You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

6 hours ago, rb14 said:

If Stevie is coming, and I suspect it's inevitable, I'd love to see him as an assistant to Jurgen for a couple of years. Whether either would be up for it is a good question, but it would make me far more comfortable if he takes over when Jurgen leaves. 

Learn from the best shouldn’t be a bad idea I guess. But if you’re going to be one of the best managers in world football I reckon you need your own vision and ideas. Football like other things is constantly changing and under development. If you stand still you’re going backwards. And copying someone that used to be the best normally isn’t the best way to stay ahead of the competition. It certainly isn’t working for Ole.

Paul Pogba is leaving on a free in the summer. That means they paid £100m to Juventus, Riola made £41m from agent fees and he's been paid £75m over the course of his contract. He also saw off Mourinho, who was the only one who sussed out that he was actually shite at football. Thanks for everything Paul. You've done a fabulous job.

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, Boss said:

Paul Pogba is leaving on a free in the summer. That means they paid £100m to Juventus, Riola made £41m from agent fees and he's been paid £75m over the course of his contract. He also saw off Mourinho, who was the only one who sussed out that he was actually shite at football. Thanks for everything Paul. You've done a fabulous job.

It should never be forgotten that before they paid £100m for him, they already owned him. For nowt.

18 minutes ago, Boss said:

Which manager resigned him? I thought it was Mourinho but our comment above makes me less sure.  Either way sterling work there Paul. Worth every penny.  

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Which manager resigned him? I thought it was Mourinho but our comment above makes me less sure.  Either way sterling work there Paul. Worth every penny.  

It was Shitcoat I remember him bragging about it at the press conference,  only Utd can sign a player of this stature or something along those lines .

6 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

It was Shitcoat I remember him bragging about it at the press conference,  only Utd can sign a player of this stature or something along those lines .

Jesus has he been back there that long? He's garbage. A few long range deflected goals for the Mancs and granted a decent World Cup for France and he's talked about like he's one of the best in the world. I wouldn't take him here on a free. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Sounds like a money all opportunity to me. 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

They have spent an eye watering amount of dross down the years.

Even Ferguson

17 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, there's no danger of him hanging around, but I don't think that's about anything other than he's got a life to live and as much as he's loving his time here, he seems to be the type of fella who wants to experience other things. That might indeed help us. 

@Chris mentions about giving him a year off or whatever, but I sense he will have another professional challenge after he leaves Liverpool. Not that I'd be against us trying something like that, I just think when klopp is done here, he'll be done. 

I know loads of our fans are petrified of Gerrard taking over, but I think if we were to keep klopp's backroom team, his job is as much a part of being the figurehead and carrying the weight of the club, which cannot be underestimated (see Moyes training on the beach!). By all accounts klopp is a brilliant delegator and we can see by how he's worked with these players, he's a manager who thrives from the people who work for him taking responsibility for what they do - the players on the pitch solve problems in front of them without much intervention in game from klopp. If you remember Rodgers as an example, every problem we had he thought he needed to solve from the bench and could make 2 or 3 tactical changes in a half. So I could see our path after klopp being someone with a personalty for the role and build their footballing experience with the help of a very mature and capable backroom staff. 

Yes, Klopp seems like a man who’d like to move on, but there’s also a personality thing, how you view other people, the level of empathy.

If Ferguson had 12 y old son coming to him for help with at difficult school assignment, Fergie would be a good dad and help the lad to a better grade.

Klopp, however, would say; ”listen son, school’s there for you to learn from. I think the best way for you to learn is to do the assignment yourself without my help. Go on son and show them what you can do”.

Gerrard strikes me in a similar mould to how someone described Solskjaer, someone doing an impression of how he thinks a football manager should be.  Completely different personalities of course, Solskjaer is a pathetic wet wipe, Gerrard most definitely is not.  But I don't think Stevie really knows himself or knows what he's doing.  Early days though, but his parroting if typical LMA speak is a worrying sign.

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

Gerrard strikes me in a similar mould to how someone described Solskjaer, someone doing an impression of how he thinks a football manager should be.  Completely different personalities of course, Solskjaer is a pathetic wet wipe, Gerrard most definitely is not.  But I don't think Stevie really knows himself or knows what he's doing.  Early days though, but his parroting if typical LMA speak is a worrying sign.

I love Gerrard as a player and I'm glad he's doing well at Rangers but I don't want him as manager as it stands.

I will sit up and take notice if he joins a club in the PL, like a Wolves or Southampton and is competing in the top half, with the occasional bloody nose given to the elite managers in the league, decent domestic cup runs and getting into Europa etc.

If we were to bring him in straight from Rangers we would be doing exactly what Chelsea did with Lampard, unrealistic expectations loaded straight onto a club legend and little time for them to cut their teeth, I do think we would be more patient than Chelsea fans or Abramovich were but we shouldn't have to be, we should be working with Klopp and his team to find the best possible manager and fit for our club, is Gerrard that, I'm sorry but he isn't, not at this time.

• Upvote 1

Slightly off topic but I always thought Brian Kidd was a fucking hero, not in a footballing sense but in terms of the art of blagging. Spent an entire career getting footballs out for training then putting them back in again, from one manc club to the other, depending who'll pay him the most to do it. My footballing spirit animal. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Best not to think about post Klopp too much. Gerrard probably isn’t a smart move but I prefer to worry about it nearer the time. 

Go one further and don’t worry about it at all. Absolutely fuck all any of us can do about it, so no point wasting any energy on it.