantees of anything and regardless of how good he is, little effect on their absolute clown-show in the centre of defence.

The balance of our dealings has been brilliant - the right player in for the right position, regardless of whether he's from the academy (TAA), free (Matip), £8m (Robbo) or the best on the planet at £75m (Virgil) or thereabouts £70m (Alisson). 

They'll still have a deficit of leadership and top quality next season and I still wouldn't take one of their players for our first XI.

The coherence with what they're doing now has to do with flexibility. They're in the shitter right now so the best of the best in the 23-26 year old range won't go there, but if they sign say, Longstaff for 25m but with lesser wages, with James on lesser wages than they usually give, Wan-Bissaka on 80k per week and a couple others with potential, they're at least giving themselves leg room to get rid of them if they don't work out because a club will be happier to take those players on those types of wages and age group.

It'd be the opposite of what's happening now where they have countless unflushable turds because they spent poorly at the top of the market and bought too old. 

In the short term whether it works out all depends on Solskjaer which leaves them with a mountain to climb but I think it's a smart rebuilding strategy. 

23 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The coherence with what they're doing now has to do with flexibility. They're in the shitter right now so the best of the best in the 23-26 year old range won't go there, but if they sign say, Longstaff for 25m but with lesser wages, with James on lesser wages than they usually give, Wan-Bissaka on 80k per week and a couple others with potential, they're at least giving themselves leg room to get rid of them if they don't work out because a club will be happier to take those players on those types of wages and age group.

It'd be the opposite of what's happening now where they have countless unflushable turds because they spent poorly at the top of the market and bought too old. 

In the short term whether it works out all depends on Solskjaer which leaves them with a mountain to climb but I think it's a smart rebuilding strategy. 

I think any narrow transfer strategy is doomed to failure. As fine as our work in getting Robertson for £8m and a front three as good as we have for relative pennies, Van Dijk and Alisson were the transformative buys for us, and they were the most expensive defender and goalkeeper in the world at the time.

If youth is their thing, De Ligt is everything Manchester United need but thankfully they won't go for him.

Anyway, as Red Nick would put it, all will be revealed.

The Mancs are a big rich club. Surely this new transfer strategy is going to fall on it ass. Remember Rodgers bought loads of players like, Markovic, Borini, Joe Allen etc ... 

tbf i think he signed Firmino, Origi, Coutinho 

28 minutes ago, Ginny said:

The Mancs are a big rich club. Surely this new transfer strategy is going to fall on it ass. Remember Rodgers bought loads of players like, Markovic, Borini, Joe Allen etc ... 

tbf i think he signed Firmino, Origi, Coutinho 

Borini, Benteke and Allen were Brendan’s boys. Bobby and Coutinho were committee signings.