You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

1 hour ago, Chris said:

I'm just riffing on what you said, mate. If we won't be relying on him to coach the players and make informed tactical decisions and outfox other teams, what will he be doing other than picking the team and motivating? 

If it feels I'm being prickly, it's because I'm dead set against him being Klopp's replacement and it feels like people are doing mental gymnastics to justify it being a good idea.

for me there aren't good ideas when klopp goes to be honest. anyone we get is a step down. Lijnders by all accounts didn't enjoy being the main man at NEC. We have a good backroom team, Klopp is going to have a year off, so not likely to take that team with him - so why would we want to lose his team as well as him? We need someone who has the capability to lead both the staff, the players and actually as Klopp has shown, the fans too. If Gerrard has 5 good years at Rangers, there's no mental gymnastics about it, he is as relevant to manage liverpool at that point as most, if not all. I have no fondness for the idea of taking the next flavour of the day who's had a good 6 months with a mid-table team. It seems to me most of our fans think the only way he can prove capable of doing the job is if he makes himself David Moyes for 2 years. It's irrelevant, as David Moyes has proved. 

We should be looking at a club like Bayern for tips on how to create a lasting infrastructure - the manager is just one part of that and should not be tasked to recreate it each time. 

People have been biggin up Ten Hag - he is a prime example of succeeding because of that kind of structure.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

We should be looking at a club like Bayern for tips on how to create a lasting infrastructure - the manager is just one part of that and should not be tasked to recreate it each time. 

People have been biggin up Ten Hag - he is a prime example of succeeding because of that kind of structure.

which is my point about keeping Klopp's team. We have no need to rip it all down when Klopp goes, in fact our aim should be to maintain as much of what he has built as possible, as that will give us the best chance for continued success. We are unlikely to be able to hire one of these absolutely top category managers, as most of those wouldn't work as klopp has done on such a modest transfer budget. So we need someone who can work with the structure, work with FSG, command the respect of the players, staff and fans, can understand the pressure that comes with the job and can continue to get the very best out of the structure Klopp has created. And this is the thing to remember. Part of Klopp's brilliance is what he has built - we need a manager who doesn't want to pull it all down. We want a manager who will come in and continue the good work. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Kenny Dalglish was a World Class footballer, top manager and is a greatman.

Ole the Orc is a cunt. Hope this helps don’t care if it doesn’t. Cunts.

Dalglish built one of the greatest clubs side ever on the back.of the sale of 1 player.

Soljaskaar has spent £500m and gone backwards.

You can see where people can see the similarities. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Part of Klopp's brilliance is what he has built - we need a manager who doesn't want to pull it all down. We want a manager who will come in and continue the good work

Yea, absolutely. Guardiola is really the best example - coached the B team for a year and became manager at a club with long standing infrastructure (that he admittedly knew inside and out). His next gig is at a club with an even better one. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Dalglish built one of the greatest clubs side ever on the back.of the sale of 1 player.

Soljaskaar has spent £500m and gone backwards.

You can see where people can see the similarities. 

Kenny is another great example of a manager succeeding immediately because of a tremendous infrastructure, which at the time we had in spades. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Boss said:

Gerrard doesn't have the ideas to become a top-class manager. Gerrard wanted us to hire Curbishley and backed Hodgson's appointment. Gerrard is stuck with the mentality of an LMA manager. I'd rather have Rodgers back than Gerrard. Anyway, it should be someone who's managed at the highest level and won the biggest honours. Someone that the players can respect, who has forward-thinking ideas about football.

Rodgers back?

05F5AD73-CF6E-40FC-9F11-FC8132BCEB32.jpeg

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Do we have any indication yet that Steven Gerrard is, y'know, a good coach? 

Quite clearly knit picking.

But breaking Celtic’s domination on the SPL, a good run in Europe and that a couple of Rangers youngsters (I forget the names - the right back especially) are Scotland regulars, suggest he’s good at something

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

But breaking Celtic’s domination on the SPL, a good run in Europe and that a couple of Rangers youngsters (I forget the names - the right back especially) are Scotland regulars, suggest he’s good at something

I think his time managing the under 18s here has also helped him where he had to focus on coaching the players to improve them.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think FSG would like him as he's worked on a low budget with a good youth set up, has experience of managing a big club and has won things as well as doing well in Europe. 

He will be sought after and probably leave though before Klopp's contract runs out.

48 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

We'll see, I guess, because he's probably going to end up back at some point. But Rangers isn't a barometer for anything, in my opinion. It might as well be our under 18s, still. 

6 minutes ago, Chris said:

We'll see, I guess, because he's probably going to end up back at some point. But Rangers isn't a barometer for anything, in my opinion. It might as well be our under 18s, still. 

England has fucked this up - need to allow B teams to compete in League One or even the Championship. Just like the 3 clubs that have been mentioned.

I'd fancy our B team's chances against the likes of Gillingham or Portsmouth.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

England has fucked this up - need to allow B teams to compete in League One or even the Championship. Just like the 3 clubs that have been mentioned.

Completely disagree with that. Premier League has done enough damage to lower league football without hoovering up even more players to play in their B teams in the English lower leagues. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Nah mate no chance, it would ruin those clubs even more. 

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The papa John's trophy would suggest otherwise! 

Screenshot_20211028-203759.jpg

Screenshot_20211028-203903.jpg

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

There aren’t obvious names out there to replace Klopp when he decides to call it. There are some good managers in the league though. Potter, Hasenhuttl and Bielsa are worth keeping tabs on. 

Stop it. The new Eddie Howe. The German David Moyes. And a lunatic who can't even set a team up, has mastered just one style of playing and hasn't won a fucking thing in living memory and will be 69 by the time klopp retires. 

There isn't one credible alternative to klopp in this league, aside from the 2 at our closest rivals, who would obviously not be in the running. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chris said:

This post is absolutely ridiculous.

Do our under 18s play in front of 50,000 people every other week? Do they play in a goldfish bowl where they are under huge pressure to win every single game? Is everything they say or do scrutinised by an entire country's media? Have they had to come from behind with financial handicaps to usurp their most hated rivals & win their first title in almost 10 years?

I understand people criticising the Scottish game, which isn't great but to compare being manager of Rangers to being manager of Liverpool under 18s is ludicrous.

• Upvote 2