You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

1 hour ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

The good old days.

That's as bent a refereeing performance as your ever  likely to see , utterly corrupt by Riley along with Webb they really did have things massively in their favour. 

All that's missing in those highlights is the big brown envelope being stuffed in Rileys kit bag .

5 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

That's as bent a refereeing performance as your ever  likely to see , utterly corrupt by Riley along with Webb they really did have things massively in their favour. 

All that's missing in those highlights is the big brown envelope being stuffed in Rileys kit bag .

Remember that well and people on here over the years say there is no corruption in the game.

• Upvote 1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer walks into a Bank to cash a cheque. As he approaches the cashier he says, "Good morning, Ms could you please cash this cheque for me?"
Cashier:"It would be my pleasure. Could you please show me your ID?"
Solskjaer:"Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Manager of Manchester United”.
Cashier: "Yes, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers and requirements of the legislation, etc., I must insist on seeing ID."
Solskjaer: Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."
Cashier: "I am sorry, Mr Solskjaer but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."Solskjaer,"Come on please, I am urging you, please cash this cheque."
Cashier: "Look sir, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque.

"Another time, Roger Federer came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his cheque. So, sir, what can you do to prove that it is you and only you?"

Solskjaer stands there thinking and thinking and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank...there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don't have a clue."
Cashier: "Will that be large or small notes , Mr Solskjaer?”

9 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Can we keep this to our favourite Manchester United manager? I come to this thread to be cheered up and the thought of Jurgen leaving doesn't do that 

Exactly right. Anyway I’m convinced Klopp will sign another contract to take him to 2027. He’ll be 60 that year which is still young enough for him to take a year out and then have a crack at international football if he fancies it.

I’m shocked at the disrespect for Gerrard in this thread. I think he’s done a really good job at Rangers up to now, and how can anyone be certain he would fail here? Kenny mark one wasn’t bad, and if Klopp left a team of winners for the next manager, maybe Gerrard could hit the ground running in the way both Paisley, Fagan and Kenny did.

Why worry about tomorrow anyway, let’s just all enjoy the ride we’re on right now with the best manager in the world.

• Upvote 2

Good to see a lot of the back pages going with Rooney's rant at the lazy players being the cause of United's malaise and not a shit, clueless short arsed, snidey cunt way out of his depth in his job (yet won't admit it)

Long may Ole 'be at the wheel'. 

12 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah, I agree. Jurgen was a 'shoe in' for the type of manager FSG envisaged. He had a massive task on his hands to make Liverpool into title challengers never mind title winners. His last season overall at Dortmund was pretty poor even if they did recover in the 2nd half of the season so dont think he was a sure thing to bring titles to the club.

I heard this bandied around alot at the time, from what I remember they had just sold Lewandowski (comtract ran out) and replaced him with immobile, alot of players came back from the world Cup injured or not fit. Its no coincidence that once he got his first 11 fit that they climbed the table.

You do have to remember that every year that Dortmond team got raided for their best players and they had to find another cog to fit the machine, maybe the lewandowski one was a cog too far.

Also maybe the reason above is why Klopp is happy to not have to keep adding players to the team and happy to go with what he's got unless he sees someone outstanding that would enhance the team no end.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

I heard this bandied around alot at the time, from what I remember they had just sold Lewandowski (comtract ran out) and replaced him with immobile, alot of players came back from the world Cup injured or not fit. Its no coincidence that once he got his first 11 fit that they climbed the table.

Liverpool's analysis of Klopp's last season in Dortmund according to Ian Graham.

"Our owners and me and all my colleagues were huge fans of Jurgen and his Dortmund team in the early 2010s. They played the most exciting brand of football in Europe, and not coming from a place of financial dominance. They won the German Bundesliga twice at a huge financial deficit to Bayern Munich, and so he was always one of our dream hires as manager.

"But his last season in Dortmund was disastrous, they were in the relegation zone, and the German media said it was all over for Dortmund, Klopp's lost it. There's no way back for them.

"Our analysis showed something quite different: they were still clearly the second-best team in Germany but the performances did not match the results. I analysed ten seasons of Bundesliga performances and Dortmund were the second-unluckiest team in that ten-year history, it was just some terrible luck which cost Jurgen that season."

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Edited other stuff out to get back on thread!

Anyway, as has been said, this thread is about the gimp so with that, give him another contract!

10 years minumum.

United fans I know seem very happy with Rodgers. A fairly big portion won’t give him any slack though so could be another good thread coming up. He will have to start strongly and get that wee bit of luck. 

the only issue is that he’s actually a decent manager and should improve them but then most competent managers would.