You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

He's a fucking tit. Wasnt that long ago he was calling Jurgen's tactics and team 'one dimensional.'

He's telling the truth though. His eyes can only see one dimension to our game. He thinks Jürgen says to the boys before the game "go out there, win the ball back and score". He can't comprehend more complexity than that.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

What does that even mean?  

I was about to say the same.

Seriously, what the actual fuck?

If Ferguson had said something similar about the 1-6 v Man City, he’d have a point. That game was 1-3 at 88 mins and then they conceded 3 in those final minutes when the mancs were bombing on trying to get back into it.

You know you’ve lost, take your medicine and stay down.

They were 0-5 down after 50 minutes on Sunday. It makes no sense.

• Upvote 2

If there's anything holding them back from going for Conte, I doubt it's money. More likely to be his no nonsense attitude. He'd ruffle a few feathers, both in the dressing room and higher up.

Pochettino seems made for them, he swallowed Levy's shit for years and asked for second helpings. Which makes it all the more pleasing that he isn't available now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

What the fuck is he talking about, got up too early? Should they have waited on 8-0 before trying to play? Or is he saying that when they conceded they need to lie down for longer before trying to come back? Which doesn't make sense either. My brain hurts.

I think he's saying after conceding the 1st goal they should have defended and not tried to go forward for an equaliser. Which of course is what they should have done from the kick off. 

• Upvote 1

There is no reason they shouldnt go for Conte. The arguments against it is nonsense United Way stuff about him being a short term appointment and they dont do that. Well, they have a 36 year old as their highest paid player and have spent almost as much as anybody in football, they should probably stop thinking they are some process oriented club. Just go get the guy who can win stuff. Hopefully, they wont do it. 

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

There is no reason they shouldnt go for Conte. The arguments against it is nonsense United Way stuff about him being a short term appointment and they dont do that. Well, they have a 36 year old as their highest paid player and have spent almost as much as anybody in football, they should probably stop thinking they are some process oriented club. Just go get the guy who can win stuff. Hopefully, they wont do it. 

Mancini is more suitable than Conte IMO. They probably would need to wait until after the World Cup, but that shouldn’t be an issue. 

49 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Summary was - 

He got Bari & Sienna promoted - neither have been in Serie A since he left them.

He won Juventus their first Scudetto since the referee scandal.

Got a consistent tune from Pogba.

Took the worst Italy side in a generation within a penalty shootout of the Euro Semi’s. They beat Belgium and Spain in the tournament and only lost that shoot-out to then World Champions Germany.

Ex-players in Chillini and Bonnuci love him.

Won the title at Chelsea. Didn’t spend nearly as much as his rivals.

Won the FA Cup at Chelsea.

Won the title at Inter, breaking Juventus winning god knows how many on the bounce.

Didn’t spend that much at Inter. Was largely achieved with manc cast offs in Young, Sanchez & Dalot.

Improved Lukaku massively.

The only blot is his record in Europe.

I know he’s high maintenance, but I, unfortunately, think he’d do well.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Code said:

Irony?

Id laugh my tits off, a serial loser like Rodgers would be too perfect to be true. 

I think Rodgers has found his level at Leicester.

He might get a crack at Spurs or Arsenal or somebody further down the line but I don’t think he’d be a success at Man Utd.

23 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Won the title at Chelsea. Didn’t spend nearly as much as his rivals.

Won the FA Cup at Chelsea.

Won the title at Inter, breaking Juventus winning god knows how many on the bounce.

Didn’t spend that much at Inter. Was largely achieved with manc cast offs in Young, Sanchez & Dalot.

He spent £120m in his first season at Chelsea and almost 200m first year at Inter. He’s spent the last few years as a high-maintainance chequebook manager and I guarantee his next job is one where he’s promised megabucks in his first couple of transfer windows and not anything approaching a ‘project’.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Utd reign it in a bit after giving Mourinho and Solksjaer so much only to win little / nothing.

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

He might get a crack at Spurs or Arsenal or somebody further down the line but I don’t think he’d be a success at Man Utd.

If his managerial career to date is anything to go by, he'd hit the ground running and get a tune out of the current crop of players. They'd probably mount a challenge in his first season, before gradually getting worse and worse with each subsequent season.

4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

What the fuck is he talking about, got up too early? Should they have waited on 8-0 before trying to play? Or is he saying that when they conceded they need to lie down for longer before trying to come back? Which doesn't make sense either. My brain hurts.

It literally makes no sense whatever way you think about it.

They were saying on five 5 before they know what he was trying to say but didnt exactly say what.

Its bollocks 

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

He is too ambitious not too take a step up at some point

They were saying on 5 live before the players they got in the summer were the final pieces on the summer.

I'm presuming they have forgotten they got beat at home 8 times last season and they only really finished 2 dur to our injury crises and chelsea changing manager.

They also got a ridiculous number of pens and never really threatened city

23 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

He spent £120m in his first season at Chelsea and almost 200m first year at Inter. He’s spent the last few years as a high-maintainance chequebook manager and I guarantee his next job is one where he’s promised megabucks in his first couple of transfer windows and not anything approaching a ‘project’.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Utd reign it in a bit after giving Mourinho and Solksjaer so much only to win little / nothing.

Maybe I didn’t relay it properly - his spending was significantly less than both City and the mancs while he was at Chelsea. 

At the end of the day, at Inter, he delivered and won them the league for the first time in 11 years.

37 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Trouble is, they can’t tighten the reins on an incoming manager while they’re taking dividends out and still, STILL, in the process of buying the club using it’s own money. 

Conte gets great short term results. But he leaves an absolute shitshow behind him after 2 seasons. Also, he’s never had to deal with coming up against 3 top teams. He’d obviously do a lot better than then OGS, but success would be far from guaranteed.